permit nearing approval

• Thread starter alpine dank
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
alpine dank

alpine dank

O.K. the day is actually getting near for me to get things rolling and was just wanting to post here to see what fellow farmers think of my proposed setup. Please keep in mind that I am very open to ideas and feedback. I will also be keeping and posting various grow logs as this progresses.

This is going to be a vertical PVC hydro turning into aero system. The space I will be utilizing is a plumbed steamroom (marble walls not wood) that is approximately 15 feet in length by 36" wide to the first step and approx. 6 feet wide total. The ceiling is 12'.

Am gonna have 6 foot 4" pvc pipe with wye joints at 10" centers (6 plants per tube). The pipes will be spaced at 16" centers side by side (sound like too large a gap or too small??). For every three tubes, will have a 550 gph pump for the nute solution. When I start making the switch to aero, this will change to a 1500gph pump for every two tubes to keep the misters working. Was planning on FoxFarm trio hydro formula along with some general hydroponics floranectar. For lighting am gonna use 2 hydrofarm xtrasun 1000 watt convertible ballasts with hortilux super hps bulbs. These will be stacked and will have 1 stack for every 4 pvc tubes (24 plants). Was thinking about mounting on a motor and rail, but am still undecided on that (if not will probably need more light?). Will have a 2x2 support system in place once it is needed to support the plants. Will also have 6" ductwork for exhaust airflow.
Will have a 6"fan bringing fresh air into grow area from inside the building as outside air temp will be below freezing. In summer, I will have air pumped in from outside.

Please feel free to critique at will especially with suggestions. FYI this will be taking place at about 8900 feet elevation with a relative outside humidity of about 25-30% average. Average outdoor temp will be below freezing for next 4/5 months.

Thanks for taking a look and can't wait to pop those beans. Oh and gonna start em in 1" cubes and transfer to 4"pots with clay pellets. Will be starting with lethal purple and boss hog (jack herrer x the hog). Also have a few various other beans.

R

Rolln J

I have a hard time visualizing these vertical setups - never done one, but I find them fascinating - so Im hoping pix are coming to this thread soon - good luck on your grow!

sky high

sky high

yes....pics would be nice. I think I understand what you're doing tho.

If you find the room temp air isn't cool enough to keep your space at optimal temps, search for a Grozone fan controller (or a quantum) that will speed up/slow down acording to a preset temp/fan speed ratio and tap this cold rocky mountain air for some natural A/C.

You might also investigate the Drip clean product from house and garden nutes. this product works very well in my drip/Waterfarm rings to keep em flowing. before I started using it I was constantly having to take the ring off and smack it on the floor to knock the mineral deposits out so it would drip again.

good luck!

s h

alpine dank

alpine dank

thanks guys. yes pics will be nice and I should have them shortly. The County had many issues with our original space, so we have had to reconsider things a bit, but things are moving along now with a new space so shouldn't be too long now.

I have never done this type of grow myself and that is the reasoning for this thread. Hopefully, there are some farmers out there that have actually used this type of grow before.

J

Jalisco Kid

Look for heath robinson's grows he is a pro at it. He is no longer posting here, maybe you can google him. He was last at planet ganja. I know there is a web site that has other websites catched, you might get lucky and see his last grow there. He is the king of verticle growing. He had his plants it looked like on 18"centers at 45*. suerte JK

alpine dank

alpine dank

Thanks Jalisco. Did as told and googled heath robinson and wow. Looks like he was/is a definite authority on vertical grows... thanks for the name. Only problem now is that H.R.'s grow journals are making me rethink stuff yet again lol. Guess i'll just have to re-medicate and let my relaxed mind and body figure something out.

E

easypleasie

lol Heath has that affect on people. Get's your mind thinking about all kind of contraptions. He's put in the time so if you base off his work, you'll be just fine. There's plenty of info on his setups floating around the web. One of his most impressive is the flooded tubes using 4" pvc :) Looks like the inside of a rocket capsule lol

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Heath is the man when it comes to the vert setups..

Tex

Top Bottom