Perlite Bucket thread -Dizzle get in here..

• Thread starter Lost
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

Lost

Ok, so I have some perlite buckets going and I know dizzle does. Mine are 60/40 but I want to do some 100% perlite. The thing is that these suckers dry out pretty quick.

Dizzle, what are your thoughts on the top feed with the perlite. I hate the idea of it as you have probablly guessed for MPB, but I do not see the crown staying moise nuff without at least a 5 min 5 times a day drip. Maybe even low volume 24/7.

What are your thoughts diz?

E

easypleasie

Hey bro, maybe you can add a chow mix plant in there for comparison?

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

i think its a mix of Coco and Hydroton. Looks like wet Dog food when mixed up

E

easypleasie

Yup, just a mix of coco and hydroton. I'm experimenting with a 50/50 mix and about an inch or so of solution at the bottom like a hempy bucket. I watered my white fire twice a day and it seemed more than adequate. I think more waterings help with faster growth so I might try a higher mix of hydroton on another run. My veg girls do seem to be growing a bit faster in the mix than with just straight coco. I have a few different veg mixes that i'm trying out to see which one does best.

S

socalsinner

Yup, just a mix of coco and hydroton. I'm experimenting with a 50/50 mix and about an inch or so of solution at the bottom like a hempy bucket. I watered my white fire twice a day and it seemed more than adequate. I think more waterings help with faster growth so I might try a higher mix of hydroton on another run. My veg girls do seem to be growing a bit faster in the mix than with just straight coco. I have a few different veg mixes that i'm trying out to see which one does best.

I use the 50 50 mix of big chunks perlite and coco fiber for my moms. IMHO I dont think you can compare the amount of expansion those roots have in grodan as compared to a 50 50 with big chunks and coco fiber. Maybe 75 percent big chunks and 25 percent fiber would be perfect....

M

mrdizzle

I would shoot janus a PM, but I know he waters with 1-2gph drippers, 4 per plant, 24/7 And it doesnt sound like he even considers root rot as a problem

I think the crown with never really stay moist, but I think you could water for 2mins every hour and do really well, set it up hempy style with a small mini res, I ran hempy's for a year and rot was never even a protental

600gph

600gph

Wondering if you guys could give a little more details...

I am actually starting a flat garden and would like to try and keep the numbers low....

Thinking 8 5 gallon HD buckets in 4x8 trays with your mixes..If not being watered 24/7 I assume your running drain to waste..Maybe to much waste???

Any pics???

Coco nutes????

Do you use a chiller???

thanks

mc

L

Lost

Diz, do you see a potiental for the top feed to add substansial yield? I am really trying to figure out what to test, top feed methods or some type of a lava mini res with sprayers on top pointing down on the floating roots. The humidity on the top of teh bukkit and the floating roots always seem to be the start of problems..

M

MediMary

soo lost, is it all perlite in a coco pot?
i have never used coco pots.. they dont break down over time?

600gph

600gph

Hommie, if your not using a chiller at this point in the game then ye know not what ye do!

Hommie,

I know exactly what you do....Running 18 mpb buckets with a 2 ton jbj...

Calm down man...Just looking for some info on the new buckets you guys are talking about....

mc

B

bdakind

Chillers in my experience are necessary but I do know someone who has been doing bubble ponds for a couple of years with zero problems. He has does not even know what root rot is... How, I have no idea.

M

mrdizzle

how did the perlite stack up in your opinion. Im hoping 2 plants will make up for one in the MPB, Im going with 16plants vs ^ plant, so actually almost 3 plants=MPB

Im adding a touch of coco thou, I want a little water retention

L

Lost

soo lost, is it all perlite in a coco pot?
i have never used coco pots.. they dont break down over time?

No, they are great. I only use them once tho.. So far I have a bunch in a 60/40 mix (perlire/coco)

L

Lost

Hommie,

I know exactly what you do....Running 18 mpb buckets with a 2 ton jbj...

Calm down man...Just looking for some info on the new buckets you guys are talking about....

mc

Sorry, i gues sit came out wrong, but yes, i have 2 chillers, :)

Top Bottom