People Are Awesome.

• Thread starter Travis B
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Travis B

Travis B

Good afternoon everyone,

From a young age, I have been in an environment of hard work and leadership. Being the only son to my father, the owner of a concrete company in Virginia. I was lucky enough to see first-hand what true hard work entailed. Now, as a 22 year old, I currently am the foreman for most jobsites. This is an honor which was worked very hard for over the course of four and half years. I began as a laborer, where I was really able to show what i was made of. I proved myself reliable with a hunger to learn more. I gained a lot of experience through working on military bases and government protected sites such as NASA. Relationship building proved to be of the utmost importance when working on by-the-book jobs. I've gained the respect of CEO's of general contractors, United States Army Corps of Engineers, superintendents, military personnel, and more. In the process of working my way up the rough totem pole in construction, I've also learned valuable lessons and skills that have remained the forefront of my thoughts. Nothing is more rewarding than completing a job right the first time. However, I have always wanted more.

I have been thinking constantly the past few years if I wanted to take over this business or find a new career path. I decided at the beginning of this year that my true passion lies in the wonderful world of marijuana. Being the perfectionist that I am, I've wanted to learn everything I could before taking anymore steps. After all the research I have done, I am confident that I want to grow marijuana for the rest of my life.
My question is, what's next?

I've been exhausting all of my contacts to no avail. My local NORML chapter isn't that affluent. I also do not want to go outside the law when cultivating, so growing in my area is off the table. I have absolutely no contacts in this community at all. So here I am, hungry for someone to give me a shot. Im willing to go the extra mile for someone who can really teach me hands-on experience. In return, you will gain a loyal employee. I am able and willing to provide recommendations, work hard, and travel anywhere in the continental US where its legal to learn and work.

Thank you for your time,
Travis B.

Travis B

Travis B

I was afraid that it might come off that way. Please, if you have any suggestions on how I can get my foot in the door, I am all ears.

Travis B

Travis B

That actually sounds great. I just do not have any connections into the cannabis community at all it seems. I would gladly take the trimming job to prove myself. I read in another thread on this site that a big problem with employees is that they never had a real job and leave after the first day or two. I feel as if that will work great in my favor.

Travis B

Travis B

I agree, but unfortunately I do not know any farmers to hang around. A guy was telling me a few weeks ago that I should just travel to Humboldt and look around.
I really do not have the resources for this. The internet may seem sketchy, but I am willing to verify my intentions through any means possible.

Calixylon

Calixylon

Dude stick with your construction, are you fucking kidding me. If its rerally what your doing it sounds like your making way more then you will ever make growing marijuana. Honestly if youve never grown a plant, your light years behind, theres knowledge of strains, experience, and good genetics that you dont have, and no one will just give that to you.

Why dont you wait and move to a legal state, but dont throw away the only exerience you have doing anything. But if your trully willing to uproot and dip for a $12 trimming job, its hard to imagine that your truly a foreman and making goodmoney at cvonstruction.

Also if your not willing to go to jail for this plant, then you shouldnt doing this. You say you dont wanna grow illegal, but almost everyone here has at one point grown illegal, because most of us were smoking before this was a medical thing. Im willing to go to jail for this plant, i think most of the people on here are to.

H

happy b

I agree, but unfortunately I do not know any farmers to hang around. A guy was telling me a few weeks ago that I should just travel to Humboldt and look around.
I really do not have the resources for this. The internet may seem sketchy, but I am willing to verify my intentions through any means possible.
when soser says "farmers" he means members of this forum thc farmer.

H

happy b

Dude stick with your construction, are you fucking kidding me. If its rerally what your doing it sounds like your making way more then you will ever make growing marijuana. Honestly if youve never grown a plant, your light years behind, theres knowledge of strains, experience, and good genetics that you dont have, and no one will just give that to you.

Why dont you wait and move to a legal state, but dont throw away the only exerience you have doing anything. But if your trully willing to uproot and dip for a $12 trimming job, its hard to imagine that your truly a foreman and making goodmoney at cvonstruction.

