Perpetual SOG-gery with Fromunda and related foolishness

• Thread starter Fromunda506
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Fromunda506

Fromunda506

What’s up farmers? Now that I have my last harvest down and drying, time to reset and go again.
Perpetual sog gery with fromunda and related foolishness
Don’t like my limited amount of flowering space to sit idle for more than a few days. Everything cleaned and sterilized. Added a full-coverage tray that I use for drainage. It sits on the floraflex saucers and is drilled out to drain directly into them. No modification required. Just drop in and rock the SOG. Currently running 2x spiderfarmer SF2000’s is this space. 6” 450 cfm exhaust with an 18” charcoal filter. Bypassing the filter for now. Here is the whole space, looking half switched on an empty AF…need to fix that
Perpetual sog gery with fromunda and related foolishness 3

This will be one of 2 flowering spaces I will be running for this fun. Second one isn’t set up yet. They are both basically 30“ x 48“. Once upon a time, I had a pretty decent collection of strains that I had curated/collected over the years. Lost pretty well all of them when I had flu in 2020 and have had long-flu since. Have just been growing for a little fun and personal since then and I am finally back at it in earnest this year. Will be using this project to test a bunch of strains. Also I sed to do a little strain testing and consulting for a couple small commercial outfits run by old friends. One of them along with a new much larger outfit have circled back, so this project will be for fun and with a directed purpose. Not every great strain is a great commercial strain. Either you have to take the time to find them or you just grow/sell what everyone else does. Wisely, these folks are choosing the road less traveled.

Basically, the plan is to drop in 4-6 new girls every couple weeks. One space’s environment will be geared to early flower up through mid. The other will be for later flower and finishing. Everything will be based on a 12 week rotation, even though many of these ladies will finish in 9. Should give them some extra breathing room once it gets loaded up.

Everyone is running in 2-gallon bags of coco/perlite (70/30). Bags are only 7” wide but are 12” deep. Veg for at least a couple weeks in those to get their roots pushed all the way to the bottom and then top aggressively. For this to be a good test, these ladies need nice big root systems pushing limited tops. 4 tops on each girl, at least for now, and basically no side branching allowed. Looking to see who puts up tops that are worth hanging onto for further testing on yield, etc.

The first 4 girls dropped in yesterday, because they were starting to takeoff and I didn’t want to let them get much bigger. They are (Jamaican kings bread x platinum kush) x platinum kush. From a friend in Mass that does a bit of seed breeding. Have gotten some fire from him before, so let’s see. 2 males already turned up from 6. We will see if these 4 are ladies or if there are still any dudes hiding. The 2 that showed showed super early, so I’m optimistic but by no means certain these are chicks.
Perpetual sog gery with fromunda and related foolishness 2

These 2 will be going in in a couple days.
Perpetual sog gery with fromunda and related foolishness 4
Were all going to go together, but I had to prune these pretty aggressively to get the branch structure I wanted and giving them a couple days more to snap back. Front is a sacred princess #11 from @Trustfall. Back is a cut of RS-11 from @ImpulsiveGrower. Thank you very much gentlemen. Have some clones and tester seeds from both of these guys coming down the pike. These grape gas ibx testers from @ImpulsiveGrower are coming on strong and it won’t be long before they get to go to the dance.
Perpetual sog gery with fromunda and related foolishness 5

These are okie x Tokyo snow babies that just popped a day and a half ago from @Trustfall.
Perpetual sog gery with fromunda and related foolishness 6

Also grabbed a couple strains in clone form from @HighChiefClones that I used to have. looking forward to seeing how they stack up compared to the ones I used to have. The Malawi gold and Durban I used to keep were both amazing head smoke.
Perpetual sog gery with fromunda and related foolishness 7

Will be seeing lots of gear in this journal offered by the fine folks around here along with stuff I’ve gathered up from all manner of random places. Should be fun.

If you made it this far reading, you probably have some shit to do, like growing some weed. Comments, questions, criticism, dirty jokes and about any other words are pretty welcome. Let’s dance. Cheers

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
What’s up farmers? Now that I have my last harvest down and drying, time to reset and go again. View attachment 1317298Don’t like my limited amount of flowering space to sit idle for more than a few days. Everything cleaned and sterilized. Added a full-coverage tray that I use for drainage. It sits on the floraflex saucers and is drilled out to drain directly into them. No modification required. Just drop in and rock the SOG. Currently running 2x spiderfarmer SF2000’s is this space. 6” 450 cfm exhaust with an 18” charcoal filter. Bypassing the filter for now. Here is the whole space, looking half switched on an empty AF…need to fix thatView attachment 1317304

