Pesticide for spidermite during late flowering that won’t leave chemical taste in buds

• Thread starter Worldwomble
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Plain water,
Fill a 5 gallon bucket and submerge, during dark cycle, keep moving air when you stand them back up,
You need to agitate when dunking, do this every 3 days to deplete mite population, you will need to support every branch to achieve success with this method.
Or a garbage can if you need more room! I’ve left them submerged for 30 minutes with no ill effect!

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
Hi all
Im less than 2 weeks away from harvest and my plants have just started showing signs of spidermite.
I’d like to spray them now if possible before they reach plague proportions but I’m worried about the chemical showing up in the taste of the buds.
So far I have been recommended the two sprays in the pictures, but does anybody have any firsthand experience using these? Or a product I could use to flush the chemicals from the plant afterwards?View attachment 2115713View attachment 2115714View attachment 2115715
I would use predator insects, I don't spray buds. You would need to research which ones, good luck

Newty

Newty

Pro Products makes a spray called Provent a Mite, it's aimed toward reptiles and I've used it myself for ball pythons. You spary it directly on anything in a reptile enclosure, let it sit for awhile, and then it's safe to put your reptile back in without wiping or cleaning anything. It doesn't leave an odor, I wouldn't think a taste either since it's safe for reptiles. I've also heard of people using it for house plants so between that and being reptile safe, it might be safe for cannabis. I have a can, I'll have to look at an ingredient list and see what's actually in it.

Sunasun

Sunasun

Grow an herb with your herbs. They are natural pest repellents and they make your food taste better.. bonus.

Organikz

Organikz

There are products like lost coast plant therapy and green cleaner. The best you can do right now is stave them off. Keep temps as low as possible. It’s a little scary but try to hold humidity around 55. You can also make your own green cleaner. 2 ounces of orange peel oil and 1 tsp dr bronners peppermint soap. Always apply oil and surfactant right at lights out. If you apply with lights on it will toast them.

mancorn

mancorn

Your leaves show it’s gotten out of hand. At this point don’t use any oils or high concentration of alcohol. Home recipe for Lost Coast /gal is:

2 TBSP (soybean) oil
1 TBSP Castile soap (Dr Woods peppermint/tea tree soup)
1 TBSP ISO (.5oz) - ~0.5-1 oz./gallon
2 TBSP Hydrogen peroxide (1oz)
1 Tsp silica
.25g citric acid (1/16 Tsp)

In flower don’t use the oil (or CA). Without the oil, the spray will still kill the mites, but not the eggs, so have to repeat a few times. Then do a bud wash on harvest.

Edit: you’re sure it’s mites? Normally their damage is more uniform white dots. Your damage looks more concentrated which looks like thrips. Obviously if you see any webbing it’s mites and late into infestation.

Last edited:
Siz

Siz

You can spray a low ph water, say 4 pH and that will kill them. Follow up with a higher ph spray afterwards to balance it out.

S

SamSquatch

Hi all
Im less than 2 weeks away from harvest and my plants have just started showing signs of spidermite.
I’d like to spray them now if possible before they reach plague proportions but I’m worried about the chemical showing up in the taste of the buds.
So far I have been recommended the two sprays in the pictures, but does anybody have any firsthand experience using these? Or a product I could use to flush the chemicals from the plant afterwards?View attachment 2115713View attachment 2115714View attachment 2115715
Pick them off by hand. I would rather smoke a few bugs than pesticide.

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
Agromagen GrowSafe Bio-Pesticide. Works very well against spider mites, won't contaminate your plants with chemicals. All natural 100% Organic, OMRI approved, and safe to use from seed to harvest. Will leave a slight "deep fryer" smell to your plants but easily washes off with water. This is because the main ingredient is soy bean oil.

It's a little pricey, but it's safe and very effective. I've used this stuff for years now and it works every single time. Usually one treatment is all it takes, two to be safe.

I've also been recommending this to fellow THC Farmers for years now and never had a bad report. Everyone pretty much agrees this stuff is the "bee's-knees" 🤣 (ps it won't kill honeybees if you're using outdoors)

Good luck! 🤠

Top Bottom