Ph digital testers Soil/water

• Thread starter TimeLine
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TimeLine

TimeLine

What are peeps using for indoor/outdoor soil/water testers?
low end to high end
I actually use the old skool drop test but am sick of hearing how hard it is and blah blah from SO
So I am taking away an extremely difficult task of dropping 3 drops in a lil water lol with sticking a stick in water
They assure me if I get this they will def check PH more often

Discuss?

jguit

jguit

Supporter
Bluelab makes great products but if you have a problem during the warranty period, expect to jump through hoops to get them to replace a faulty item. I'm waiting to see if they'll make good on a combo meter that went faulty during the warranty period and wasnt abused whatsoever.. The back and forth has been over a week so far and they finally sent an RMA to have their techs check it out and see if they will send a replacement. I'm not holding my breath.

Maybe Hanna is better in this regard?

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
which ever brand you choose, spend the extra $5 and get a bottle of 7.0 calibration liquid. Check your meter weekly. Saved my butt more than once

TheMaverickFarmer

TheMaverickFarmer

Been using this since the 90's, I've never had ph issues with those ... Won't work if you're color blind😄 tried 3 different cheap brands on Amazon, returned two of them the other one is in bottom of my drawer, all garbage.
Don't matter if you buy an expensive one it constantly needs to be calibrated, by the time you figured your pen is out of whack so is your crop
I read a lot of post of people wandering why they have ph issues and they're problem is their pen

IMG 20220201 035854918

traeold420

traeold420

Bluelab makes great products but if you have a problem during the warranty period, expect to jump through hoops to get them to replace a faulty item. I'm waiting to see if they'll make good on a combo meter that went faulty during the warranty period and wasnt abused whatsoever.. The back and forth has been over a week so far and they finally sent an RMA to have their techs check it out and see if they will send a replacement. I'm not holding my breath.

Maybe Hanna is better in this regard?
yes i have had the same experience with blue lab directly. now i purchase bluelab through my hydro shop. a little more expensive but the hydro shop will replace right away within warranty. mine at least goes abvove and beyond to earn your business.

TimeLine

TimeLine

TY for the replies
I guess I have not heard of "Hana"
The rest of the post TY for the feedback
I tend to hate sticks
I have never really had ph problems using the droplets umm ever
I have heard nightmares with sticks

hmmm I gotta see if she will sweeten the pot a bit..cuz I predict this will end up somewhere broken
choices always complicated

PK1

PK1

Supporter
TY for the replies
I guess I have not heard of "Hana"
The rest of the post TY for the feedback
I tend to hate sticks
I have never really had ph problems using the droplets umm ever
I have heard nightmares with sticks

hmmm I gotta see if she will sweeten the pot a bit..cuz I predict this will end up somewhere broken
choices always complicated
its not. just get bluelab ph/ec reader and you are good to go. i think their going for about 250 on amazon.

2Bad

2Bad

Been using this since the 90's, I've never had ph issues with those ... Won't work if you're color blind😄 tried 3 different cheap brands on Amazon, returned two of them the other one is in bottom of my drawer, all garbage.
Don't matter if you buy an expensive one it constantly needs to be calibrated, by the time you figured your pen is out of whack so is your crop
I read a lot of post of people wandering why they have ph issues and they're problem is their pen
MY ASS lmao . You never had a "expensive" ph meter then. My bluelab combo meter has been calibrated once and it never drifts and never needs recalibrating but I do it every 3 months just in case. I do everything the exact same in routine without fail.

2Bad

2Bad

MY ASS lmao . You never had a "expensive" ph meter then. My bluelab combo meter has been calibrated once and it never drifts and never needs recalibrating but I do it every 3 months just in case. I do everything the exact same in routine without fail.
To add to this I think I never have to calibrate because of the solution thats screwed on to the tip of the meter so that it doesn't dry out.

TheMaverickFarmer

TheMaverickFarmer

Take a chill pill dude....that's my opinion....also, you drop the damn thing once and the glass bulb inside explodes.
Just relating my own opinions dude, if you don't like it though luck bud
Happy growing

TimeLine

TimeLine

I like the passion!
cuz IMO it's a debatable subject
blue lab hmmm how long will you last in this shiiit show here..?

how is it for tea solutions? as in anyone checked it out in a heavy tea?

2Bad

2Bad

I like the passion!
cuz IMO it's a debatable subject
blue lab hmmm how long will you last in this shiiit show here..?

how is it for tea solutions? as in anyone checked it out in a heavy tea?
I have not tried a tea ! sorry lol but I mean apera is just as good. When i bought my bluelab combo it was only $120 so it was cheap!?

2Bad

2Bad

Edit it was $140! (What a waste of calibration solution barely used it ) 🥲

2268BFAD 6386 45F7 BA3E 4219E4ECFB35
Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

What are peeps using for indoor/outdoor soil/water testers?
low end to high end
I actually use the old skool drop test but am sick of hearing how hard it is and blah blah from SO
So I am taking away an extremely difficult task of dropping 3 drops in a lil water lol with sticking a stick in water
They assure me if I get this they will def check PH more often

Discuss?
The drop tests are more than accurate enough for our purposes including in hydro. If you can’t tell colors apart see an MD if this is a new phenomenon.

Latest posts

Top Bottom