Perpetual, permanent, perennial grow diary... 🙃

• Thread starter lenhug
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

To power a 4x4 or 5x5 you really should look at the gravita, mammoth, ugh I hate to say it one of the Spyder farm multi bar systems. I love my 4 panels but one rig is better.
The clown will agree.

lenhug

lenhug

Thanks, I was actually looking at Mammoth but will have a look at Gravita also. Spider Farm is on the list, basically due to the @Captspaulding but I dunno man, not as keen for some reason?!

What about Grand Master, any knowledge of them?

They seem to get good write ups but as with all growing equipment you really have to separate the wheat from the chaff and bullshit reviews to get to what you want and trust to buy.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
Thanks, I was actually looking at Mammoth but will have a look at Gravita also. Spider Farm is on the list, basically due to the @Captspaulding but I dunno man, not as keen for some reason?!

What about Grand Master, any knowledge of them?

They seem to get good write ups but as with all growing equipment you really have to separate the wheat from the chaff and bullshit reviews to get to what you want and trust to buy.
Not too familiar with them homie. I’ve ran Phlizon vipar mats and spiderfarmer gear the last 7-8 years. I’ll check it out…..👊🏻🤡

lenhug

lenhug

So last night I took the germinated seeds out and popped them in their pellets and then in to the propagator.

One slight mishap, the God Particle had actually sprouted and it went in root up which I didn't really fully clock when I did it. Cue lying in bed later and was like, wait a minute, that's not a good thing is it? Couldn't get it out my head so got up, went downstairs, carefully (god I hope so) dug it out and turned it over, root down. Pray for her! 🙏

20240311 193537

20240311 212824

20240311 213025

One qu, do you think the lights are too close once they show their faces? I can raise them with a middle part the same height (not shown) so would be less intense?

lenhug

lenhug

They're not hanging about.

2 (late last night, top left):
20240313 225141

3 (this morning, bottom left):
20240314 091743

And the 4th has just peeked out, top right.

So that's #1, 2, 3 & 4 accounted for. Hurry up #5, come join the party! 🙃

For ref:
1. Speedrun: God Particle (Indica leaning hybrid)
2. Mephisto: Aunt Ginny's Elixir (CBD:THC)
3. NightOwl: Zamadelica Express (Wild Sativa)
4. Twisted Trees: Lemon OG (50/50 hybrid)
5. Mephisto: Pinot Noir (65/35 hybrid)

lenhug

lenhug

As for the new light, after much reading and investigation going to go with this light (I think!):

@Greenjourneyman
@Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
As for the new light, after much reading and investigation going to go with this light (I think!):

@Greenjourneyman
@Captspaulding
That’s a nice friggin light!
Gonna be rad to see when you get it installed
👊🏻🤡

Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

Let me just say I wish I had your budget setting up. Th dehydrator, this light, you got some toys man. Really good pick that should last you 10,000 hours. I’ve always liked my panels. But maybe ask for a Xmas update for myself.
Keep growing man!

IMG 0771
lenhug

lenhug

Let me just say I wish I had your budget setting up. Th dehydrator, this light, you got some toys man. Really good pick that should last you 10,000 hours. I’ve always liked my panels. But maybe ask for a Xmas update for myself.
Keep growing man!

Thanks man. I appreciate I am very, very lucky to be able to get this setup and tbh I have been saving some spare cash for quite a while so thought why not treat myself big time as I am all in! Like you say, should last a looooong time.

But also it means naught if I can't grow for shit which is why I have much to learn from yourself, the Capt and all the other knowledgeable heads on here.

p.s. I think you definitely deserve a Xmas update!

lenhug

lenhug

So, qu. I put the seeds in to the jiffy pellets on night of Mar 11th, so let's call it 5 days today. 4/5 are now well up and on to their first proper set of leaves. The Pinot Noir is having none of it though. Will post a pic later.

How long should I leave it before accepting its fate and trying another? I'm thinking probably another 5 days maybe? Just never had a seed not sprout within this time period before. Showing my naivety/impatience probably but had to ask.

Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

Hey man,
So that’s a good question, normally I would say toss it. But the last batch of my own seeds I put in the ground really needed full dark. Cover it with cardboard or something if on movement in 72 hours it’s a dud.

lenhug

lenhug

Ok, so that Pinot Noir is having none of it so out with the old and in with the new, sort of. Have put my last seed of that to germinate overnight and hopefully we'll get a better result second time around. You can't win 'em all though and have enough others to try if that one doesn't come out to play.

In other news...the new tent arrived! I had to get the wife to help me put it together as it's so big, she's a good 'un! 😄 🥰

20240318 202042

And the four ladies are coming along well (day 9), think I'm going to have to raise the propagator lights very shortly (like tonight or tomorrow) but worried they might stretch a bit much (and maybe have a little already...eek!) Suppose increase the intensity slightly might help with that, maybe?

Any advice here gratefully received.

20240319 194043

Yes, #4 had a little accident we try not to speak about, hence the bend. 😬 She's a trooper though and will be fine I'm sure.

Would like to get them in to their big pots sooner rather than later so just need some of the extra tent stuff to arrive and to transfer the old light over which I'll use till new one arrives in April. Should be fine whilst they're small.

Last edited:
lenhug

lenhug

Thanks man, appreciate the advice.

They're actually only 4/5 days from sprouting but 10 from sticking seeds in water. That age old conundrum of when do you start counting from...lol?! 😉

I'm gonna measure the PPFD of the propagator light and then can make a better, more informed decision on what to do with it till they get transplanted. Aiming for between 100 - 300 I think.

lenhug

lenhug

Ok, just gave them some more water and I've got roots bursting out of 3/4 of the jiffy pellets. Should I be transplanting them now or still ok to let them go till get another set of leaves (or more) arrive?

Top Bottom