pH down as my phosphorus source?

• Thread starter Alpaca
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Alpaca

Alpaca

My bloom fertilizer has an NPK of 3-0-6, so seems like no to hardly any phosphorus.
I have to use phdown from plagron to get my ph down to a good level, which is 0-42-0. Will this balance out and create a good balance?

Ph down as my phosphorus source
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Depends how much ph down you are using. It's a pretty complex questions with a lot of variables. I personally use a fertilizer that gives me a breakdown of the nutrients in ppm so from this I can take that info and plug it into hydrobuddy and add individual nutrients to achieve the desired ppm ratios and quantity I desire for different stages of growth. I only do a couple amendments but you can get very complicated if you like.

In short to answer your question I would not count on phosphoric acid to be the sole source of phosphorus. It's just not reliable enough. I add monopotassium phosphate when I switch to flower but unless you have some basic knowledge I would suggest either a premixed dry nutrient or premixed liquid nutrient to supplement

K

Kot

My bloom fertilizer has an NPK of 3-0-6, so seems like no to hardly any phosphorus.
I have to use phdown from plagron to get my ph down to a good level, which is 0-42-0. Will this balance out and create a good balance?
Maybe the P is in your grow bottle. Look the scheme from the manufacturer.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

no mention of your medium,coco,soil ,hydro? if your in soil top dress about 2 tbsp of granular gypsum in there and done,3% readly available and rest breaks on down

Alpaca

Alpaca

It's organic soil from the garden centre, bought some Terra bloom by plagron for the flowering phase, can't really go wrong with that.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
I use Advanced PH Down. 10 ml in 40 gals of water will bring my ph down to 5.5ish (after silica). That is only 26ppm of P. Doubt it will make that big of an impact overall or at least use enough to really "feed" it per say.

Alpaca

Alpaca

Sorry for going off topic, but does anyone have feedback on my haze autoflowers at day 35? I think they're doing fine, about 65cm high atm
IMG 20190603 131011 0
IMG 20190603 130756 0

oleskool830

oleskool830

no mention of your medium,coco,soil ,hydro? if your in soil top dress about 2 tbsp of granular gypsum in there and done,3% readly available and rest breaks on down

Greetings bro. How often during flower do you top dress with gypsum? Thanks for this. Good stuff!
🤠

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Greetings bro. How often during flower do you top dress with gypsum? Thanks for this. Good stuff!
🤠
depending on size of pot just once with the granular gypsum,only 3 % is avaiable to the plant at the time you dress,the granular is a long term side dressing,last about 5 yrs,i just used 10 lbs on the corn bed 2 weeks ago,corn is 4 in tall right now,mixed soft rock dust,gypsum and basalt,dug 6 in into soil with a trench sprinkled it in and cover back with 4inches over that and drop a seed,i want it to go down and leach into the soil ,once i row up the corn,i do the same to the middle of rows in between,that damn bed had a over the top N count in test,no P or K at all,in a month i do another test and see if it needs more adjustment

Latest posts

Top Bottom