Personal Medical Grow in Coco. [Chem D, Grape Romulan, Grapefurit Haze, Casey Jones]

• Thread starter HighTolerance
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

HighTolerance

HighTolerance's Round 3 with
Chem Dawg D
Grape Romulan
Grapefruit Haze
Casey Jones

Lights: 600w Grolux + 430w Son Agro

Medium: Botanicare CocoGro (1.5 cu ft loose coco)

Nutes: Shiva A/B base, Cal-Mag, Roosts Excelurator, Bloombastic, Bud-XL, Great White, Silica Blast.

Feeding: Hand water, 1/4 - 1/2 strength nute mix every other day.

Post away fellows. I don't mind any criticism, in fact I like it, give me a great opportunity do research and expand my knowledge.

First two pics:
Casey Jones, fimmed as soon as the clone rooted. After 3 weeks the highest branches were fimmed. Now 4 weeks later in it bent under the screen.

2nd two pics:
This Casey was treated the same as above, except instead of screen to bend I used sticks with garden wire.

Last pic:
No training, 12 days of beg.

Personal medical grow in coco chem d grape romulan grapefurit haze casey jones
Personal medical grow in coco chem d grape romulan grapefurit haze casey jones 2
Personal medical grow in coco chem d grape romulan grapefurit haze casey jones 3
Personal medical grow in coco chem d grape romulan grapefurit haze casey jones 4
Personal medical grow in coco chem d grape romulan grapefurit haze casey jones 5
Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Nice lineup HT! :cool Looks like I've got a front row seat for the show this time... :movie

Hmmm, I guess the OG didn't make the cut... :wondering

H

HighTolerance

Nice lineup HT! :cool Looks like I've got a front row seat for the show this time... :movie

Yeah Shady is in the House. The grow has already been kicked up a notch.

Shady what kind of boosters does your CDS like. And around what time is good to start adding the PK booster.

Last two rounds I started the boost around day 21-25 and it became very difficult to maintain healthy leaves. This time I want to keep everything nice and green till the end.

I know you post your feedings in the updates, I was hoping to look at a Shady's Bloom Feed Chart. Even though your medium is hydroton, and mine is coco, I am mainly looking to get an idea of what time your introduce the boosters etc. Thanks Shady and sorry if I missed your grow schedule in your log.

Venom818

Venom818

O ok yeah im in the 818 bro cool i bet your going to blow these up.

H

HighTolerance

O ok yeah im in the 818 bro cool i bet your going to blow these up.

If things go as planned, you bet I am going to blow these up.

For this round I have my money on Grape Romulan, from the two pictures I have seen of Grape Rom, they look like the business.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Shady what kind of boosters does your CDS like. And around what time is good to start adding the PK booster.
No worries bud... In Round 3 I ran a modified version of GTD's recipe, for my hydro section, which is nearly indentical to the recipe posted by Useless:
Here is the formula I use...had it posted on another site...
One thing to note... I haven't had a feeding schedule set in stone since my first two rounds as each week I honestly look at the plants and determine what they're asking for... :giggle I know this might sound like some BS, but it's true... I've done many shady experiments to confirm nutrient deficiencies and toxicities. Lots of pH fluctuations, lockouts, etc... I figured the only way to understand their language was to screw them up a bit...

Also Useless and GTD's formula is geared toward larger plants and higher watts IMHO... so I had to tone down the PPM's to fit my grow room and small plants. Especially in veg under fluorescents. Bottom line, all my strains are typically 10 wk durations of bloom. I will use Hammerhead for the 2nd through the 7th or 8th wks, and in hydro, I'll cut the Hammerhead in half and use the MOAB as indicated by the quoted recipe... Be careful cuz MOAB is very strong. :itwasntme Less is usually More... Usually :D

P.S. Looks like I need to make a trip to the Valley... ;)

S

Socachi

Alright HT some Chemdog D, gonna love watchin this grow too. ;) Sad no OG though :( oh well at least I got a front row seat

H

HighTolerance

No worries bud... In Round 3 I ran a modified version of GTD's recipe, for my hydro section, which is nearly indentical to the recipe posted by Useless:

One thing to note... I haven't had a feeding schedule set in stone since my first two rounds as each week I honestly look at the plants and determine what they're asking for... :giggle I know this might sound like some BS, but it's true... I've done many shady experiments to confirm nutrient deficiencies and toxicities. Lots of pH fluctuations, lockouts, etc... I figured the only way to understand their language was to screw them up a bit...

