Perpetual Growers Please Help

• Thread starter mmmdankbuds420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mmmdankbuds420

mmmdankbuds420

I'm setting up my first perpetual system. I feel I have a fairly solid plan. Every two weeks I'm gonna start 4 plants. I'm making sure I get 8 week flowerers to stay within my time frames, and space allowance. I have a room dedicated to veg and possibly mother and cloning and I have a room for flowering. In the veg I plan on either using t5s or 400 watt. Still debating in another thread, any input on this would be beneficial as well. And in the flowering room Im going to have 4 1000's, possibly 5 if the four isn't enough but I'm confidant that since the plants fresh out of veg won't take up as much room as more flowered plants will then I'm hoping it will just be comfortably snugg.
Basically I'm just looking for tips and any problems a first timer might run into. any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks guys

connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

I have always run my room this way, makes the harvest easier to deal with...

4 plants every 2 weeks?

does this mean u have 4 per light if u have 4 1k?
veg for how long? 2 months on that schedule it looks to be

I don't think you are going to fill all those lights unless u veg. for longer time depending on the strain I guess.

there's no way I could veg for only 2 months and fill a light with only 4 plants. even blue dream I use 6-8 plants minimum. most strains 9-12 plants.

different strains make timing near impossible unless they are similar growth structure. I turn lights on as I can fill them

just some thoughts hope it helped.

V

vino

veg for how long? 2 months on that schedule it looks to be

I don't think you are going to fill all those lights unless u veg. for longer time depending on the strain I guess.

there's no way I could veg for only 2 months and fill a light with only 4 plants. even blue dream I use 6-8 plants minimum. most strains 9-12 plants.

different strains make timing near impossible unless they are similar growth structure. I turn lights on as I can fill them

just some thoughts hope it helped.

do you mean weeks or months? if i vegged my bluedream for 2 months id only fit - bluedream per 1k. i veg bluedream for 3 weeks indoor and right now week 3 flower they are 6ft tall. imagine vegging for 2 months.

ttystikk

ttystikk

This is a four way perpetual schedule; you'll have four bloom stages, each more or less under its own thouie. It you're trying to fill a 4x4' footprint, I think you'll do fine with either the 400W MH or 8 x 4' T5 for the final pre bloom veg. For the stages leading up to it, you'll need more lighting. Take your veg staffing as seriously as your bloom staying. Consider a 15 or 16 day schedule to give yourself time for cleaning, crop rotation, more blooming time.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

I have to agree with 420 here, with that style of perpetual I would do WAY more plants. Adds a little extra work to your cloning process but shortens veg time.

TheTommyK

TheTommyK

I have run 12 plants every 2 week's perpetually, and have recently changed to 24 every month. I used to run 2 400mh. I could never get the quantity or over the top quality. I have recently changed one of the 400MH to a 600hps. Next week I will sample the quality, but there is definitely an increase in the quantity. Strongly suggest as much hps light as can be balanced in the rooms environment.

The Borg can be devastating. I'm keeping them at bay with a seamaiden s home brew of rosemary alcohol and soap.....

mmmdankbuds420

mmmdankbuds420

Conno420 - I have actually decided 2 weeks ago to do 8 plants a month instead of 4 plants twice a month. Less work and less confusion when it comes to nutes. Less stages of flowering growth. The plants i had previously i just kept veggimg so while half are at 2 weeks the other half are at 4 weeks. I am only on my second grow but my first was rather impressive. Ten plants between 2 1000 watt lights was stuffed, about a 10x4 Space. I top my plants heavily and i do a lot of topping supercropping and LST training to open up my plants. 6-8 plants per 1000 is definetly not an option for me And 9-12 is way way out of question . 4-6 oz per plant with my supercropping techniques. You veg for 2 months? Not saying my way is better or anything, i simply only know my way and so far so good. Could you explain a little more?

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Sounds like you're doing very well with you setup...

