Ph Drift In Reservoir

• Thread starter MSH
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MSH

MSH

I keep my reservoir aerated and the ph drifts after some time, should I just let it be and water or reset the ph?
On growweedeasy it says:

Shaking Water Changes the pH:
When checking and adjusting pH, some growers like to shake their water container to make sure everything is evenly mixed. This works well, and roots love the extra dissolved oxygen, but it’s important to understand that after shaking the nutrient water for a long time, the additional dissolved oxygen will raise the pH of the water. Don’t worry about this - don’t retest then readjust the pH

What do you guys say?

ken dog

ken dog

About what?.... That the information is accurate?...

You should try an experiment, by shaking some water and checking the pH before and after, and report back to us.

MSH

MSH

I'm asking if I should reset the ph in my res after it has drifted to 7.0 from 6.0, asking what fellow growers here do, what their experience is. Not what happens when water gets shaken.

@MidwestToker I set it at 6.0 and in 3-4 days it's at 6.7 - 7.0

ken dog

ken dog

Why the link if you don't care about it?... Anyway, of course adjust your pH.

ken dog

ken dog

Also, is your pH Rises, your water quality generally goes down... Change your rez.

MSH

MSH

The link is because it's about aerated water and I'm guessing my pH is rising because of the extra oxygen I'm pumping into the res - I read it and wanted to see what other people were doing with their reservoirs.

@MidwestToker - coco dtw

ken dog

ken dog

Which is why I suggested you experiment on your own... and see if your findings are similar.

ken dog

ken dog

I might be wrong, but I think you should try and dump your rez.:)

Last edited:
MidwestToker

MidwestToker

Then you're air is the cause of the rise in combination with you're water quality.
pH for coir at 5.8-6.2 . If you're rez rises past those numbers adjust.

Reactions: MSH
Savage Henry

Savage Henry

I stopped using air stones a bit ago because it was causing the fulvic acid I'm using to fall out of solution. I switched to a small fountain pump with pvc circulating from the bottom to the top.seems Ph has been a bit more stable.

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

I was having 2 point pH swings daily, coincidental with changing to Emerald Harvest nutes. It seems the culprit had more to do with the testr slowly dieing, then faster. I contacted the company who walked me through calibration, but it was too far gone. Now that I have a new testr it seems more stable

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
I run hydro/coco drain to waste using Heavy16.
My rez pH drifts up also. I do 2 things to help control this. First, I adjust it when it drifts up. Second, I run my rez agitation pump only 15min per hour and with as little surface tension as possible to keep aeration to a minimum. Best of luck. Peace

Reactions: MSH
Top Bottom