Perpetual Sea Of Green

• Thread starter artcore
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

artcore

I have three mums almost ready to give their first cuts but as I never grow clones I have some doubts to clarify.

Bought perfect pots for SOG but had a "problem", they just had 3.5L or 6L... 3.5L is to small so I bought the 6 liter.

Cropper_Capture_11.png

Diameter 16cn
Height 37cm

I think that 6 liters is to much, can I fill the pot bottom with 1L clay pebbles or perlite?... will I have problems with diseases, fungus or insects because of that?

Since I have no experience with cuts/clones I decided to do a test, took 20 cuts while pruning plants 2 weeks into bloom, applied scarification, clonex gel inside jiffy7 and 12 days later had roots in 20 cuts :D

The jiffys were transplanted into 500ml pots with light mix and they are still under T5s, I do not need these clones, they will be given to a partner and will bloom outdoor.

Had 100% rate in the test but I still have some doubts for the next cuts and the beginning of my perpetual sog.

After rooted will veg for two weeks under t5s, which pot should I use these two weeks?... (before transplanting to 5 or 6 liters pots) I have two options, 500ml and 1L.

Should I veg more before bloom?

Last edited:
coloradoBTC

coloradoBTC

If its perpetual sog shoot for no veg time at all, you are filling the room with pots, not trained branches! the clones won't even flower until they get sexually mature, well a few might but usually the rooted clone will veg under 12/12 (unrooted cuttings WILL flower under 12/12)

for your next round of cuts you could top each clone but if you stuffed the pots in there it would get crazy tight with 2-4 colas coming out of each

A

artcore

My mums are bonsais and do not give enough cuts to fill my bloom cab, 3 mums under 3 T5 24w 60cm each. With no veg time what is the recommended pot size?...hps400w dual

lemons

lemons

Skrrt. Parking here anticipating some noteworthy info. Good thread!

coloradoBTC

coloradoBTC

My mums are bonsais and do not give enough cuts to fill my bloom cab, 3 mums under 3 T5 24w 60cm each. With no veg time what is the recommended pot size?...hps400w dual

you don't need mothers, just make a clone from each sog plant by snipping off their top right before flower. your 6l pots will do just fine, putting rocks in the bottom is a good idea too

A

artcore

is a good idea but it seems to me that takes much work lol... would have to have plants in various bloom stages in the flowering cab, plants with different height... or else would have to take one clone 2 weeks into flower and veg it for 6 weeks until harvest the "mother".

What I have seen with sog clones and no veg time is using small bottles/party cups, 50 or 100 clones with 5/8g yield each

My goal is one harvest every 2 months, is more than enough for my medical needs... my plan is to take the clones 25 days before harvesting the plants in the bloom cab, 10 days to root and 15 days veg, my 3 mums just need to produce 6 cuts each every 2 months, will choose four clones of each 6... so 12 plants every two months.

I started my mothers only with two T5 24w but they were growing to slowly so I had to add one more, now the growth is perfect to get 6 good clones every 2 months and still have time to prune the roots and keep them small and healthy.

Just do not know well which pots size use, not worth having 6 liters of dirt for a small root mass...

lemons

lemons

Do you lst your mom and take your cuts from the main stems? I love training sativas and am thinking about finally keeping a mom and trying that out.

A

artcore

Do you lst your mom and take your cuts from the main stems? I love training sativas and am thinking about finally keeping a mom and trying that out.

I'm following the "OT1 Guide to bonsai mums", topped after second node to stay with 4 main stems, lst in the 4 main stems to make them grow horizontally and topped again after the third node... my older mom is a Royal Queen Critical with 52 days and is only 14cm tall, now she's sleeping but later I'll take some pics.

A

artcore

My older mom, 52 days, will not keep it, never seen this plant flowering, it was chosen between 15 beans because the short space between nodes, I have the other 14, 3 or 4 weeks into bloom and I have two perfect plants for single cola, one sativa and one indica pheno, will take a couple cuts to keep this phenos.

1 2 4 3

Latest posts

Top Bottom