Pest/Neem Oil Help

• Thread starter LOGDOG420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LOGDOG420

LOGDOG420

Hi Everyone,

I am a first time grower here and would appreciate anyone’s feedback!!

Im on week two with my seedlings and as I was admiring the rapid growth, I noticed tiny little moving specs on the leaves. They were so small and reflective that I could not identify what they actually were.

I did a little research and decided to treat my seedlings with a Neem Oil solution that I picked up from Home Depot assuming they were some type of mite.

I waited until the lights turned off for the night and gave both of my seedlings a healthy spray-down and they rested for 6 hours before the lights turned back on.

That next morning, I discovered the tips of my lower set of “real” leaves had started curling up and turning brown. It seemed there was less bug movement though.

I thought maybe they were experiencing light burn so I raised my 600W LED and gave them a bit more time. Now almost 12 hours later, I’m noticing more browning on the tips and throughout all of my leaves with significantly more bug activity.

Is this the pests causing damage or is it the neem oil?

If it’s a pest, do I keep treating with neem oil? How often?

If it’s the neem oil, what should I be doing differently?
Pestneem oil help
Pestneem oil help 2

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Yea the concentration was too much, wash it off with plain water . Leaves are damaged and will wilt but new growth should come in clean. Wash daily to remove the heavy oil

LOGDOG420

LOGDOG420

Yea the concentration was too much, wash it off with plain water . Leaves are damaged and will wilt but new growth should come in clean. Wash daily to remove the heavy oil

thanks for the reply. The neem oil solution is only .9% neem oil. Is that still too much and how do I treat the bugs without it?

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

+1 lots of newbies burning the hell out there plants with neem oil recently

When the plant heals check out a product called safer soap, and theres quite a few other more effective products that won't fry your plants, good luck

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
+1 lots of newbies burning the hell out there plants with neem oil recently

When the plant heals check out a product called safer soap, and theres quite a few other more effective products that won't fry your plants, good luck
Dr.Bronners baby soap in conjunction with oils to emulsify the oil and soap because oil and water don't mix. Lots of air movement and no direct light until dry. With plants that small you can wash them off with sprayed water and wipe the leaves, mites crush easily, its the fking eggs they keep laying that make the infestation tricky to deal with.

Foutwenty71

Foutwenty71

Neem is an awful choice for weed....the oil never truly washes off so you cant use it on buds EVER...just the leaves....and it's really not very effective....just a heads up

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
The oil residues plus too wet and too small a plant is why it’s all wilted and burned up. Neem is safe , organic but as others have pointed out maybe a safer product like soap is a better choice. I use neem but I use it in veg and larger plants. It’s effective but have to be on it

beanboy

beanboy

I've been battling an aphid infestation for over a year now and after have spending too much $$ trying multiple solutions, what I found is with whatever you use, you have to keep at it with a treatment at least every three days. The very best by far for me has been a combination of foliar spraying with Dr. Zymes followed a few days later with a soil drench of Botanigard 22 WP

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I've been battling an aphid infestation for over a year now and after have spending too much $$ trying multiple solutions, what I found is with whatever you use, you have to keep at it with a treatment at least every three days. The very best by far for me has been a combination of foliar spraying with Dr. Zymes followed a few days later with a soil drench of Botanigard 22 WP

I took my indoor in veg 4 - 6ft plants ( long story) outside to hose off with water & a strong fine mist, then I shook the water off and let dry in the shade I then hit them with 30ml / liter Dr. Bronners soap & 30ml neem oil into a pressure sprayer and blasted each plant with 1 liter + then let dry in the shade. I did the same thing 2 days later then 2 days later I hit them again....a fkin pain in the ass but it got em all and harvested 4 clean monsters. .....Useless growing them indoors that big, the bottom 4 ft got lolly popped...

Top Bottom