Perfect Stealth Dryer

• Thread starter Madbud
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Madbud

Madbud

The old gas grill! Cleaned the old rusted crap out, cleaned up the firebox and viola, dark enclosure with decent airflow disguised with an empty gas cylinder. And a rack for hanging. Playing around now with sun and shade

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

that box is going to get way way to hot if the sun hits it in any way I see mine go up to 130-150f on a good day

hope the best that 0 bugs find there way to your harvest or some sticky fingers

Madbud

Madbud

Thanks Tin, infrared thermometer reads 100° plus on the outside lid but buds stay below 90 even in direct sunlight. First run of seven or eight days was too dry but was out of town. Thinking two-four days then into the jars til labor day.
Live free and high

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

wow we that is hot what the RH with that heat id say u about right with the 2-4 days
do u leave all the water leafs on

u really want a nice slow dry

Madbud

Madbud

Pulled most leaves for the butter bag. Just a quick trim before the jars.

MW7945

MW7945

If you threw it in your garage or something I could see it being okay. That being said, I'd personally be slightly worried about the bud taking on some of the smell/flavor of the grill

B

Burned Haze

50% humidity , 75f and constant airflow that isn't touching the buds or plants while drying and try to make it as optimal dark as possible. Light and Inproper drying/curling kills the whole process (look at a potato chip:taste like shit if let out even for a few hours )

*After drying( right before the stem snaps)
Burp the jars starting at 2hrs and go down 30min every 3-5 days (takes me 15-21 days) then and I'm at 62-3%(use a digi humidity to confirm) humidity and then the bud cure for 1-6 months ( depending on many factors and whatcha wanna do )

Like wine/Booz or cigars , cureing/processing is 30%-50% of the art or end result. Anyone can produce a grape but few get $1000 a bottle

Last edited by a moderator:
Madbud

Madbud

It works ok. Couple hours afternoon sun is the only direct light. The other night was 90% humidity with a dewpoint of 72 and they stayed dry. Ghetto all the way

IMG 2159

Latest posts

Top Bottom