PH buffers

• Thread starter MT Farmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MT Farmer

What do you fellas use to adjust your PH. I have used just GH ph up or down from the store or whatever buffers the grow store had. I grow soil and mix my nutes in one gallons. I have heard that I might want to be adding my ph buffers before I add my nutes as the strong buffers can "burn the nutes or make them less effective. Also when I add my ph up it raises my ppms. Am I using the wrong things to adjust my PH Since it is adding ppms of potassium ? Does it matter if I adjust my ph before I add my nutes or after? Sorry this is rambling.

4u2sm0ke

4u2sm0ke

I use up/down from fish store..and ya wanna check ph after adding nutes..some nutrients have ph adjusters in it..I too also use gallon jugs to mix my nutes..bubble for 24 hrs then test and adjust PH...Hope this helps..take care and be safe

:passingjoint:

A

afatsoweezer

I adjust my ph before adding nutes, then again after if needed.

LordDankinstien

LordDankinstien

I adjust after, seeing as if my RO is 6.5 and I add nutes it drops below 4 so I allways adjust after.

N

nughit

I use PH UP and Down from the hydro store. I always adjust PH after I add all my nutes as that is when the PH reading matters.

M

MT Farmer

Thank you very much brothers. When you say bubble it for 24 hours are you saying with an aerator?

B

BudBlazer

Yes what is the purpose of bubbling it? My buddy said something about it but I didnt ask why. I have my little daisy cloner turned bubble cloner I could use to do that when I dont have clones in it.

Top Bottom