Ph Drop... I Suspect My Air Pump Was Pumping Co2 Into My Buckets

• Thread starter ken dog
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ken dog

ken dog

My PH dropped over a day and a half.
I started at 6.0, the next day 5.8, the next morning 5.2, that afternoon 4.9.

That afternoon, I added pH up and adjusted it to 6.00.

Two hours after stabilising my ph, 5 gallons was gone out of my top off reservoir.... in the previous day and a half, no water was missing from the top off reservoir. My plants were locked out.
There was no root rot...I'm in the first week of flower, and running a 10 bucket 8xl system.
I suspect the cause was that my grow room was saturated with 1500 ppm of co2.
I keep my sealed, plastic tented grow, in my sealed grow room... and I purge the co2 from my sealed grow every night, into my sealed grow room.
Apparently I have not vented my grow room well enough, because the co2 built up in there...and my air pump which is outside my grow tent, was pumping co2 into my buckets... At 1500 ppm measured by my co2 meter outside the grow tent.

I remedied the situation, and my PH is stabilized with no further action on my part.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I don't think the CO2 is suspect, I would say that *is* the cause. It's a known problem for reefkeepers in cold climates that during winter, they're going to experience pH drops in their systems specifically due to the slightly higher CO2 levels in their homes during winter. It's enough to cause the pH of a system pegged at 8.2 to drop to 7.8 or lower (enough to kill corals).

Latest posts

Top Bottom