Penguin Chiller need some info?

• Thread starter Morocco Blak
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Morocco Blak

Morocco Blak

I am looking to buy a chiller and came across this penguin 1/2 HP chiller for less than 500 bucks. have any experience with one of these or heard anything about this company I searched online and couldn't find anything.

Legallyflying

Legallyflying

I have never heard of a penguin chiller. The best chiller I have used is a DIY model. Buy a 70 pint dehumidifier, a Ranco industrial temperature controller, 25' of 1/2" SS tubing and a pump.

Take apart Dehu and CAREFULLY bend the outer most coil down into a cooler. Set the pump in the cooler and fill with water, throw the SS tuning in your Rez and run vinyl tubing to and from the cooler.

Set the controller temp and your done. It looks ghetto as hell but it works incredible. I still remember my partner laughing at me until he saw that spending $350 on parts yielded a chiller that will keep 300 gallons of Rez water in our flower room at 62 degrees without running constantly.

If you don't want to go the DIY route my only other recommendation is aty away from the Eco plus units. Total junk!!

Bowski

Bowski

I have never heard of a penguin chiller. The best chiller I have used is a DIY model. Buy a 70 pint dehumidifier, a Ranco industrial temperature controller, 25' of 1/2" SS tubing and a pump.

Take apart Dehu and CAREFULLY bend the outer most coil down into a cooler. Set the pump in the cooler and fill with water, throw the SS tuning in your Rez and run vinyl tubing to and from the cooler.

Set the controller temp and your done. It looks ghetto as hell but it works incredible. I still remember my partner laughing at me until he saw that spending $350 on parts yielded a chiller that will keep 300 gallons of Rez water in our flower room at 62 degrees without running constantly.

If you don't want to go the DIY route my only other recommendation is aty away from the Eco plus units. Total junk!!
do you have some pics of this chiller you made. sounds good to me, hate shit that dont work. thank for the info

Legallyflying

Legallyflying

Sorry. I don't have pictures. If you google diy aquarium chiller you will come across the info you need sooner or later.

Top Bottom