Perpetual, permanent, perennial grow diary... 🙃

• Thread starter lenhug
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
lenhug

lenhug

@Greenjourneyman

Yeh, sounds good, I'm just being impatient. It's landed in LA now so hopefully tomorrow if I'm lucky. It was you who put me on to Mammoth (thanks again!) so pretty excited about it.

I got the fancy heater on Saturday as well so need to plug all that in. Hoping it'll flatten out the peaks and troughs from the oil radiator (which to be fair has been excellent) as well as free up some space inside. It should also react accordingly to keep my VPD where I want it. I best go read the instructions before I f@ck it all up! 😄

lenhug

lenhug

Somebody hold me! 😄 🥳

Last edited:
lenhug

lenhug

Plugged the new T3 heater in and immediately seeing a tighter range which obviously has a positive domino effect on humidity and VPD. Gone from a 3.7F range (peak to trough) with the oil radiator over 30mins (as it switches on/off and the heat builds then dissipates) to a 0.6F range over just 1/2minutes. Nice, v nice. 🙃

I've got it set to try and hit a VPD level (1.2kpa currently in flower which is on the lower end of the scale but higher humidity here at the moment means I'm not keen on increasing it, and subsequently the temp, too much in the tent) but not sure that is the best way to go about it. Lots of differing opinions abound on the web as always. Maybe I should be setting a temp target and then working from there to hit the VPD? Setting a VPD target has caused the temp to be higher (up to 78/79' at times from around 74') but I think this is ok for now. As long as your hit the VPD you want that is sort of irrelevant, within reason of course!

Anyway, more discovery and learning to do as I go. I'm going to post in the thread about the heater and ask other owners advice, I'll link to it here as well.

Last edited:
lenhug

lenhug

The humidity is my problem really, I can't naturally get it down to 40-50% (see monthly averages below) which I want for flowering. Looks like I may need to buy a dehumidifier, anyone got any suggestions for an in tent one? It has to be able to run when powered on so can plug it in to the controller as it'll be a straight on/off command.

lenhug

lenhug

Anyway, more discovery and learning to do as I go. I'm going to post in the thread about the heater and ask other owners advice, I'll link to it here as well.

lenhug

lenhug

And then, earlier in the afternoon I transplanted the Pineapple Skunk photo in to her big new home (up to her neck @Greenjourneyman ! 😉) for the outdoor season and gave her a bit of afternoon sunshine. Was going to wait a few more days but she was ready to go I think. Plan to keep outside all day then inside for first few nights till she acclimatises to her new home and grows a bit more. Then she'll be outdoor 24/7.

20240514 161733

20240514 161749

I'm trying to find the best spot in the garden and I think I've worked out a place with all morning sunshine, shaded for the hottest lunchtime/early afternoon sun then back in it for the late afternoon/evening. Hopefully a nice balance. Really looking forward to this adventure. 🙃

Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

The humidity is my problem really, I can't naturally get it down to 40-50% (see monthly averages below) which I want for flowering. Looks like I may need to buy a dehumidifier, anyone got any suggestions for an in tent one? It has to be able to run when powered on so can plug it in to the controller as it'll be a straight on/off command.

View attachment 2171167

Hey man,
It can be really frustrating chasing that perfect VPD. It can also drive you a little mad. I would advise try to keep yourself within 20% of the optimal range, the plants will definitely tell you when th humidity is too much or the heat spikes of the normal range. Sadly we don’t have full labs to control every variable we’re blokes with tents in the basement and garage. Just don’t beat yourself up over straying outside the crayon line.

Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

And then, earlier in the afternoon I transplanted the Pineapple Skunk photo in to her big new home (up to her neck @Greenjourneyman ! 😉) for the outdoor season and gave her a bit of afternoon sunshine. Was going to wait a few more days but she was ready to go I think. Plan to keep outside all day then inside for first few nights till she acclimatises to her new home and grows a bit more. Then she'll be outdoor 24/7.

View attachment 2171481

View attachment 2171482

I'm trying to find the best spot in the garden and I think I've worked out a place with all morning sunshine, shaded for the hottest lunchtime/early afternoon sun then back in it for the late afternoon/evening. Hopefully a nice balance. Really looking forward to this adventure. 🙃

Totally sweet you decided to go with an outdoor photo it is a very fun adventure. Make sure the rodents and deer down get at it. Also super cute on size there, mine are always a foot or two going outside. I’m really interested to see how big it gets under your radiant Cali sun. Also if it pops make you can try your hand at pollen chucking.

lenhug

lenhug

Ooooo SHIT! That’s awesome! It’s arrived. Very fun man you’ll have to slap up a pic once it’s in place.

Here you go, some install pics and now motoring away, you can really see that magical, mystery mint white in the last pic. I even took the opportunity to vac and clean up the inside as the ladies were sat out during the changeover, so so satisfying. 😄

I love it already! 🙃

20240516 201130

20240516 201143

20240516 201149

20240516 201157

lenhug

lenhug

Hey man,
It can be really frustrating chasing that perfect VPD. It can also drive you a little mad. I would advise try to keep yourself within 20% of the optimal range, the plants will definitely tell you when th humidity is too much or the heat spikes of the normal range. Sadly we don’t have full labs to control every variable we’re blokes with tents in the basement and garage. Just don’t beat yourself up over straying outside the crayon line.

As always, you are spot on. Always be led by your plants. I'm just wanting to at least get them in to the right window for, in this case, flowering. I'm definitely not micro managing numbers related to a chart, my brain is full of enough rubbish as it is...lol! So I'm there or thereabouts already. Just need to sort that bloody humidity out tbh but might have to leave that also and see what happens.

lenhug

lenhug

Totally sweet you decided to go with an outdoor photo it is a very fun adventure. Make sure the rodents and deer down get at it. Also super cute on size there, mine are always a foot or two going outside. I’m really interested to see how big it gets under your radiant Cali sun. Also if it pops make you can try your hand at pollen chucking.

Yeh, I can't wait. She's definitely not big enough to go outside yet but had to transplant from the jiffy pellet. Which has led me to thinking that I need to move on to cups/pots for my seedlings now. It's definitely one of my many weak spots and not got a proper handle on yet. I'll grow her out a bit more then let her outside.

Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

Lol, me neither, you can blame @Greenjourneyman for that! He put me on to them after much searching.
Dude,
I’m sooooo glad you didn’t buy a Mars Farmer Spyder Hyrdo nonsense light. That mammoth will serve you really well for years to come. Also looking very sharp in the tent, plants seem to love it.

Top Bottom