PH down in coco medium

• Thread starter FactorialSecret
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
FactorialSecret

FactorialSecret

Hey growers, reading through the forum and trying to find advice on what to use as PH down in coco coir medium(DTW). Commercial solutions for plants(and fish tanks) that I can get are mostly citric acid. Is there a point to try to use sulfuric acid? Thank you.

Homesteader

Homesteader

Not sure if DTW works with peat, but most straight peat unbuffered is around 5 pH so a handful may work

FactorialSecret

FactorialSecret

Mostly we use phosphoric acid. I would not use sulfuric
Looking into phosphoric acid as well, and found few messages where Aquaman recommended using it. Few questions about using it: so I got 85% food grade one - I need to dilute it in distilled water first(adding acid to water but not the opposite, right?) to ~30% and use this 30% solution as my main ph down agent?
Thank you.

Kraken.headz

Kraken.headz

I always dilute, though not so scientifically. I'm using a 55% product, and diluting it to probably about 5.5%. I'd rather it be on the more mild end, as I only need to add a few ml's to my small mix tanks to bring it down to the right range.

FactorialSecret

FactorialSecret

I always dilute, though not so scientifically. I'm using a 55% product, and diluting it to probably about 5.5%. I'd rather it be on the more mild end, as I only need to add a few ml's to my small mix tanks to bring it down to the right range.
Yeah I got it, thank u!

Dr.Dutch

Dr.Dutch

I would recommend using nitric acid instead, if you're not calculating your nutrients exactly. Phosphorus is already present in excessive amounts in typical hydrostore fertilizers, and according to Bugbee and current research, nitrogen is not a problem, even at the end of the flowering stage. Nitric acid, being a strong acid, adds fewer nutrients to the solution than phosphoric acid in the same ratio. Sulfuric acid is also a viable option, depending on the amount of S already present in your nutrient solution.

Tattooedchase

Tattooedchase

I'm using Dutch pro bloom ph reducer in all stages..is this ok? It's only got phosphate in it...thats it...they have a veg one made of Nitric acid....am I ok to keep using this? Or use tealab down for veg it made of Citric acid Anhydrous? Any ideas?..my plants still look good....thanks.
20231014 141146
20231013 220105
Screenshot 20231018 092240 Chrome
20231013 220044

Top Bottom