This will be one of 2 flowering spaces I will be running for this fun. Second one isn’t set up yet. They are both basically 30“ x 48“. Once upon a time, I had a pretty decent collection of strains that I had curated/collected over the years. Lost pretty well all of them when I had flu in 2020 and have had long-flu since. Have just been growing for a little fun and personal since then and I am finally back at it in earnest this year. Will be using this project to test a bunch of strains. Also I sed to do a little strain testing and consulting for a couple small commercial outfits run by old friends. One of them along with a new much larger outfit have circled back, so this project will be for fun and with a directed purpose. Not every great strain is a great commercial strain. Either you have to take the time to find them or you just grow/sell what everyone else does. Wisely, these folks are choosing the road less traveled.

Basically, the plan is to drop in 4-6 new girls every couple weeks. One space’s environment will be geared to early flower up through mid. The other will be for later flower and finishing. Everything will be based on a 12 week rotation, even though many of these ladies will finish in 9. Should give them some extra breathing room once it gets loaded up.

Everyone is running in 2-gallon bags of coco/perlite (70/30). Bags are only 7” wide but are 12” deep. Veg for at least a couple weeks in those to get their roots pushed all the way to the bottom and then top aggressively. For this to be a good test, these ladies need nice big root systems pushing limited tops. 4 tops on each girl, at least for now, and basically no side branching allowed. Looking to see who puts up tops that are worth hanging onto for further testing on yield, etc.

The first 4 girls dropped in yesterday, because they were starting to takeoff and I didn’t want to let them get much bigger. They are (Jamaican kings bread x platinum kush) x platinum kush. From a friend in Mass that does a bit of seed breeding. Have gotten some fire from him before, so let’s see. 2 males already turned up from 6. We will see if these 4 are ladies or if there are still any dudes hiding. The 2 that showed showed super early, so I’m optimistic but by no means certain these are chicks. View attachment 1317300
These 2 will be going in in a couple days. View attachment 1317306Were all going to go together, but I had to prune these pretty aggressively to get the branch structure I wanted and giving them a couple days more to snap back. Front is a sacred princess #11 from @Trustfall. Back is a cut of RS-11 from @ImpulsiveGrower. Thank you very much gentlemen. Have some clones and tester seeds from both of these guys coming down the pike. These grape gas ibx testers from @ImpulsiveGrower are coming on strong and it won’t be long before they get to go to the dance. View attachment 1317307
These are okie x Tokyo snow babies that just popped a day and a half ago from @Trustfall.
View attachment 1317308
Also grabbed a couple strains in clone form from @HighChiefClones that I used to have. looking forward to seeing how they stack up compared to the ones I used to have. The Malawi gold and Durban I used to keep were both amazing head smoke. View attachment 1317310

Will be seeing lots of gear in this journal offered by the fine folks around here along with stuff I’ve gathered up from all manner of random places. Should be fun.

If you made it this far reading, you probably have some shit to do, like growing some weed. Comments, questions, criticism, dirty jokes and about any other words are pretty welcome. Let’s dance. Cheers
The man has a plan....love it........It sounds like a nice line up, it'll be fun watching them grow....

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Hey, I'll tell you what's been working well for me lately is to take cuttings right at flip or just before from any and or all of the plants I want to recycle. Once the donor mothers are done... 2 months later....I've plants ready to go into flower that have vegged for 2 months. I then take more cuttings or add new seeds to the bunch and continue the cycle.

Its letting me get away with 2 and 1/2 spaces one for the cuttings 1 to veg and 1 to flower, until I bite off more than I can chew by having too many in a small space, I can keep 6 well, 9 ify......more than that they all get fked equally......

Fromunda506

Fromunda506

Now we all get to see how that plan interacts with reality
Hey, I'll tell you what's been working well for me lately is to take cuttings right at flip or just before from any and or all of the plants I want to recycle. Once the donor mothers are done... 2 months later....I've plants ready to go into flower that have vegged for 2 months. I then take more cuttings or add new seeds to the bunch and continue the cycle.

