PH/deficiency issue? What should I do?

• Thread starter Madkap_78
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Madkap_78

I noticed about a week ago the lower leaves on my plant showing signs of some kind of deficiency. I’m 1 month into veg. I’m reusing happy frog soil. Amend with 1tbl of dry amendments at day 1 of veg and again wk 4 of veg(couple days ago) I use PH tap water 6.4-6.6. Recharge & molasses 1x a wk. I did a slurry test of soil. PH was 6.0. Should I amend with dolomite lime to bring PH up? Should I use cal/mag? From what I see online it could be a calcium or magnesium deficiency. Also I read that at 6.0 ph the plant is not able to absorb calcium or phosphorus is this correct?

Phdeficiency issue what should i do
Phdeficiency issue what should i do 2
Phdeficiency issue what should i do 3
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Welcome to THC Farmer.

Pictures sure would help. Your pH could be a little bit low, but without pics, no one can advise you with any degree of certainty.

Rdub

Rdub

I’m by no means an expert but from my research during my own organic grow your ph shouldn’t matter one bit and in fact phing your water with some synthetic ph agent will actually kill the beneficial microbes that fed your plant the nutrients, perhaps this is the problem

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

It looks a little overwatered? Kill way more plants with love than neglect👍 Soil should have plenty of food in it for this stage especially with top dressing so my money is on to much water the leaves look a bit blistery could be wrong though?

Last edited:
pilto

pilto

I’m by no means an expert but from my research during my own organic grow your ph shouldn’t matter one bit and in fact phing your water with some synthetic ph agent will actually kill the beneficial microbes that fed your plant the nutrients, perhaps this is the problem

PH matters a LOT. What an uninformed comment. Please don't make such statements, especially after admitting you aren't an expert. If PH is out of wack, your plant will lock out nutrients and die. So it's kind of a big deal.

Rdub

Rdub

PH matters a LOT. What an uninformed comment. Please don't make such statements, especially after admitting you aren't an expert. If PH is out of wack, your plant will lock out nutrients and die. So it's kind of a big deal.
It seems the majority of organic growers would disagree with you, in so much as they don’t test for ph ever in their grows, and maybe I should clarify ph DOES matter but growing in living soil gives such a buffer that wide ranges of ph from input water is acceptable. I also prefaced it by saying I’m not an expert(meaning take that information with a grain of salt). Relaaaax

PK1

PK1

Supporter
most top soils have ph adjusting technology. However, you might need to ph your water depending on the source.
Ph nutrient

if your tap water is 6.5 than i would just give it that. your deffecincy could be other reasons.

PotsieSativa

PotsieSativa

Should I amend with dolomite lime to bring PH up? Should I use cal/mag? From what I see online it could be a calcium or magnesium deficiency. Also I read that at 6.0 ph the plant is not able to absorb calcium or phosphorus is this correct?

^ This is bait thread. Everyone knows this is a classic case of bor-pot deficiency caused by excess CaMgCO3 from garbage bagged weedbro soil. Why the fuck would someone come say this shit if they weren't "trolling".

Please start banning these calmaggots and those that humor them. The "moar calmag" "check ph" shit is totally baseless and absurd, it's the sole reason no expert takes grow forums seriously. I bet his other posts are "2 weeks" and "about a lb" and probably a bunch of praise for shitty growstore products.

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

^ This is bait thread. Everyone knows this is a classic case of bor-pot deficiency caused by excess CaMgCO3 from garbage bagged weedbro soil. Why the fuck would someone come say this shit if they weren't "trolling".

Please start banning these calmaggots and those that humor them. The "moar calmag" "check ph" shit is totally baseless and absurd, it's the sole reason no expert takes grow forums seriously. I bet his other posts are "2 weeks" and "about a lb" and probably a bunch of praise for shitty growstore products.
U seem a little wound up mate carrying on about people learning to grow weed from a forum what else are they for man there is so much growing knowledge on here u would be mad not to tap into some of it if u have a problem u should probably try helping rather than saying ah fuck em ban the maggots try helping a little might even make ya feel better rather than being so negative

N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter

Have you heard about these "high Brix" method where K is applied only foliar, so that more Ca can always enter the plant.
They are even shunning any amend high in K and go rather higher P.
It's crazy how they are changing the ratios to boost something, which could be boosted by simple Calmag.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

I noticed about a week ago the lower leaves on my plant showing signs of some kind of deficiency. I’m 1 month into veg. I’m reusing happy frog soil. Amend with 1tbl of dry amendments at day 1 of veg and again wk 4 of veg(couple days ago) I use PH tap water 6.4-6.6. Recharge & molasses 1x a wk. I did a slurry test of soil. PH was 6.0. Should I amend with dolomite lime to bring PH up? Should I use cal/mag? From what I see online it could be a calcium or magnesium deficiency. Also I read that at 6.0 ph the plant is not able to absorb calcium or phosphorus is this correct?
Also I read that at 6.0 ph the plant is not able to absorb calcium or phosphorus is this correct?

no not correct

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

Plants will adjust to PH as long as it doesn't fluctuate often,the plant can work with it. PH is more important for hydroponics. I grow outdoor in clay with well water during dry spells and see no adverse effects and grow 14 footers.

Top Bottom