Ph Down

• Thread starter purpnugz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
purpnugz

purpnugz

My plants are about 10inch tall 3weeks and my ph went to 7.8 due to rain. If I sprinkle some lime will it go down to 7?

Or should I just water with 7 ph water when it dries out.

Ty

iKharon

iKharon

My plants are about 10inch tall 3weeks and my ph went to 7.8 due to rain. If I sprinkle some lime will it go down to 7?

Or should I just water with 7 ph water when it dries out.

Ty
Don't let it go bone dry but dry enough.. but yeah, you can add lemon or lime juice.. go easy on it tho

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
I would wager Dolomite lime will raise ph. Maybe not with a ph that high, but with neutral or acid soil for sure.

below frigid

below frigid

Lowering ph organicly is a slow painful process. The best long term solution is elemental sulfer. Lime is not a good ideal. You can water with H2o that the ph has been lowered but results are short lived. If in fact the rain caused your ph to climb it should go back down with regular watering. Your ph is not crazy high for an organic outdoor grow. If they are still in small containers just make sure you have good soil when you pot up. Check the PH of your water. Peat will lower your soils ph a little. Elemental sulfer is the way to go for long term fix but it takes a while to see results.

purpnugz

purpnugz

Lowering ph organicly is a slow painful process. The best long term solution is elemental sulfer. Lime is not a good ideal. You can water with H2o that the ph has been lowered but results are short lived. If in fact the rain caused your ph to climb it should go back down with regular watering. Your ph is not crazy high for an organic outdoor grow. If they are still in small containers just make sure you have good soil when you pot up. Check the PH of your water. Peat will lower your soils ph a little. Elemental sulfer is the way to go for long term fix but it takes a while to see results.
If my soil ph is reading 7.8 almost 8 I wonder if flushing with a ph of 6.0 will bring me down to 6.8

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
If you shock them with too big of a ph swing, that's bad too. Like Below Fridgid said, long and slow.

purpnugz

purpnugz

IMG 0961
IMG 0962
IMG 0964
IMG 0966
IMG 0968

below frigid

below frigid

After doing a little research I highly doubt that the rain by itself caused your PH to rise. It may have saturated something in your growing medium to cause it to rise. Rain water PH map for your viewing pleasure.
https://water.usgs.gov/nwc/NWC/pH/html/ph.html

As you see most in most places across the USA rain water PH is less than 6 and and averages around5 or less. Very few places across the USA have rainfall above 6 and no place near 7. Hope this helps.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Lime will increase your ph iron sulfate will lower ph in water ph down use white vinegar

Latest posts

Top Bottom