Also Useless and GTD's formula is geared toward larger plants and higher watts IMHO... so I had to tone down the PPM's to fit my grow room and small plants. Especially in veg under fluorescents. Bottom line, all my strains are typically 10 wk durations of bloom. I will use Hammerhead for the 2nd through the 7th or 8th wks, and in hydro, I'll cut the Hammerhead in half and use the MOAB as indicated by the quoted recipe... Be careful cuz MOAB is very strong. :itwasntme Less is usually More... Usually :D

P.S. Looks like I need to make a trip to the Valley... ;)

Thank you Shady for the input brother really appreciate it.

So I did some reading from your link along with some more searches.

Let me just confirm the additives schedule with you, (all my strains are 10 weekers as well).

Bloom Day 8-49: 5mL/gal of Hammer Head
Bloom Day 49-60: 2.5mL/gal of Hammerhead along with 5mL/gal of MOAB.

How often do you feed great white. do you give injections or just add it to the nute mix.

Also when do you start the bud candy and how much do you use. I didn't know GTD and you used Bud Candy as I had read before that it was just sugars, which you could get from molasses. I am not saying that is the case, i just recalled reading that somewhere.

Sorry for drilling you mate.

There is so many routes to choose from. House and Garden which raider is doing and loving it, then there is GTD and you with hammerhead and moab. On top of that I got bloombastic and hydroplex on hand. WTF? What do I do?

I just don't wanna fuck with bushmaster, I kind of got scared when I read that use bushmaster as a replacement for MOAB if one cannot find it. But then again GTD suggests to use it 7-8th week. I am just scared after the OG accident.

My goal is to keep everything healthy till harvest. I know a lot of folks would suggest just going with bases for the entire grow, but I really wanna have PK boosters in the mix and still keep healthy.

Also I am concerned how well hammerhead/MOAB work in COCO. Any input on this matter would be terrific.

S

Socachi

HT doesn't H&G have some quality boosters that work in coco, shooting powder and top booster which is a 13/14?

I'm using hydroplex in wks 2-6 and Atom bomb a hydro's store version of Shooting powder in 7-8. They say 7-9 but I'm being cautious. Maybe I'll try 1 plant for 7-9 to see what happens.

I'm also looking into using H&G's line trying to get some sample nutes, rep agreed but store needs to place an order so it can be shipped.

H

HighTolerance

HT doesn't H&G have some quality boosters that work in coco, shooting powder and top booster which is a 13/14?

I'm using hydroplex in wks 2-6 and Atom bomb a hydro's store version of Shooting powder in 7-8. They say 7-9 but I'm being cautious. Maybe I'll try 1 plant for 7-9 to see what happens.

I'm also looking into using H&G's line trying to get some sample nutes, rep agreed but store needs to place an order so it can be shipped.

Thanks and Welcome to the new thread socachi, damn right you got the front row seat.

Yeah the H&G line seems most appealing at the moment as I know for sure it will work in coco without a problem, from looking at my Dawg Raiderfan's grow.

But then again GTD's formula should be very good, and since shady is on it, and getting crazy results, I cannot go wrong.

Oh well I will sleep on the boosters and think tomorrow morning.

BTW how does one get free samples from nute companies. Perhaps that could be the deciding factor for me.

S

Socachi

BTW how does one get free samples from nute companies. Perhaps that could be the deciding factor for me.

What I did was email them and say I wanted to do a comparison of their nutes against what I was using to see if they're as good as the hydro store said they are. Didn't want to spend the full amount to test either. Got the idea from another grower who uses H&G

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Thank you Shady for the input brother really appreciate it.

So I did some reading from your link along with some more searches.

Let me just confirm the additives schedule with you, (all my strains are 10 weekers as well).

Bloom Day 8-49: 5mL/gal of Hammer Head
Bloom Day 49-60: 2.5mL/gal of Hammerhead along with 5mL/gal of MOAB.

How often do you feed great white. do you give injections or just add it to the nute mix.

Also when do you start the bud candy and how much do you use. I didn't know GTD and you used Bud Candy as I had read before that it was just sugars, which you could get from molasses. I am not saying that is the case, i just recalled reading that somewhere.

