Pests? When is it too late to treat

• Thread starter Brwnthmsdfce
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Brwnthmsdfce

Brwnthmsdfce

Hi guys I have a white widow in week 7/8 flower I was checking the trichomes today day foud this tiny bug, at one have clue,and how to treat?
Pests when is it too late to treat

BigCube

BigCube

Looks like it could be a thrip. Its definitely too late to spray anything on the plant. Look in to washing your buds post harvest. There are YouTube videos showing you how. The basic idea is you gently wash the flowers, not pressing on them or anything, but just gently move the flowers through the water.

Any insects, dead insects, insect shit (frass), dust, dirt, whatever, comes off, then you hang it to dry like normal.

I would personally assess the situation.
Its obviously not that bad of an infestation if this is the first you've noticed insects. Check the plant out, if it's just the odd one here and there.. dont even worry about it. Call it outdoor and put it out of your mind.

Can we get a shot of the entire plant?

Brwnthmsdfce

Brwnthmsdfce

Looks like it could be a thrip. Its definitely too late to spray anything on the plant. Look in to washing your buds post harvest. There are YouTube videos showing you how. The basic idea is you gently wash the flowers, not pressing on them or anything, but just gently move the flowers through the water.

Any insects, dead insects, insect shit (frass), dust, dirt, whatever, comes off, then you hang it to dry like normal.

I would personally assess the situation.
Its obviously not that bad of an infestation if this is the first you've noticed insects. Check the plant out, if it's just the odd one here and there.. dont even worry about it. Call it outdoor and put it out of your mind.

Can we get a shot of the entire plant?

BigCube

BigCube

Yeah, they look smokable 🤣

You got some burn, make sure you flush real good. As for the bugs, like I said, if you look over the plant and only see the odd one, dont worry about it. As any outdoor grower will tell you, a few little bugs wont kill you. Its inevitable outdoor.

As for now, control it via normal methods. Get some yellow sticky traps, let the soil dry more, clean up all your leaf litter. Insects are attracted to dead plant matter.

Good luck man!

B

Burned Haze

It’s never too late!
3-4th week early flower - end harvest ( use biocontrol )

biocontrol is a great solution and ultra safe , cheap per gallon , won’t hurt your pistils and never made my bud fail a pass on a test ( bloom/flower 3-4 week use biocontrol or stuff stated for use to be able on cannabis up to harvest)

biocontrol keep and repel the pest away and not make em resistant ( and even thrips) and will keep em at bay , so you can harvest. Next season ( use a few other pesticide with it and rotate with it as a IPM and never get bugs)

buying tip: the “xc” label vs the “cg” is way cheaper , it’s just labeling and exact same thing ( just labeled for cannabis )

In veg stage early flower 3-4th stage weeks of flower ( this stuff is way more concentrated than other brands, way better deal than captain jacks and so so forth , its 3.7ml a gal)

negative factor is limit per season and Ppe /safety vs a biocontrol . so I would I always recommend rotating with a biocontrol like stated above and few others ( fuck bugs )

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom