Patient MPB Buckets

• Thread starter Ridge
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Ridge

We finally got around to posting some pics of one of our patients MPB rooms.
We dropped in some moms that never really got cut from so they just turned out to be 6 ft tall trees that needed a new home.
We've got the following in our ten bucket set up:
2 So Cal Master Kush
1 Purple Master Kush
2 Chemdog #4
1 Platinum Bubba
3 Pre 98 Bubba
1 Sour OG
Photos to follow . . .
Thanks again to everyone posting all their info here, our patients will be real happy soon.

R

Ridge

Haven't figured out the pic thing just yet, but think this should work.
Copied Mr Dizzle's set up for the most part. We have a 5 ton Excel aire AC cooling 12 lights, soon to be 15. Have a 60,000 btu CO2 burner running off of natural gas piped in.
Total room size is 19x38 with 12 ft ceilings but we're only going to be using 2/3 of it for now.
Hope we don't run out of ceiling height.
Custom built 240 gal reservoir with Intellidose pH dosing system, keeps system at a constant 5.8 and we have a 2 ton chiller keeping the water between 68-70. Still toying with the chiller, trying to get it to be more stable at 68 or below.
Avg plant height when we dropped them in 2 days ago, 6 ft!!

GEDC0656
GEDC0657
GEDC0658
GEDC0659
GEDC0665
GEDC0666
GEDC0667
GEDC0668
GEDC0669
R

Ridge

Reservoir pics

Here's pics of the Intellidose, 240 gal custom reservoir and 2 ton chiller.

GEDC0670
GEDC0671
GEDC0672
GEDC0673
D

doubleds

wow, 6ftrs to start. what were they in b4 the transplant to the mpb's? How do you like the 2 ton chiller? Crank it down to 63 degrees bro, that will give you a stable 68 in your mpb's. Is that "tubing' with the holes cut in it for the a/c? How were the excel air to work with?

Lots of questions bro, congrats on your room !!

dds

R

Ridge

wow, 6ftrs to start. what were they in b4 the transplant to the mpb's? How do you like the 2 ton chiller? Crank it down to 63 degrees bro, that will give you a stable 68 in your mpb's. Is that "tubing' with the holes cut in it for the a/c? How were the excel air to work with?

Lots of questions bro, congrats on your room !!

dds

Thanks DD, everything owed to you, this system is amazing.

They were in 5 gal pots with a coco blend, just washed off the excess coco and put some grow rocks in the bottom of the buckets and a bit on the sides.
Love the chiller so far but our res is so long and shallow that its hard to get the water temp evenly distributed.
The ducting is 14 inch hard ducting with 3 inch holes every 1.5 ft alternating sides. The guys at Excel recommended that specifically. The excel 5 ton is great so far, had one or two small issues but the guys at Excel Aire are extremely helpful. They walked our patient through somewhat complicated issues in a short amount of time with success each time. Very good customer service.
The install was a snap, except one kink in the hose but we fixed it before it cracked.

S

space101

WOW 6ft! those puppies are going to be touching the ceiling. Could you add a submersible in the res to pump water down to the far end?

R

Ridge

We've added two already but I think we need to place them differently.

M

mrdizzle

hey ridge, you might want to put those bulbs at the middle of the plant to see if you can get her to bush out and not up. man your gonna need a pulley system to get your ass up there.
I love all the MPB poppin up, absolutly love it

R

Rob1

i cant wait to see them threw the flower period. amazing set up...

M

mcattak

Thats a big chiller and should have that water chilled in no time...Maybe put the intake pump on the opposite side of the rez than your chiller return...What size pump you using for that chiller???

You might need bigger cages for those ladies...

N

noone88

I've always wanted to flower a mother. This is going to be awesome.

R

Ridge

hey ridge, you might want to put those bulbs at the middle of the plant to see if you can get her to bush out and not up. man your gonna need a pulley system to get your ass up there.
I love all the MPB poppin up, absolutly love it

Thats where we are stuck, not sure if we should lower the lights and veg for a bit longer or give up on the lower portion and focus on the tops. Because they were moms, the lowers are really weak and partially stripped due to lack of light. Also, we didn't give ourselves enough space between them for them to bush out really.
As for the pulley, we've joked about that, needing something like the Mission Impossible scene to get around in there. Instead we bought some scaffolding with wheels!

R

Ridge

Thats a big chiller and should have that water chilled in no time...Maybe put the intake pump on the opposite side of the rez than your chiller return...What size pump you using for that chiller???

You might need bigger cages for those ladies...

We just started that yesterday and it seems to be working. Using a 1800 GPH danner.

ALLegal420

ALLegal420

Premium Member
Supporter
Very impressive looking setup and TREES, not messin around in this thread!!!

I've been thinking about this unique situation with such tall tree's going in and the light coverage of 4 single lights per tree. This is all just from my OCD of trying to make things more efficient for what is put out. I could be way off base on this one but I'm going to throw it out anyway.

The main problem I see with this setup is light distribution to the 'whole' tree, or at least a decent amount more than it's seeing... I believe double stacking the lights would benefit this grow greatly and increase yeild.

Now, I am basing this on the info from earlier in the thread... a 10 plant, 15 light setup and assuming all 15 lights are 1000w. Is this similar to your current light/plant layout?

X= plant
0= 1000w light

0X0X0
X0X0X
0X0X0X0
_0_0_0

-6 plants get 4000w each
-4 plants get 3000w each

*Notice 4 plants only receive 3000w

----------------------------

Now in this setup I am going to assume each extra light (double stack-2000w) will increase plant growth/yeild by 15%, just gonna call it a .15 plant gain for tonight since it's late. I feel that I'm being conservative on this number because if you doubled stacked all 4 corners of the plant you'd only see a 60% gain and not double in my figures. But with such large trees going in this system that need even more side light distribution than normal to really get these babies to explode and utilize this system, who knows what the limits are on these monsters, it could get exponential growth rate by double stacking....

X= plant
0= 1000w light
#= double stacked 1000w's

0X0X0X0
X#X#X#X0
0X0X0X0

-2 plants get 6000w each
-1 plant gets 5000w each
-7 plants get 4000w each

*Notice the least amount of light any plant will see is 4000w.

So each double stacked light (2,000w) will add 15% to the growth of the plant over a single stack light.

-2 plants have 2 double stacked lights (6000w total each); each plant receive's a 30% gain in yeild for a total of 60% from 2 plants.... 2.6 plants instead of 2 from single light (4000w)

-1 plant has 1 double stack next to it (5000w total) for a 15% gain in yeild.... 1.15 plants instead of 1 from 4,000w

Here's where it gets interesting because of your single setup having 6 plants with lights on 4 sides and 4 plants with lights on 3 sides. The double stack diagram has 7 plants that are lighted from 3 sides but 1 of the sides is double stacked (4,000w each on 7 plants).

-7 plants have light from 3 sides but 1 side is double stacked (total of 4000w each)... But the original single light setup has 6 plants with 4,000w around them, I'm going to call this a wash and not include the 15% from the 1 extra 4,000w plant that is double stacked since they aren't getting hit from 4 sides like the single light setup...NO gain (make up your own mind on this part, I'm trying to be very conservative.)
¤2nd part of above- In the single light setup the last 4 plants are lighted on only 3 sides (3000w). This gives the double stack 7 plants that have 1,000w more each... (7x.15 = 1.05 plant for FREE).

Total = 1.8 FREE Tree gain!!

Take what you will from this as I haven't grown an MPB setup and just thinking outside of the box here which this system is completely about... In a way. At first this system didn't make sense from previous grow methods I'd read, after DD and Heath were kind enough to explain the system and why it does what it does, it now makes complete sense!

Way to hit it hard out the gate, very cool!

Alright, back to the pro's... :D

R

Ridge

We would love to add lights and do the doubble stacking, we're just limited by heat. Our AC is only rated for 15 1k's plus CO2. I have the choice of adding 2 lights to the corners or adding 3 lights and 3 more plants that will only have lights on 2 sides but maybe push our luck with a couple 600's. What do you guys think? More lights to existing trees or add more trees?

BOSSMAN88188

BOSSMAN88188

Sweet setup ridge.
I do have some concearn about the size of they girls once the stretch.
Your going be tying for days bro.
I would go with the more lights on existing trees.
Good luck bro.
I will be enjoying watching this one.

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

Intellidose....that's the way you do it.

Nice set up, I really dig the through the wall application....keep on keepin on.

Latest posts

Top Bottom