Also if your not willing to go to jail for this plant, then you shouldnt doing this. You say you dont wanna grow illegal, but almost everyone here has at one point grown illegal, because most of us were smoking before this was a medical thing. Im willing to go to jail for this plant, i think most of the people on here are to.
Here here!well said.im sitting here growin illegally without a job thinkin "what?" Please dont give up your dads company solely to grow weed for a living.im tellin you man it just aint that easy.ESPECIALLY if your tryin to stay within the law.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Travis, first, welcome to the farm. Second, grow because you enjoy it, not to get in on the Green Rush. Stay with the construction business for now, specifically for tax reasons. You're very young and you have your whole life ahead of you. Take your time and over the years you should get to know some people.

derkaderk

derkaderk

Start building growrooms/houses! People are always looking for trustworthy contractors, plus it will pay more, without all the risk.
Then grow as a hobby.

Travis B

Travis B

I appreciate your response, however I respectfully disagree. I maintain a 12x12 garden every year at my home. Granted, there is no marijuana in this garden, but I have grown a number of plants. I realize that I should of mentioned that in the first post now. The reason why I am willing and wanting to switch to a $12 trimming job is to get my foot in the door. I don't want to do concrete. I don't understand why you think I am making decent money as a foreman of a concrete company. $12/hour isn't too far behind what I am getting. Also, I know when I get into this field, it will not be 100% legal. All I'm looking for an area where it is more or less tolerated than where I am at. I live in a total anti pot community right now. Very high density of military, government, and shipyard workers.

Travis B

Travis B

Travis, first, welcome to the farm. Second, grow because you enjoy it, not to get in on the Green Rush. Stay with the construction business for now, specifically for tax reasons. You're very young and you have your whole life ahead of you. Take your time and over the years you should get to know some people.

Thank you for the warm welcome. I want to grow because I love this plant. Nothing more, nothing less.

Start building growrooms/houses! People are always looking for trustworthy contractors, plus it will pay more, without all the risk.
Then grow as a hobby.

This actually sounds pretty great. Are there any companies that you are aware of that deal solely with grow room construction? Or is it mainly just a side job type deal?

I appreciate all of your responses. I really do. I just want to make clear that I am in this for career happiness, not monetary happiness. I chose this forum over the many others because I stayed around awhile and saw how the community interacts with each other and thought it was the friendliest and most helpful. I appreciate any help I can get while trying to achieve this goal.

F

FooDoo

Sounds fishy. My buddies make $30/hr in construction. You should be banking hardcore taking over the your dad's business

derkaderk

derkaderk

Round these parts a forman makes $50k General construction, journeyman make $70k just averaging for SoCal. Electrical makes even more.

derkaderk

derkaderk

I believe you could post an add on one of those thcjob boards. Word of mouth will be your friend, all you need is one stellar job.

Travis B

Travis B

Sounds fishy. My buddies make $30/hr in construction. You should be banking hardcore taking over the your dad's business

I can 100% guarantee that your friends do not do concrete. The company isn't that big to consider money over the desire to be happy.

Round these parts a forman makes $50k General construction, journeyman make $70k just averaging for SoCal. Electrical makes even more.
Concrete and grading does not get certifications such as journeyman and apprentice. $50k for a foreman is for a major company with 100+ people.

Calixylon

Calixylon

Unfortunatley i think most people are going to not give you a chance, becasue right now all you have going for you is your desire to be involved with the cannabis industry. But everyone on this website wants what your asking for. But none of them ask for it, for nothing.

You dont think i wanna quit my shitty job and be given a oppurtunity to grow cannabis and be let in the door? Id realy enjoy that, but at the moment it isnt realistic for me. In my dream world hoepfully someday i can do something involved with this plant and community, but i havent tried yet becasue im still building my experience, and trying to network and make real connections with people in this industry.

I think thats why the response is how it is. Your not even willing to break a few laws, and set up a small personal geurilla grow, or a tent in your house for fear of legal problems. and then you just are asking for people to give you oppurtunities, with nothing but a description of your work experience, then you get upset when we say it sounds fishy?

I respect your dreams, becasue there my my dreams as well, most everyone on this site has those dreams, but were all actively trying to achieve them

Latest posts

Top Bottom