personal med grow question on lighting.

• Thread starter jeffadies
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Snow Crash

I'm working with a 6 mature plants OR 12 immature plants per person, and growing for two people but staying within the limits for just one this time around.

Smokestack23 is dead on. 600w systems are more light per watt, and the digitals are more efficient (magnetic ballasts pull about 10% more wattage). When you're working with weight limits then staggering your harvests by a few weeks is helpful. I have a dehydrator but I don't like to use it. If you're going to put all that time and effort into producing something reasonable then I think you're best producing as much as you can and collecting all the concentrates as possible.

Take a look into bubble hash. You can use all the extra buds, and the trim, from your harvest to process it into a very pure hash product. You can then incorporate that into butter or oil for cooking, lotion or alcohol for a rubbing compound (straight on the back), or just lay it down on your bowls.

Another option to reduce your final harvest weight (when dry) is to water cure your buds. You'll need to do some leg work on how to do the process, but it is simple, and it works. Took an ounce of bud down to about 20 grams for myself. The resulting product burns totally white, has little to no smell or flavor, and is ready to smoke about a day after the process.

I think that aiming for 60 to 80 grams per plant is pretty reasonable on a 400w 3 plant perpetual.

jeffadies

jeffadies

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
I have been doing some research on bubble hash and tinctures. never really tried either one but its worth a shot. Its so irritating that we have to spend all this time and money only to have to shrink our shit down..Im not sure how i will like tinctures and oils and all that jazz...IMO nothing compares to smokin a jay of some properly cured goods. How would you compare the bubble hash against smokin a jay? I do like the idea of not smoking all the plant matter but i do love the taste..not sure if the taste all comes from that or not..lol such an interesting plant.

Top Bottom