Generally with a small perpetual setup I see people doing single bud SOG growing. So per light I would be doing 20-30 plants

mmmdankbuds420

mmmdankbuds420

Don't get me wrong, I've tried hard to consider all aspects of growing but I am only allowed 15 plants and my wife 15 plants as allowed by RCW69.51A. If I didn't have to worry about plant limit I wouldn't have grass in my lawn. Haha. I know it would be nice to crop out with nothin but main cola nugs!! =)

ttystikk

ttystikk

I have run 12 plants every 2 week's perpetually, and have recently changed to 24 every month. I used to run 2 400mh. I could never get the quantity or over the top quality. I have recently changed one of the 400MH to a 600hps. Next week I will sample the quality, but there is definitely an increase in the quantity. Strongly suggest as much hps light as can be balanced in the rooms environment.

The Borg can be devastating. I'm keeping them at bay with a seamaiden s home brew of rosemary alcohol and soap.....

Switch up with Azamax, it's OMRI listed and has better persistence.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Don't get me wrong, I've tried hard to consider all aspects of growing but I am only allowed 15 plants and my wife 15 plants as allowed by RCW69.51A. If I didn't have to worry about plant limit I wouldn't have grass in my lawn. Haha. I know it would be nice to crop out with nothin but main cola nugs!! =)

You can easily do this by running small batches at a time, but lots of batches.

connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

Conno420 - I have actually decided 2 weeks ago to do 8 plants a month instead of 4 plants twice a month. Less work and less confusion when it comes to nutes. Less stages of flowering growth. The plants i had previously i just kept veggimg so while half are at 2 weeks the other half are at 4 weeks. I am only on my second grow but my first was rather impressive. Ten plants between 2 1000 watt lights was stuffed, about a 10x4 Space. I top my plants heavily and i do a lot of topping supercropping and LST training to open up my plants. 6-8 plants per 1000 is definetly not an option for me And 9-12 is way way out of question . 4-6 oz per plant with my supercropping techniques. You veg for 2 months? Not saying my way is better or anything, i simply only know my way and so far so good. Could you explain a little more?

I top and super crop also but I usully over veg a tad and chop back all but the best colas. my veg times are always a bit on the slower side but most strains I run do need about 2 month veg time.

10x4 is under using those 1k lights tho imo. I run 6x6 - 5x5 it makes sense that u would fill up faster. when the space is smaller I turn down my digi ballasts

ttystikk

ttystikk

I top and super crop also but I usully over veg a tad and chop back all but the best colas. my veg times are always a bit on the slower side but most strains I run do need about 2 month veg time.

10x4 is under using those 1k lights tho imo. I run 6x6 - 5x5 it makes sense that u would fill up faster. when the space is smaller I turn down my digi ballasts

All this is good advice, but try to never dim your bulb. It really hurts spectrum as well as impacting bulb life. Overdriving ('super lumens' or similar) an HPS with a digital ballast is better for it than running it under its rated output.

mmmdankbuds420

mmmdankbuds420

O man that would be a headache Lol. One plant every three days. i guess once you had your schedule down to a T it would be nice and hopefully run like a well oiled machine. Definitely not gonna talk down on that but i dont think i got the skills to keep up with that one.

connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

All this is good advice, but try to never dim your bulb. It really hurts spectrum as well as impacting bulb life. Overdriving ('super lumens' or similar) an HPS with a digital ballast is better for it than running it under its rated output.
I was aware of the spectrum change, but didn't know it hurts the bulbs. I buy ushio which are made for digital ballast so I thought it was okay. on the contrary I also thought super lumens hurt them lol I have done both ways and I just stick with 1k now

ttystikk

ttystikk

O man that would be a headache Lol. One plant every three days. i guess once you had your schedule down to a T it would be nice and hopefully run like a well oiled machine. Definitely not gonna talk down on that but i dont think i got the skills to keep up with that one.

Nonono- you still run a cycle, a 4 way perpetual runs 14 to 16 day cycle, for instance.

Top Bottom