perpetual harvest ! sbxg13 ... lacon ... kushberry

• Thread starter desertmedgrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

desertmedgrower

Hey there guys, first post on the farmer

I've been lurking picking up good tips and watching awesome logs from many growers on this site ever since I picked up my med card :)

Anyways, wanted to catch you guys up on my first med grow:

I'm running a perpetual harvest throwing 4 -12 new plants into flower every 3 weeks using different methods each time. Hopefully I'll figure out really soon what I like doing the most.

Under the first 1000w (now at day 40 in flower) I am going with a 1x1meter scrog w/ 5 DNA kushberry clones using using foxfarm Oceanforest /perlite for the medium:

for nutes I planned on starting w/ Pureblend pro (veg and bloom) Foxfarm big bloom at flower and some brewed earthjuice bloom to finish her off. If it sounds familiar it's because this is what BOG recommended running years ago.

Under the second 1000w (now at day 11 in flower) I am running 2 DNA La Con and 2 SourBubbleXsomesortofG13 using roots organic 707 soil blend, and the general organics line of products (go box). I topped both the sbxg13 and super cropped both LA Cons:

All in all it has been a great learning experience, I got some clones and seedlings ready to go in coco for the next 1000w : Enjoy the pics and please post any comments anything you can to help me out ;)

Perpetual harvest  sbxg13  lacon  kushberry
Perpetual harvest  sbxg13  lacon  kushberry 2
Perpetual harvest  sbxg13  lacon  kushberry 3
D

desertmedgrower

As we progress into the veg state I switched to HPS instead of the 1000W MH per the urging of a fellow grower.

First time I ever did a scrog on anything bigger than a 400 w hps.. not gonna use the plastic netting next time I do a scrog

IMG 0512
IMG 0530
D

desertmedgrower

So... after about 3 weeks of vegging the already established Kushberries I was gifted.... I flipped into 12/12 after taking a good amount of clones from the underneath of the plant ;) They weren't gonna get light anyways hehe

IMG 0552
IMG 0565
IMG 0571
D

desertmedgrower

Just a couple more pics of the canopy and the buds as I reached into the first couple weeks of flower.

I decided to let them stretch through the screen the final week of flower to try and form a thicker canopy since I am using 1000w over the top of them

IMG 0576
IMG 0578
IMG 0579
IMG 0582
D

desertmedgrower

Awesome... looks like lots of my posts are getting approved here. Awesome mods... I'll keep the updates rolling while I can then ;)

So here is a tent I had in veg with a 1000w HPS in it (just linked it on to the ventilation I had running in my adjacent grow) Basically just bushing them up a little to clone and see what I'm gonna run in the next cycle. There's some La confidential, Juicy Fruit, Cordelia (Sour bubble X g13/yumboldt) , Williams Wonder, and a couple Kushberry mommas ;)

Also not pictured I popped 6 seeds of some Chemdog D Bx3 right around this time as well as some Long Bottom Leaf (SanFernandoValley OG X Jacks Cleaner 2) . Unfortunately only 2 of the Long bottom popped, had a couple mutants as well. I have 3 healthy Chemdog D's that popped and put on growth instantaneously.

At this point in time I made the decision to switch to roots organic so I made the trip to the hydro store and picked some up. Couldn't take the crawlies in the FFoF, they were keeping me up at night. Got a tip from someone to add the fox farm microbe brew and keep Diatemaceous earth around the top and the bottom of the pots. Trying to keep it nice and pesticide free you know? Still haven't really seen but 1 or 2 random insects the whole time and got a sample of SNS 203 ready to go just in case the FFoF really does start to kick me in the balls.

Dr.Dankz

Dr.Dankz

Looks like your killing it. Keep doing what your doing.

D

desertmedgrower

These are the pics that I thought I uploaded last time lol.

Cordelia is the big one with the thick indica leaves on the left... got a couple LA Conf's in there, a Golden Pineapple (thx Kal) and the JF as well as the Williams Wonder

By the way, thanks!

IMG062
IMG066
IMG 0583
D

desertmedgrower

Hey guys... heres some pics of around day 40-45 on the Kushberry Scrog

IMG102
IMG104
IMG107
IMG110
D

desertmedgrower

This is a picture of the La Confidentials and Cordelias in flower

I topped both the Cordelias (the taller ones in back) and the frosty lady pictured:

I supercropped both the LA's:

So far have only really hit them with CalMag from the GO box and fox farm big bloom

Enjoy

IMG 0610
IMG 0611
D

desertmedgrower

I added a 3rd light this past weekend now that I am at day 52 of Kushberry and day 22 of the LA Con and Cord. Under the light I am flowering 2 Williams Wonders, 2 Cordelia, 2 Golden Pineapple and 5 Chemdog Bx3 !!

Maintaining daytime temps of 79 degrees f, with 51 % humidity now that I have added the 3rd light.

At this point I am wondering if I should add a fourth light to the room or be happy with the nice environment I have created with the 3 I have going...

D

djfloms

I had the same thought as you.... i added the 4th light and then had my perpetual every 2 weeks now. Makes a huge difference, but the heat level in my room went up by 2 degrees and humidity climbed a bit too. So, try it, you will like the fact that you can have a harvest every 2 weeks.

D

desertmedgrower

Yah... with the 3 lights I'm looking at a harvest every 3 weeks or so. I guess the other predicament I am finding myself in is not enough good plants ready to go every 2 weeks. Need to work on a better veg room and/ or get some more plants from someone ;)

D

desertmedgrower

Went ahead and took one of the plants showing 50/50 cloudy / amber:

Manicured and waiting to dry ;)

IMG126
D

desertmedgrower

So here are some pics from the first plant that I harvested... took about 4.5 days from harvest to dry up while hanging and in paper bags... and off they go into mason jars

This pheno was a short finisher (58 days). All of my other kushberries are looking like they will run in the 63-70 days range

This stuff smells fantastic and stimulates the appetite wonderfully. Highly recommended ;)

IMG127
IMG130
C

caperfarmer902

wow, they look nice my friend, looking forward for a smoke report on them badboys!!!

D

desertmedgrower

Quick smoke report of the 58 day pheno:

Lemony scent with fuely and skunky undertones when you break into the nug or smoke it. The high has done wonders for my appetite which is a major plus for me. I have some master kush and some other pretty good flavors on me... but I'm having trouble smoking anything but the kushberry ;(

I can't believe I grew stuff this good and there is more room for improvement ;)

Anyways, here is another plant I am going to chop.. this one went 64 days before showing 50/50 cloudy and amber

IMG144
D

desertmedgrower

here's a couple bud pics from some of the kushberry

been busy lately... messing around w/ some stuff.... behind on getting the next veg cycle started and switched out some reflectors and bulbs.. I'm now running the AN badass bulb on the raptor hood and a digilux bulb on a great white side by side

Also am starting to realign some things and have started to put up panda film...

IMG181
IMG182
IMG185
IMG187
Top Bottom