Pests in coco need help !

• Thread starter Peso325
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
I have no idea what those are but I know I'll be checking my coco grow in not not long ☹
They are so tiny they would have been easy to miss.

Akabudz

Akabudz

They look like gnats, and have you got good drainage in those pots? They look like they are way over saturated and little to no drainage.

Peso325

Peso325

Do you know of anything I could put in the coco or water to kill them ?

greenscholar

greenscholar

Jesus... I don't know what the hell those are but I would use drzymes or nuke em as a soil drench

Bigk

Bigk

Hes pouring water on it duh ... lol

You need to dry it out and drench it with something that will kill those go to your local grow store they should be able to help you

Terpz719

Terpz719

Do you know of anything I could put in the coco or water to kill them ?
Looks like springtails to me... If you find something that works please post. I've got springtails now. Tried diatomaceous earth, then SMS 209 and 3% peroxide as drenches. None of those worked 100, and pissed off the plants. The good news is springtails (if that is what you have) are more of a nuisance, and don't harm the plants. Nonetheless, I'd prefer for them to be gone.

Stickyicky8

Stickyicky8

Use 30% H2O2 it just fine to use on plants it turns to water and oxygen enventually and your plant will thank you for the added oxygen. Or look into capillaries bennies he’s got a root pack that will work wonders

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Yup springtails. Almost nothing kills them but they are just a nuisance. They eat rotting organic matter. Actually beneficial but i couldnt stand seeing them. They always infest ocean forest here. They are common outdoors and come in for water sources. Leaks, wet basements amd of course gardens.

I switched to pro mix hp and with no added organic matter the springtails all left.

W

Whynames

How do I get rid of these ?
Okay so those are russet mites. Thats why your plants will look like your having nutrient problems. But its those fu**rs.. i hate them there are hard hard to get rid of my man

Top Bottom