Pesticide for spidermite during late flowering that won’t leave chemical taste in buds

• Thread starter Worldwomble
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Worldwomble

Worldwomble

Hi all
Im less than 2 weeks away from harvest and my plants have just started showing signs of spidermite.
I’d like to spray them now if possible before they reach plague proportions but I’m worried about the chemical showing up in the taste of the buds.
So far I have been recommended the two sprays in the pictures, but does anybody have any firsthand experience using these? Or a product I could use to flush the chemicals from the plant afterwards?
Pesticide for spidermite during late flowering that wont leave chemical taste in buds
Pesticide for spidermite during late flowering that wont leave chemical taste in buds 2
Pesticide for spidermite during late flowering that wont leave chemical taste in buds 3

Greenadian

Greenadian

Supporter
I would remove as many of the damaged nd infected leaves as possible. I know GNick55 uses and suggests alcohol mix 50/50 and most have great success. Maybe he will chime in, dont wanna speak for others!

LittleReed71

LittleReed71

You can look into ladybugs they work really well but you being that close to harvest. I wouldn't spray them with pesticides myself you can use this why in flower then do bud wash afterwards captain jacks dead bug works

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
mmmm last two weeks, so really you just need to maintain to harvest,.
as you’ll need to bud wash with a 3-5% strength mix of peroxide,, i would be maintaining/spraying with 6-7% peroxide strength, cover your medium,..
raise the humidity, crank on fans not directly on plants,..
i would have to test the 50/50 isopropyl mix in a specific area to see if there’s any reaction to trichomes before advising to use it this late in flower,..
i’d like to see plants and grow area,..

Fromunda506

Fromunda506

Zerotol (which is not for mites) actually does a decent job of knocking them down to get you through to harvest. It is safe to use up until harvest and no noticeable effect on flavor. Guess who had a grow get fucked by mites and savage pm at the same time.
IMG 0762

I pretty much avoid anything with oil in it once I have flowers on the plant that I am going to consume. It’s a bitch to get off with bud washing. Good luck. F bugs. Cheers

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Plain water,
Fill a 5 gallon bucket and submerge, during dark cycle, keep moving air when you stand them back up,
You need to agitate when dunking, do this every 3 days to deplete mite population, you will need to support every branch to achieve success with this method.

b8kd

b8kd

You can look into ladybugs they work really well but you being that close to harvest. I wouldn't spray them with pesticides myself you can use this why in flower then do bud wash afterwards captain jacks dead bug works
I’m personally using ladybugs right now. Have been for a couple months and they’ve stayed around. If you drop a pack of 1500 at the base right before lights out and you make sure to mist the plants with water, because they’ll be thirsty, they should crawl up the trunk and stay around and help a little. If you’re indoors this might help if you can keep them there for a week or so. They’re voracious little suckers. Just my two “newbie” cents.

N

Natep

Go to natures good guys web site. They have a control by pest section. It will tell you every bug and what bug eats it. Lady bugs are good for aphid control. I grow organic so it really works out because the beneficial bugs stay around. I highly recommend the special blend predator mites.

Latest posts

Top Bottom