# per k

• Thread starter Chris1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Chris1

I know there are tons of factors involved in this, but what is something reasonable to pull per K with the UC? Assuming you have good conditions. How significant is growth between 8 gal totes and 13 gal totes? I've done tons of reading about these, they seem so sick right out of the box.

deacon1503

deacon1503

Go with the 13's if u can, your girls will thank you for all that extra root space.

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

Overhead horizontal with 4 plants per light is the best gram per watt...go 13's for sure.

2-3 weeks veg and 2-4 LB per lite is a modest goal to shoot for. IMO

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

You mean 1-2 #s per K I wanna see a 4# 1k havent yet. I havent got to 2#s per K yet but I will .....soon

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

I thought Jack and the TK were pulling down 2+ per bucket and Jack has gotten 3+ in the 13 gal. I hope to be able to get 1# per bucket = 4 1000w over 8 buckets, so hoping to get 2# per light. I think Budgoggles is closer to what to expect as a new grower.

S

SofaKingHigh

1-2. Which can be done in any media depending on plant number and veg time.

C

crossouttheiis

I thought Jack and the TK were pulling down 2+ per bucket and Jack has gotten 3+ in the 13 gal. I hope to be able to get 1# per bucket = 4 1000w over 8 buckets, so hoping to get 2# per light. I think Budgoggles is closer to what to expect as a new grower.

Only going to get that with vert light set up for 2 plus a plant .... might want to go with larger centers if you want a half pound a plant under horizontals

F

FatFreddysKat

Seems alot of different strains can achieve good weights....I think it has to do with the health and veg. times you choose and how well you can dial that strain in...and as stated it can be done in any medium..I like the aggressive growth of the UC in veg, which I hope this time for me with the Purple Diesel achieves better results......figure at least 2 weeks veg(watch out the UC produces great veg plants, quickly too) for anything to obtain any good weight, even using proven strains notorious for heavy yielding.

Bubblehaze

Bubblehaze

I should get #1 per 1k off mine I only vegged for 7 days maybe its the strain.

B

Bobby Smith

You mean 1-2 #s per K I wanna see a 4# 1k havent yet. I havent got to 2#s per K yet but I will .....soon

Has there been a documented 2# per light grow with the UCs yet? I see people throwing out 2-3# per light numbers (as expected weights/goals) and I haven't seen a 2lber yet that I recall - yeah Jack pulled 2 and 3 pound plants, but (far as I can tell) he wasn't pulling 2/light.

I'm sure there must be one, so if someone could link to a grow that got 2 (or more) per light I'd be much obliged :)

M

mrdizzle

I personally think your gonna yeild anywhere from .75#-1.5# a light with overhead in a UC. I have yet to see a 2# per overhead light grow show. please post the link if I missed it

I have personally grown a 2lb plant and I saw jacks grow and didnt see any 3lbers. DIdnt actaully see what I thought would be 2lbers either but everything weights out differently. Plus jack was real vague about finaly number ect but I have noticed how people fill in the blanks.
with the lack of updates with these big UC grows I see, I start to wonder whats going on. I think its a real shame if people are having meltdowns and not sharing that info with other members. Just my .02 cent

F

FatFreddysKat

Hell my UC pumped out 2lbs per bucket with just a CFL, but I have no proof and no one to vouch for it ...but hey it must be true, right!!!!

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

Fortunately there doesn't seem to be the same mass failure rate with UC's that the MPB'r community suffered. I think the failures were due to a combo of a humid dwc chamber coupled with 6" cubes/soilless/coco and the top feed drippers keeping the root crown too wet......but that's another topic altogether.

As for yield per lamp, has more to do with veg time/ variety then anything else. Most getting over 2lb per 1000 in other methods are running 25+ plants per lamp with 2-3 week veg......or fewer plants with long veg. VS. 2-3 week veg and 4 plants per lamp in uc's.

I personally can't see there being anything that would keep a UC from blooming as well as any method, well other than excess nitrogen availability during bloom. In my experience it takes time to learn to manage your nutes properly during bloom in uc's to get bangin yields.......it's all about putting the PK peddle to the metal in the second half of bloom IMO

FATFREDDY......it's actually 5+ per plant and it was with LED's and halogens ;)

U

UCtestn

I think the potential is there. A lot of newbs to RDWC using the UC right now, so we have a lot of dialing in. Just because I can get 1.5#'s per light in my sunshine mix, doesn't mean I'll do better then that in a UC on my first round.