Its letting me get away with 2 and 1/2 spaces one for the cuttings 1 to veg and 1 to flower, until I bite off more than I can chew by having too many in a small space, I can keep 6 well, 9 ify......more than that they all get fked equally......
That is really similar to how I used to run. Keep that flower room cooking. Most of these will not get rerun for now unless I feel like they didn’t get a fair shot because of something I did (or didn’t do). The prospective keepers will get pulled aside and once I have a few, I will run them in larger format with more individual attention and see what they really got...and there is a 100% chance I will bite off more than I can chew at some point.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Now we all get to see how that plan interacts with reality

That is really similar to how I used to run. Keep that flower room cooking. Most of these will not get rerun for now unless I feel like they didn’t get a fair shot because of something I did (or didn’t do). The prospective keepers will get pulled aside and once I have a few, I will run them in larger format with more individual attention and see what they really got...and there is a 100% chance I will bite off more than I can chew at some point.
Yep I need / want 6....I just transplanted 9 from solo to 1 gal......I just can't throw a good plant away....GG# 4 would you toss 1 of 2......not me...lol,,,,Gelato same...nope....3 AK47 need em all I guess.....2 Gsc,,,,,I can't throw any of them out....I have an attachment problem..

Fromunda506

Fromunda506

Yep I need / want 6....I just transplanted 9 from solo to 1 gal......I just can't throw a good plant away....GG# 4 would you toss 1 of 2......not me...lol,,,,Gelato same...nope....3 AK47 need em all I guess.....2 Gsc,,,,,I can't throw any of them out....I have an attachment problem..
I am the same way until I run them once. I am pretty ruthless about keeping plants after that though. They really have to show me something to justify taking up the real estate.

One of the reasons I like to run perpetual with a SOG is so I don’t have to veg up to refill both flowering spaces, or at least one of them, all at once. As long as I have 2-3 flights of 4-6 plants in the hopper, the project is being fed and I should be harvesting about 4-6 every couple weeks. A lot of these are testers so I presume finish time will be a little all over the place. Everyone should have plenty of time to go until they are ripe tho.

Fromunda506

Fromunda506

Good afternoon farmers. Hope your grows are treating you kind. Doing a short stint in trim jail tonight from my last harvest. This strain is called Sugarpants. It was a cross I made by a friend out west. This shit cuts through my tolerance like a bright light through fog. Heavy hitting stone with a really intense headband. It’s kind of just my jam.
AC65B909 ED83 47CA 85CA F14A587761F5

Onto the world of the living… these 4 little kings bread x platinum Kush testers are gettin it. Only 4 days of 12-12 for them.
1FBE4C45 7B00 485B 8B7B 71E67A33624A
#3 (the indica-ey looking one in the front right) is starting to catch my eye. Starting to bang out 9 finger leaves and get hungry. None of these showing sex yet, but I get chick vibes from her. Hopefully not getting catfished. Thanks for stopping by. Cheers

Fromunda506

Fromunda506

Seven days above ground on these Tokyo snow X Okie from @Trustfall. These little broads are pushing like they got something to prove.
0C865EF2 42CB 49C5 8197 8D6CB012B8FB

The grape gas IBX from @ImpulsiveGrower also getting it. They’ve been up for a couple weeks and will get topped and go in 2 gal bags as soon as the coco I am waiting for gets here. Miss upper left-hand corner tryna be a hero (don’t have their numbers memorized yet and forgot to look). got my eye on her already. Lower right is also very hungry. My experience with the hungry girl in the group has been pretty good. Taking care to give her a little extra feed and get her happy-ed up before they get up-potted.
AA7C5FB8 8D28 49A3 A223 9571AAB0C127

Go get faded if you ain’t…get more faded if you are. Cheers

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
Seven days above ground on these Tokyo snow X Okie from @Trustfall. These little broads are pushing like they got something to prove. View attachment 1319073

The grape gas IBX from @ImpulsiveGrower also getting it. They’ve been up for a couple weeks and will get topped and go in 2 gal bags as soon as the coco I am waiting for gets here. Miss upper left-hand corner tryna be a hero (don’t have their numbers memorized yet and forgot to look). got my eye on her already. Lower right is also very hungry. My experience with the hungry girl in the group has been pretty good. Taking care to give her a little extra feed and get her happy-ed up before they get up-potted. View attachment 1319074
Go get faded if you ain’t…get more faded if you are. Cheers
I have some killer ts x okie phenos. Surprisingly you will get phenos that smell like gmo. Tokyo snow I didn’t notice it but her makeup does have it and it shows in the offspring. Looking forward to this!

Fromunda506

Fromunda506

Afternoon farmers. The kings bread x PK just finished week one of 12–12.
04E05DAE A847 414D B9BB 9A1EA648D561
Pulled them out to check them this morning and snip some bottom leaves that were close to the media. #2 (back right) and #3 (front right) were showing me a few hairs. Pretty sure #1 (front left) flashed me some lady bits too 🫣. Pretty sure #4 (back left) is flopping out the nutsack, but will give it a couple days to confirm. Already hanging onto a male of this strain that I’m loving the looks of. This guys prolly taking the long walk to the compost pile. Don’t need any more dicks on the dance floor, and he’s a bit lanky. The couple ladies I would shack him up with are already pretty long-internode lanky girls.

