ph bouncing like a 64 impala

• Thread starter norcal215
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
norcal215

norcal215

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
ok i am very rarely stumped but this has to take the cake.... what would make my ez cloner water ph fluxuate from 6.0 to 4.0 in a few days time, and all i have added was power clone and a some ph down, because for the last three months my tap water has came out at 8.0 ph so i dropped the ph in the cloner to 6.0 or 5.8 and then i go back to check it out three days later and its at 4.0? water temps never exceed 75 degrees with my 1/4 horse chiller what gives?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I would like to know the answer to this as well, because I've recently purchased an aerocloner from an associate and I would like to better understand how I can keep a mildly nutrient-saturated solution from shifting pH so drastically. If I have to keep adding pH adjusters it's going to become a soup.

norcal215

norcal215

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
i cant answer that till this evening when i go in my rooms

B

BongToker

I have heard of this if you are not topping off the res, the water evaporates but leaves behind all the nutrients and salts.. Are the ppm rising also?

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

i had this issue with mine and i decided it was too much hassle so i threw it in the corner and switched to rapid rooters. the pump is keeping my res mixed up in my flower room now. if someone has a answer to this i'll probably pull it out of retirement. i was using RO water for mine and still had this issue. i figured it was due to a lack of substance in my ro water making it very simple to drastically also mine seemed to yellow up more in the aero then with rooters which i thought had something to do with the ph issues.

B

BongToker

Ya I choose to use rapid rooters as well, seems to make things easier for me atleast

B

Buddy Flowers

got rapid rooters today. ez is not so easy anymore...for some reason. had great results in the past

norcal215

norcal215

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
this is a new prob for me as well had this cloner for 4 years and havent changed anything

I

InvisibleM

Evaporation could have some affect on ph but probably not that much. When a plant uses ammonium the ph will always go down, so any fertilizer with a lot of ammonium in it will do this. Now once all the ammonium is used up the ph will stabilize. It could be something else though....

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

When this has happened to me, I gave the meter a good whack. It came back. I have the Hanna PH PPM combo meter. I opened it up and checked the PH wires that are inside. One was a little loose. I saudered it and never had the problem again.
Although some PH Probes do go out. The gel inside them dry's out and gives crazy readings.

B

Buddy Flowers

thanks invisible, that's good to know.

norcal215- have u noticed that they started making their inserts out of crappier material than they used to. a set of inserts would last me 6 runs if cleaned properly. now these things are ripping after 1 run. off-topic, i know

B

Buddy Flowers

"The gel inside them dry's out and gives crazy readings."

thanks, this may be my problem with my Blue Lab

B

Bioponic

If you have used those products successfully in the past with the cloner then I would tend to agree with Invisible. If you are trying to use a pH down based on citric or acetic acid this would be what you would expect to happen.

Top Bottom