Ph-009 Ph Meter Tip

• Thread starter DrDankPHD
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

DrDankPHD

so I got sick of breaking 2 Hanna ph meters this week.

I had this cheap PH009 meter I got for 12 bucks in amazon. Doesn't really have notes to calibrate. Seems like 1 point calibration.

Other then being cheap I wanted to do diy how to use these cheap meter. Seems pretty durable.

Say u want your solution at ph 6.
Go use a calibrated blue lab meter and. Ph the solution to 6.

Then break out the ph009 and then stick in th solution turn the calibration screw on the back to 6.

So now u got easy cheap meter for ph all ur nutrients to ph 6.

One issue I find with these meter u calibrate with ph 4 powder. Well when u take measuremenT in ph 5.7 area really got lot errors.

But if u set at the ph u usually ph your nutrients to it works great.

One thing it's not water proof but works great.

I got Hanna meters and blue labs. They all break at some point. So I for ph my nuts I just use the cheap ph009 meter. And save The blue lab for checking run off or the ph in NFT res.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

If that's the elcheapo red or yellow 10.00 ones, dont waste your time. Those will last about 1 week. I went thru about 12 of them my 1st yr growing.

HM80 is the pen I use. I now own 3, one for each room.

D

DrDankPHD

If that's the elcheapo red or yellow 10.00 ones, dont waste your time. Those will last about 1 week. I went thru about 12 of them my 1st yr growing.

HM80 is the pen I use. I now own 3, one for each room.

I got 3 different cheap ones. I'll let u know how long they last.

Where did u get hm80. Want make sure it's not conterfit never know with cheap crap. U got a link?

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

https://www.ebay.com/p/HM-Digital-P...of-PH80-Solutions/2255646355?iid=253323314005

This is the one. As long as you clean and store properly, it should last many years.

Also 8 had a plant issue badly. My.elcheapo meter said 6.4. Really was 8.4. So use a couple meters to test.

I used to calibrate weekly. But as you get more familiar with what your starting ph is, and what you add changes it to this or that, ph pens sit in the corner. I know my bubbles tap is 7.3ph. .75ml ph down of the ph down stuff I use brings it to a sweet ass 6.4. I know what my additives do or dont change my ph.

Last edited:
Top Bottom