Passive butane extraction and recovery

• Thread starter Graywolf
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Graywolf

Graywolf

I've been impressed with the results demonstrated by the Tamisium extraction and recovery unit by others on line, but the sticker shock cuts to the very soul of a cheap bastage like Moi, so I began to think about how one might put together a more affordable system, operating on the same principles of hot and cold.

A storage tank can be simply made from a propane torch tank, by changing out the valve assembly. Since I've seen several pictures of that solution on line, I focused instead on the extraction unit itself. I've played with a couple different sizes and designs, but here is a conceptual design for simple one, that holds around an ounce and can be built for under a couple of hundred dollars.

Here is also another larger one, that uses borosilicate column and collection tank, so that you can watch it operate:

I will build the first to prove out the concept, and the glass and stainless unit, if the all stainless one pans out.

1 oz passive blow up detail
1 oz passive extraction and recovery unit
Visible butane extraction system 1
jagle

jagle

cool, this is way outta my league but butane oil is something id be interested in making
(small scale) i am very interested to see how this works out tho

Top Bottom