Lots of possible configurations available for the UC, including one I don't see discussed much, different lids. 4-6 plants per lid. No spacing between the buckets, three wide under magnum reflectors and 1-2 weeks veg max... I wanna see that grow ;-)

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

Lots of possible configurations available for the UC, including one I don't see discussed much, different lids. 4-6 plants per lid. No spacing between the buckets, three wide under magnum reflectors and 1-2 weeks veg max... I wanna see that grow ;-)

Ill tell ya what
If I can get some demo lids like that I will run my 6xl for a test
See what it can do
BG

JACKMAYOFFER

JACKMAYOFFER

Playing with Fire Son...
Supporter
I personally think your gonna yeild anywhere from .75#-1.5# a light with overhead in a UC. I have yet to see a 2# per overhead light grow show. please post the link if I missed it

I have personally grown a 2lb plant and I saw jacks grow and didnt see any 3lbers. DIdnt actaully see what I thought would be 2lbers either but everything weights out differently. Plus jack was real vague about finaly number ect but I have noticed how people fill in the blanks.
with the lack of updates with these big UC grows I see, I start to wonder whats going on. I think its a real shame if people are having meltdowns and not sharing that info with other members. Just my .02 cent

What up Dizzle...Well last run I ran only a few White Fire#3 In The flat room that have 1 k over every 4x 8 gallon UC buckets and the 4 plants averaged 358 grams each with basicly no training just topping..And the Vert room I was all over with numbers running different strains I did have 3 plants that where just under 3# but most where 1.5 and some 1#..At the end of the day my COCO room hits 2 + every time no matter what strain I run.I am doing a side by side in 2 rooms both 20 k both running the same strain both sealed every thing is exacatly the same minus one is drain to waist the other is Under Current one room is at week 6 the other week 5 in the end if they are close I will keep rocking the UC if one beats out the other I will be sure to give a full report you have my word...I belive that the1 k over every 4 plants will out weigh any vert room rocking the strains I grow...In the Coco room I am using 7 gallon smart pots with 15 plants per tabel...last run I hit 3 lbs a light with Blue Dream and Super Silver. The Chems and White crosses where 2+ a light... Give me 4 to 5 more weeks and I will let you know ,And a shot of the COCO room, And when this run is done I will do a run using Rock Wool with the same strain...JACK

Week 8 002
M

mrdizzle

I knew I would get an update with that post:makeup

god damn brother, I see buds in that picture in the dark, almost sitting on the floor that look like soda cans. thats how you fill a room

I like the testing you have going on Im interested to hear the results

U

UNVME

UCMENOW, you know how tingly I got when I clicked on your links to see my thread? lol ;) thanks buddy.

Personally, I think yield is all relevant to canopy management.. The reason people may be having more difficult of a time achieving greater yields with the UC, is the fact that training 4 plants under a 1000w bulb is probably a little more difficult then training something like 9, 12, 16, etc.

This was my first run in RDWC, or anything besides hand watering for that matter, and I feel as if Round 2 I can achieve much better results then round 1. I do not have enough plant support, and I did not top my plants early enough. I would say, like anything else, the UC is a learning curve.

What appeals to me, other then the insane simplicity of the system, is the fact that I can lower my plant count in half (at least...look at BenD, from 144 plants to 18, same amount of veg time, same or very similar yield results).

17 days veg with 4 plants under 1000w is pretty ideal, in my opinion, and I can't see me ever going back to anything else I've tried in the past (even though I loved them all...)

I'm unsure what my yield results are going to end up like, but I will try to keep everyone updated... Round 1 has been with NO additional co2, lots of trial and error, but I think I should ok considering.

And for the record, even though I know UCMENOW was just being generous :party0042: .., I would in no way consider myself a badass, expert, or anything along those lines.. I'm actually fairly unexperienced and COMPLETELY new to the hydroponics world, but I think knowing the basics as far as being able to read a plant is about all you need to know to dial in one of these systems...Whoever said it first said it best, K.I.S.S and you should achieve great things...

Coming from the guy who hasn't chopped down anything but some samples in a UC system, I think it's safe to say you can achieve just as good if not greater yields in a UC system then you can with anything else, with much faster vegetative growth and smaller plant counts.. I believe it has a lot to do with such a large root mass and the excellent aeration.

Just an unbiased opinion from a first time hydro grower, appreciating the things I've never seen before..

132733d1298740030-15kw-hydro-garden-226.jpg.att

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

UC Wall Of Fame

Wow, Jack's and UNV's canopies are almost identical.....also looks like TK's canopy and Ben's and DMsteppa's and Boylobster's and bubblehaze's and dr. evil's and DreaminBig1207 and ill eagle's and Green Escape's and McPuffin's and IPlay4Keepz's and Budgoggles and Phonicsmonkey and opt1cs and so on.

And BTW, UNVME is the "current" alpha grower in the UC Forum, hands down.....rock on UNV.

Latest posts

Top Bottom