At least for now, Thursday is going to be drop in day for flowering. Whoever is ready, get in the van. Otherwise, wait till next week.
B24F4249 6772 426F 9B4C 37C6CA0C91EB
Today, sacred princess #11 (back right-bred by @Trustfall ) and rs-11 (front right-ordered from @ImpulsiveGrower) joined the party. The rs-11 is a bit small, but the way she vegges, she’d be huge by next week. She’s just been cut back hard though. Her roots are already blowing out of the bottom of the bag. Should launch. If I think I needed to start her bigger once she’s finished, I will run her again tho. Flower is supposed to be top shelf. Would hate to have some more of it around. Lol That’s all for now kids. Keep on keeping on. Cheers.

Fromunda506

Fromunda506

Just broke out of trim jail. Knocked out about 20 zips in the last few days. Finished sorting flowers on the sugarpants. Went right at 12 zips in half of my 2.5’x4’ space under a 200w board that barely went past 80%. Even tho she ran with 30 tops in a 5 gal coco bag, she still busted some big ass terminal buds. A few hit 10 g. Most were in the 4–6 neighborhood. Broke off a chunk of one to test it before jarring them up. Happy Saturday 🫠
99C6E8C2 9D01 48BC 80F9 82D760658546

Fromunda506

Fromunda506

Welcome folks. Things are just getting rolling. Should be a fun time! Thinking next round of seeds to go in are going to be some yeti regs from acsb. I used to have a really good keeper of the strain that I lost and I am looking forward to hunting it again. The last one I had smelled like a tire that you set on fire with kerosene. Some really funky ass terps and burly bishes. I’m in…

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Welcome folks. Things are just getting rolling. Should be a fun time! Thinking next round of seeds to go in are going to be some yeti regs from acsb. I used to have a really good keeper of the strain that I lost and I am looking forward to hunting it again. The last one I had smelled like a tire that you set on fire with kerosene. Some really funky ass terps and burly bishes. I’m in…
Sounds horrifically delicious 🤣👍👍👍👍👍 I’m in lol

Fromunda506

Fromunda506

What up folks? The perpetual sog-gery is slowly getting rolling. The worst part of a perpetual run imo is the beginning. So hard to fight the urge to jam the space full of plants as quickly as possible. All in due time. There is a traffic jam in the veg tent getting ready to break loose though. At least nine plants in the veg tent will be ready to flower over the next couple weeks and then another seven behind them. Second space will be getting finished in the next week and will be needed!

Here are the 3 Jamaican kings bread x platinum kush x platinum kush.
B8214152 6A84 480A AAF8 DB13A1FDFF6A
Talked to the cat that bred these today. We settled on kings bread kush. I told him I’m not typing that shit out anymore. They finished week 2 today. #1 (center) and #2 (left) are still ripping out paired leaves and are showing a lot of the sativa parentage in their structure. #3 (right) is pushing out big fat indica leaves and has a stockier structure with less lateral stretch. All three started popping a few pistils in the last day or two.

This sacred princess #11 from @Trustfall finishes week 1 today (front).
61A819FF F332 40C0 914D E30498318C3E
Light level difference coming out of the veg tent got her hungry for phosphorus, but I’ve been pouring it on and she’s happy-ed up and getting cooking. The rs-11 behind her from @ImpulsiveGrower is one of the hungriest damn plants I have ever grown! Finally got her sorted with like 4 hits a day of mid-flower heat and she’s in week 1. If I have to mix up a separate batch of turbo soup for her, I will happily do so. I like the ones that eat.

Current family photo…still looking pretty empty at the party, but not for long.
4732B145 62AA 4D2F A297 C06463849B0C

Thanks for stopping by. Cheers

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Space becomes scare quick next thing you know you’re redirecting colas into a 4x4” area so it gets light 😂

Cant wait to see it lol, here for the ride!

Fromunda506

Fromunda506

Space becomes scare quick next thing you know you’re redirecting colas into a 4x4” area so it gets light 😂

Cant wait to see it lol, here for the ride!
No doubt. Once my veg tent empties out, it’s going to get busy!

Fromunda506

Fromunda506

Kings bread kush #3 pumping out 11-finger fans. Little over-lit, so I moved her off to the side a bit. Running this many different strains/phenos, everyone will have to make some sacrifices.
578EF220 413B 4A54 AFF0 8D78EB96D940
She’s a gorgeous little plant tho imo.
B0B0DAE5 EFC4 410F 81B3 070BECC8A794
Happy Saturday fools. Cheers

Top Bottom