Perpetual grow flushing

• Thread starter TREEFARMER
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

TREEFARMER

Hi all,

Another question. I want to do a perpetual grow ( harvest one/plant one ) in an ebb and flow system. I am very limited on space and only have 1 3ft x 5ft grow area.

I was thinking that when it came time to flush and finish, I could put a 2 gallon bucket full of water in the tub and install air pump. or big tupperware container and put into the tub with the others that are still getting nutes. This will keep the two seperate.

Will this work or is there a better way?

thanks

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Hi all,

Another question. I want to do a perpetual grow ( harvest one/plant one ) in an ebb and flow system. I am very limited on space and only have 1 3ft x 5ft grow area.

I was thinking that when it came time to flush and finish, I could put a 2 gallon bucket full of water in the tub and install air pump. or big tupperware container and put into the tub with the others that are still getting nutes. This will keep the two seperate.

Will this work or is there a better way?

thanks

I'm a little confused, you are describing a DWC system and yes you idea would work if you can access that inter container to check PH during the flush. Ebb & Flow does not work like that.

explain a bit more and I'll help best I can.

jj

T

TREEFARMER

I have one grow tub ( ebb and flow) that is 3 ft by 5 ft.

I want to put either a bucket or big tupperware container inside the grow tub. Sides of bucket will be higher than ebb and flow water heigth.

Bucket will hold just plain water and finishing plants will go in them with a air bubbler and just sit in water for a week.

Thanks

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter

I want to put either a bucket or big tupperware container inside the grow tub. Sides of bucket will be higher than ebb and flow water heigth.

Bucket will hold just plain water and finishing plants will go in them with a air bubbler and just sit in water for a week.

Thanks

plants grow basically 2 types of roots (water or air). These roots have developed very specific methods of transporting nutes and water. Going from an E&F (air) to a DWC (water) at this stage would not work well, sorry just my ho. How big is your resv., just curious?

trying to understand your design,

jj

T

TREEFARMER

I am going to try and put them in shallow water about 1 inch. They are almost finished anyway.

K

Kushtard

It would work. However you will have a huge mess going from rockwool or hydrton net pot to a dwc. After eight weeks of flower that will be an interesting challenge to get those root s managable.

T

TREEFARMER

Seem to be working

So far so good, I left them in the hydroton buckets ( 8 inch round with open mesh) and add water daily to keep the water level at about 2 inches. also have a an airstone going.

peace

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
So far so good, I left them in the hydroton buckets ( 8 inch round with open mesh) and add water daily to keep the water level at about 2 inches. also have a an airstone going.

peace

glad its worked out for ya Treefarmer, good job.

jj

H

HighTolerance

Thanks

I was thinking in advance and thought about the same situation for my ebb n flow, my solution is same as yours put another bucket in the tray and put the plans to be flushed in there.

Top Bottom