Sorry for drilling you mate.

There is so many routes to choose from. House and Garden which raider is doing and loving it, then there is GTD and you with hammerhead and moab. On top of that I got bloombastic and hydroplex on hand. WTF? What do I do?

I just don't wanna fuck with bushmaster, I kind of got scared when I read that use bushmaster as a replacement for MOAB if one cannot find it. But then again GTD suggests to use it 7-8th week. I am just scared after the OG accident.

My goal is to keep everything healthy till harvest. I know a lot of folks would suggest just going with bases for the entire grow, but I really wanna have PK boosters in the mix and still keep healthy.

Also I am concerned how well hammerhead/MOAB work in COCO. Any input on this matter would be terrific.
No problem... As I mentioned I've modified their feeding regiment to fit my needs. I didn't add Great White or Bud Candy in Round 3 cuz I've been battling root aphids since... So I've added Dutch Master's Zone to my res. instead. This has helped kill the aphids and it will kill all beneficials in the res and medium, which is why I omitted the two products.

Also, Bud Candy creates large pH drifts in my res and I couldn't keep the pH stable for the one week I ran it with Great White, but I might try it again in the future by injecting the Great White and Bud Candy separately, but on the same day. For now, I use Great White and Bud Candy for my soil plants... :cool

BTW, GTD also uses CalMag with R/O if I'm not mistaken, which is very necessary with Coco and R/O due to the cation exchange capicity (CEC). He also uses FloraBlend...

H

HighTolerance

Alright HT some Chemdog D, gonna love watchin this grow too. ;) Sad no OG though :( oh well at least I got a front row seat

Yup OG didn't make the cut, but don't be too sad, a good chance I might be getting a new fresher OG cut.

What I did was email them and say I wanted to do a comparison of their nutes against what I was using to see if they're as good as the hydro store said they are. Didn't want to spend the full amount to test either. Got the idea from another grower who uses H&G

Sweet, thanks for sharing brother. I will definitely do that.

No problem... As I mentioned I've modified their feeding regiment to fit my needs. I didn't add Great White or Bud Candy in Round 3 cuz I've been battling root aphids since... So I've added Dutch Master's Zone to my res. instead. This has helped kill the aphids and it will kill all beneficials in the res and medium, which is why I omitted the two products.

Also, Bud Candy creates large pH drifts in my res and I couldn't keep the pH stable for the one week I ran it with Great White, but I might try it again in the future by injecting the Great White and Bud Candy separately, but on the same day. For now, I use Great White and Bud Candy for my soil plants... :cool

BTW, GTD also uses CalMag with R/O if I'm not mistaken, which is very necessary with Coco and R/O due to the cation exchange capicity (CEC). He also uses FloraBlend...

Thanks again for a detailed response Shady.

How much difference do you think not having the great white and bud candy in the mix made. I am wondering if a different sugar product might do better with keeping a stable pH. I have used Botanicare Sweet Grape, with a full organic line of nutes (Dutch Glory) in ebb n flow, I didn't need to use any pH up or down, I didn't even change the ressy for 4 weeks just kept topping with more water, and nutes directly in ressy. The pH kept stable, also the EC increase/decrease reflected the how much the plant ate.

Talking about that make me wanna just fork out the cash and run it, because the OG in that run was insane.

LOL, I should be the one mentioning CEC, and the necessary use of Cal/Mag with RO in coco. I am proud of you Shady, you are putting in work reading up on coco. Great timing for Shady's Round 5, Raider's Round 3, and Socachi's Round 2

H

HighTolerance

CJ Veg Day 44 / CD, GR, GFH Veg Day 16

FIMMED the CJs, most of the highest nodes.
FIMMED 2 Chem Ds
Super Cropped 1 Chemdog D
Left 1 as control
FIMMED both Grape Roms.
Fimmed the GFH

I think I might have gone a bit wild with FIMMING, I don't want to wait more than a week or at max a week and a half to start flowering.

I hope they can bounce back for the training.

Todays tea consisted of:

Shiva A/B @ 7 mL/gal
Cal-Mag @ 4 mL/gal
Roots Excelurator @ 1 mL/gal
Silica Blast @ 3 mL/gal
Great White @ 1 scoop/2gal
Molasses @ 8 mL/gal

IMG 3537
IMG 3531
IMG 3544
IMG 3536
IMG 3535