Ph And Ppm Both Rising

• Thread starter RacecarRandy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
RacecarRandy

RacecarRandy

I am using GH nutrients in an ebb n flow system. I am using reverse osmosis water. The only new additive that I am using is real Growers recharge. I am one week into flower and my PPM is 900 and my pH is up to 6.4. Normally at one week into flower when I change my reservoir the PPM is at 850 and pH is at 5.5. Normally the PPM will slowly drop and the pH will slowly rise.
Since I've been using the real Growers recharge after my water change the pH was at 5.5 and PPM was at 850. But instead of the numbers doing what they are supposed to, the PPM has risen to 900 and the pH has risen to 6.5. Everything looks fine but I would like to know what is causing the ph and PPM to both rise and if I need to do something to remedy it.

RacecarRandy

RacecarRandy

The water level is dropping the same as it normally does. The res is 60 gallons so the level drops pretty slowly. Its not dropping fast like it would if they were overfed.

Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey

Premium Member
Supporter
Nutes my be to hot and u have lockout. Someone may chime in and correct me. But ur not using nutes but u are water and ph raising with ppm. Sounds like ur over feeding nutes. I'll tag someone who maybe can clarify @EventHorizan

RacecarRandy

RacecarRandy

Ok, thanks. I have chemicals to adjust the ph but have never had to use them as the ph and ppm have always behaved perfectly without adjustment until I started using the real growers recharge. I would just discontinue it to solve the ph and ppm problem but the RGRC really makes a big difference in the root mass.

fatawa

fatawa

High on nutes...drop them 100ppm and check ppm daily.if your dialed in you want a 30-50ppm drop a day.(tech no drop is perfect but to c the nutes leave is truly knowing)so if ppms r raising nutes r high which will obviously throw off ph.yur ph will stabilize wen u find yur true number

Last edited:
RacecarRandy

RacecarRandy

My setup was definitely dialed in as far as ph and ppm before using the additive. I will try lowering the ppm.
Could you or anyone provide an explanation of why adding the real growers recharge bacteria and fungi has caused my ph and ppm to change so much?

RacecarRandy

RacecarRandy

Ok, sounds good. Any idea why the ph is going up instead of down? When I start lowering the PPM I will really have to watch it as I suspect it will go up even faster.

RacecarRandy

RacecarRandy

I have slowly brought the ppm's down to 780. They are stable here and go down about 10 ppm every day. My pH is really becoming an issue now however. I set it at 5.4 and by the next day it is up to 6.5. I'm going through a ton of pH Down.

fatawa

fatawa

Ive never used that additive,but i wud say if it was truly dialed n b4 then take out that additive..if its the only thing u changed then go back to what u kno.and if yur trying to roll with the new additive increase yur o2 levels..its kinda like putting a k&n air filter on something..if you dont change needle valve n carb more air dont mean shit..once your dialed in id roll like that but for every action theres a reaction by the plant..thats y subtle actions can do dramatic things.

RacecarRandy

RacecarRandy

I have a bluelab ph and ppm meter thay I use to measure everything.

fatawa.. thats an awesome analogy and makes perfect sense!

AKFrost

AKFrost

I use Recharge and GH and have noticed the same issues with it. The plants love it and just pray to the light the next day after giving it to them. I too had to drop the ppm of my nutrients. I believe the issue with the ppm I was seeing is due to the fact Beneficial bacteria makes nutrients more available to your plants. Therefore you don't have to use as much nutrients. I was still trying to figure out the ph rising and then I got bugs and had to start over recently. So I haven't been able to quite dial it in yet. But my plants loved it. Keep your dosage low on the Recharge. I noticed if you use to much I would get a brown sediment in my res, use a small amount once a week. Drop your ppm and keep an eye on your ph. Here is a link to a webpage I found today that tells you why I/ we had to lower my ppm due to bennies.

AKFrost

AKFrost

P.S. PH did start to stabilize more when I dropped the strength of my nutrients. It might have been a little unstable for me due to the size of my resavour being small. I was running a modified Captn style grow. Two large plants in 15gal res. Keep me posted on how it goes and best of luck to ya

RacecarRandy

RacecarRandy

My reservoir is the 60 gallon barrel that comes with the grow n flow system. I have got my ppm very stable at 780. Every morning I set my ph to 5.3 by adding a lot of ph down in the orange bag. The next day when I check the ph rises to 6.5. I have repeated this cycle for awhile now. I am going to try and greatly reduce the amount of real growers recharge that I am using and see if that helps as I cant deal with adding this much ph down powder. It just doesnt seem right. Right now I am followimg the instuctions in the RGR the package and adding 1/2 teaspoon/gallon which comes out to 30 teaspoons in my res. I plan to cut it down to 5 teaspoons in my 60 gallon res. I will report back after I have given the low dose a few days. Any other suggestions are welcomed.

OmarBengahzi

OmarBengahzi

How'd lowering your ppm's and adding less recharge work out for you? I'm new to using recharge and I'm having the same issues with maintaining a reservoir after adding it.

XxTheWolfxX

XxTheWolfxX

My reservoir is the 60 gallon barrel that comes with the grow n flow system. I have got my ppm very stable at 780. Every morning I set my ph to 5.3 by adding a lot of ph down in the orange bag. The next day when I check the ph rises to 6.5. I have repeated this cycle for awhile now. I am going to try and greatly reduce the amount of real growers recharge that I am using and see if that helps as I cant deal with adding this much ph down powder. It just doesnt seem right. Right now I am followimg the instuctions in the RGR the package and adding 1/2 teaspoon/gallon which comes out to 30 teaspoons in my res. I plan to cut it down to 5 teaspoons in my 60 gallon res. I will report back after I have given the low dose a few days. Any other suggestions are welcomed.
Any updates on how to dial in recharge in ebb and flow system?

Top Bottom