Pets on the Farm

• Thread starter Canappa
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Canappa

Canappa

Ok I know most of us have pets at home wanted a place to post pics. Here are my two Boston Terriers Lola on top and Luigi both 4 years old...
Pets on the farm

lino

lino

Dogs with those kinda ears make the best watch dogs. My big ol Rotty would lay and sleep while squirrels would intrude my garden but my pointy eared minPins would sound the alarm if there were problems on the property.

inthegorge

inthegorge

I am quite partial to GSD myself and Marco is gorgeous:-) I used to breed long haired shepherds and hope to again someday. Here is my Zeus, a rescue we found at a kill shelter in Pasco, WA about 6 years ago, but we also have a miniature toy Poodle, 3 cats, 2 parrots and a turtle. The turtle is the most mellow of the bunch I have to say:-)
Photo

Cort

Cort

My neighbor has a Shepard that is supposed to be pure.

Barks all the time because is he chained up all the time ( read bored) . I Frisbeed a bowl over the fence today and gave him 2 bowls of water.

I want to talk to the owners and see if they will let me adopt but they are of a different skin tone than I and have not seem so receptive to new * white * neighbors

inthegorge

inthegorge

That is very sad for a Shepherd:-( Either they have lots of drive and want to work or the time or they function well attached to their person or family.....never should they be chained up especially for any lengths of time....doubt they will receive your offer of adoption well but best of luck if you try! There is nothing like the loyalty of these wonderful creatures at least to me:-)

K

kolah

My neighbor has a Shepard that is supposed to be pure.

Barks all the time because is he chained up all the time ( read bored) . I Frisbeed a bowl over the fence today and gave him 2 bowls of water.

I want to talk to the owners and see if they will let me adopt but they are of a different skin tone than I and have not seem so receptive to new * white * neighbors

I've had German Shepherds my entire life (this guy is #4). GSD's are working dogs and family dogs, have a high drive and high pack instincts. They do not do well tied up, fenced in or confined to a house. They need a job and exercise. I'd have a serious talk with the neighbors and try to rectify the problem. I hate to hear stories like these and it;s all too common. There are no bad dogs...just bad owners.

on another note: It is said that GSD's are not great at anything but very good at many things...very versatile, a "Jack-of-all Trades, Master of None", lol. As much as I love GSD's, the most amazing dog I have ever seen was a Border Collie. She was super intelligent and highly athletic unlike any dog I have ever witnessed. It blew me away. OTOH I have seen some terrific mutt dogs as well.

Top Bottom