Peat vs compost soiless mix what is best here

• Thread starter legitness
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
legitness

legitness

So I do the normaly do the 1/3 peat 1/3 ewc 1/3 lava rock then amendments

But wondering as I read leaf mould can be used instead of peat and more benefit too
And I found a study on using compost on it’s own

After a few rolls of the soil your worms n microbes work a compost pile of the mulch and amendments so I wondered if a soil like this with raving reviews of many veg winning records too for biggest grown would be good to use instead of peat it’s has a year of food and is made from bracken comfrey n sheep wool

This super strength compost is our best compost for growing organic, succulent, aromatic tomatoes throughout the year. Containing all the must-have nutrients this compost requires no additional tomato feed. Now with added Comfrey! – the organic gardeners best friend – a ‘dynamic accumulator’ packed with nutrients is added into the Wool Compost range. Comfrey's ‘Bocking 14’ variety has high levels of potassium, phosphorous & nitrogen for healthy plant growth, larger flowers & bigger crops. And like the rest of Dalefoot’s range, it has been approved by the Soil Association for organic growing.

The sheep's wool gives natural water retention and also provides a slow release of nitrogen. The high level of potash in the bracken promotes flowering and fruiting. Plus it contains natural micro-nutrients for growing healthy and delicious produce. Benefits of Wool Compost:

• 12 months feed

Thinking to do

Dalefoot 30%
Wormcast30%
Lava rock 30%
10%biochar microbes n fungi with malt barley powder

Cup of gypsum and adjust ph of mix with peat if needed as cast and dale both 6.5 already

legitness

legitness

Any 1 know if it’s cool to use a good fed compost instead of peat ???

Top Bottom