Perpetual Growing, Vegging and Flipping.

• Thread starter Chobble
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Chobble

Chobble

Alright, As some of you may know I've moved indoors. Im working on my game plan for my perpetual, rather then running all of the plants at one time. I have a tighty IPM practice along with a separate but small veg area. As I add an ozonator onto my room, along with a few other new toys (Bigger fans :3) I want to make my room even more efficient.

So I thought I would post here, because well lets face it most of the growers here are constantly innovating and improving there methods.

Now, I have been taking rather immature clones giving them a week to root in 4" pots then moving them under the HPS for two weeks of veg before flipping the whole room to flower. This wastes time, space, well they all equal money so you get the picture.

Firstly, I'm playing with the idea of moving the well rooted 2 week+ old clones in 4" (16's) pots straight to flower, where they will be placed into 2.5G cloth grow bags. The logic behind this is that my kush varieties stretch 3 feet if I dont monitor the light levels closely. The roots shoot out of the pots and go willy nilly in the trays. What if I tried to reduce the stretch and hope the plant would put more effort into rooting as it has ample room. (The reduced veg time should reduce stretch too, hopefully)

Secondly, Rather then letting the clones get close to root bound, I can set up a 4x4 tent with a 600w metal halide. To allow the plants to root in the bags for 2 weeks before moving them to the flower area. This would require getting the tent thats about it, It would increase my efficiency and set me on a 2 week schedule. It would also use more power, create more heat etc.

I thought this would trigger a good discussion feel free to add whatever you like, comment or criticize ;)

Chobble

KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

Well if you have the ability to buy a tent I would first invest in a portable a if you do not already have on as a good tent will cost just under a decent ac will but I would also agree with getting the tent for vegg this is what I do I use a 5'1" x 5'1" tent from sunhut its the 4x4 xl with a 4x4 flood table and 3" rockwool cubes this will all sit in my vacuum room just outside my 15x15 sealed room with 24 ebb n flo buckets moving 6 every two weeks hope this helps

KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

Why exactly would that require 3 rooms I started with two tents and now work with two rooms and get the same result

KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

Ya i have 4k in flower and a 2k veggies room! in the veggies room i can clone have my fresh rooted plants and my advanced veggies then i have my flower room and who would ever flower and vegg in the same room without a barrier?????? that is just amature and bad advice all together if you did this your flowers will herm or just not flower at all due to the two light cycles mixing. Perhaps I am miss understanding what you are saying would you like to elaborate a little more please

KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

You can do the same thing in two rooms you just have to start them at different time's

KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

You are not making any sense first you say three rooms now you say one vegg and vegg in the flower room after that you need to do some homework cuz it sounds like you a going way more complex than needed and as for space between the plants that is also nonsense and bad information or Scroggins and other similar techniques would not work and if you look at the date on my old post and my thread now I am way beyond a 5th and 24 I have nothing more to say about this other than agree to disagree

Jboys3

Jboys3

I use the perpetual method and have been doing so for quite awhile. I use two rooms. one veg and one bloom. I clone from my plants as they are transferred from the veg room to the bloom room and have any where from 4-7 strains in play.

Veg Room:
Clones for 2-4 weeks.
Red cups under T4's for two weeks.
6" pots under 1000w MH light for 2 weeks.
15 gallon cloth pots under 1000w MH lights for two weeks.
---I use three trays for the veg room. 2-4'x4's and 1-4'x8'.

Bloom Room:
4-4'x8' trays under 1000w HPS lights for 64 days staggered every two weeks.

Thus I have a crop ready for harvest every two weeks...

Top Bottom