Perpetual System (lighting for veg)

• Thread starter mmmdankbuds420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Perpetual system, Veg with T5 or 400

• Total voters
mmmdankbuds420

mmmdankbuds420

I've recently finished my first grow and am ready to start my first perpetual grow. I plan on vegging with a 400 watt. I will have 8 plants vegging at any on time once things are in full swing.
I know a lot of people doing perpetual systems use T5's in their veg room. I am skeptical of using T5's because I know if you flowered with a T5 you would have loose spindly buds, not what I want. This is why I'm hesitant to veg with T5's
Would a T5 promote less vegetative growth than a 400 watt?
Thanks a lot everybody! :)

P

paulycali

Metal halide bulbs would be your best best
The size of the T-5 system you will need will equal 400 watts easy
Stick with the 400w MH

sgt. schultz

sgt. schultz

I've recently finished my first grow and am ready to start my first perpetual grow. I plan on vegging with a 400 watt. I will have 8 plants vegging at any on time once things are in full swing.
I know a lot of people doing perpetual systems use T5's in their veg room. I am skeptical of using T5's because I know if you flowered with a T5 you would have loose spindly buds, not what I want. This is why I'm hesitant to veg with T5's
Would a T5 promote less vegetative growth than a 400 watt?
Thanks a lot everybody! :)
Depends on container size. 1st 3 or 4 weeks t-5's save power and heat. Then 400w. If different stages, 1 shelf t-5 rest 400w. This early in your journey, maybe less veg is good. You'll just need to cut it out later or be cursed trimming or tossing fluff.

Top Bottom