Votes: 10 7.6%

Votes: 7 5.3%
  • swing

Votes: 63 47.7%

• Total voters
cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
So according to that chart 5.0 would be cherry? Anyone ever run it that low? My tables go from 5.5 to 6.1 before I adjust it back.

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

I have run 5.2. That was the best stable pH i have tried.

Swing destroys it in ime though.

F

FrostyTheGroMan

I have run 5.2. That was the best stable pH i have tried.

Swing destroys it in ime though.

So a swing in ph is the best way to go in your opinion?? What would be the best range in ph swing?? Thanks in advance for your help!!

OGONLY

OGONLY

I hear you about the chart D.S., and I believe there is relevance to the chart. However, I have been getting unbelievable results in coco using 5.8 as my go to PH for a year, 0 issues. Lately I have been letting it go up as high as 6 occasionally and its all good.

I think certain mediums may benefit more from PH swing. For example, in the UC or DWC it sounds like PH swing is beneficial. I've heard many experts say they let it swing wildly. I've also heard some coco experts say that you are asking for trouble if you go over 6.0 PH in coco. When I was in rockwool I would go between 5.5 and 6.3 with no issues.

For me though I'm sticking with 5.8-6.0 in coco. If it ain't broke, I ain't fixin it.

sealed138

sealed138

First Starfighter
Supporter
I ran my ph in coco for quite a few successful runs above 6.
I would shoot for 5.8-clones,6.0-veg, 6.2 bloom.
I think im gonna stick around 6.0 for bloom this time though.

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

5.8-6.0 is my recommendation for coco... i said that a few times i think. It has a different chart (next to the hydro one.)

This thread is in the UC section and thus implicitly geared toward that system. Not that i mind talking about coco, but unless specified, UC is the system in question.

Venom818

Venom818

I swing but not that much and it is usually a slow decline from 6.3-6.5 to 5.8 at the low end.

I like 6.2-6.3 for rooting clones and seedlings, 6.3-6.0 for veg into early flower, and 6.0-5.8 till the end..

I used to jack the ph to 8 or so for a few days to make the big fans fall off real easy almost by shakin the tree boss...and the harvest and final trim

Tex

what medium is this for.And what do you ph for coco.thnx

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
5.2 was rockin huh? I have always considered trying it that low but pussy out. 5.2 in the UC or a different system?

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

Nice discussion DS, haven't been around much myself, nice to come back to some thought provoking reads :) +rep

PrefersHam

PrefersHam

It's my understanding that as a plant gives up an H+ for a nutrient cation the concentration of H+ ions increases thus lowering the pH.
And as the plant exchanges an H+ for an anion the concentration goes down thus increasing pH.

I could be wrong.

thats awesome someone actually knows the plant process +1 mrbong

G

gettogro

pHrange.jpg

According to this chart P and Mg are un available at a ph below 5.8
There are a bunch of Hydro Ph charts who is right?

164561d1313744949t-perfect-ph-11083phnutrcombo2.gif.att

:sign0065:

T

TheIronLung317

Honestly I just play with organic soil. In this case Roots Organic. From my perspective ; I prefer to target my ph at 6.7. I get the best result from this PH. I don't bother with checking my run off from organics since my girls are looking excellent. If you look at the ph break down. 6.7 seems to be at a great marker. Many folks recommend 6.5 for soil, but between 6.5 and 7.0 is the best choice!

G

gettogro

thanks for that helpful post. That should work well in a undercurrent.

QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

Im gonna have to say that I got better results with a 5.5 to 6.2 swing throughout the whole grow... Ill never go below 5.5 again that black and white chart fails to mention you will have a water uptake problem at low ph levels.

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

pHrange.jpg

According to this chart P and Mg are un available at a ph below 5.8
There are a bunch of Hydro Ph charts who is right?

164561d1313744949t-perfect-ph-11083phnutrcombo2.gif.att

:sign0065:

Yeah the difference between the two charts is what initially prompted me to post this thread. I personally trust the white chart more for several reasons.

First it is an AG industry standard, and found in many text books and published articles where as the colored one is only from a Cannabis source which can almost never be trusted. Also i have used it for years and my experience correlates with the numbers shown.

I am open to differing points of view on the matter however. What do you think?

Top Bottom