Pepsi Bottle Flood And Drain Table

• Thread starter caliStarW
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Papichulo

Papichulo

i am growing flood and drain tray and in 1 gallon pots, can I use sand paper and paint to black out Pepsi bottle and do single cola sog style in hydroton? Anyone done this?
I ran white rhino lollipoped in 6" pots (not sure of volume) with hydroton vegged for about 30 days and flipped at about a ft tall.

caliStarW

caliStarW

I'm worried about using the Pepsi bottle in an flood and drain tray. Like I said I will ruff it up with sand paper then use like a waterproof paint. Has this been done?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I know a lot of folks say the roots MUST be in the dark, but I'm sitting here looking at my basil, which is a lot like... pretty much almost every other plant I've ever grown with regards to the fact that its roots are getting direct sunlight (filtered through window & cup) right this moment and it's taking off.

Just do it, I think it'll turn out great. Don't worry about painting the bottles, more trouble than it's worth.

hiboy

hiboy

You should put Coke on them not Pepsi and then people will be really confused
Hb

P

Pimples

Back in the day there was a tutorial in high times about these dudes that made a 4x4 3/4 inch pvc manifold with 2 liter pop bottles screwed into each "t" fitting site. Back when 2 liters had the black cap on the bottom (top in this case). They cut the bottoms out and used the cap ad the cover or lid. Filled with hydroton and built an anti siphon/overflow dealy in the manifold so when the 2 liters were filled to a certain level...and the pump shut off from a timer..the started to drain back to the reservoir. Worked a charm except roots kept growing into the screw in part and into the manifold itself. Back then all kinds of diy tutorials were in high times.

ozman

ozman

hey all
man i remember that 2 liter bottle setup,even made 2 of them.They worked great really did.Only problem was,yea,the necks got plugged with roots.From there i went dwc,now im trying coco first time,
some people even went up to 6 inch pvc to stop the problem,by then it became to expensive for me to follow when other options are available.,
But thanks for the trip down memory lane lol

off to hit the bong .................

P

Pimples

Back then good equipment ,clones, and seed strains were so hard to come by. Shit sure has changed.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Anyone got good diy setup instructions?

ozman

ozman

I just made mine from memory and a understanding of what i wanted.
1 inch pvc pipe and fittimgs
And pvc cement
When you attach fittings to bottles
Is hardest part and best chance for leaks.
Preheat oven to 250 degrees fareneheight.
Place fittings in oven keep close eye on them
When they start getting soft insert threaded portion of 2 ltr bottle covered liberally with pvc cementand screw together quickly before it starts to harden (the glue and the fitting)
Cut pieces of pipe yo make desired size with tee fittings and elbows
Dony forget the suction break in a corner of your choice

Draw it out on paper figure out the number of elbows and tees
And figure out size 4x4 or whatever fits your space
Dont forget on one end is your drain
Man its pretty easy

Any questions ask

ozman

ozman

Bagseed and home made diy
Of course after reading high times and drooling over the centerfold and digesting the latest grow diy section and visiting the loval library for more broad understanding then make it
No seeds no nutes miracle grow was top of the line then

P

Pimples

There is less involved systems with less headaches out there. Cool people are still building these though. Why not get a tray a rez and some overflow and fill drain fittings and call it a day?

Top Bottom