Ph fluctuations?

• Thread starter Giotto
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Giotto

Giotto

Hi you all, so 2 days ago i flushed my plant (26 days old) cause i suspected ph fluctuations, but what i noticed was that the original ph 6.50 of my solution changed after going trough the soil (Biobizz light mix / basic ph=6,2) and ending up in the under pot, becoming 5.80.

I tested this with a ph pen, I used RO combined with tap water (300 ppm) and added CalMag (1,5 ml x L)
resulting in a solution with 400 ppm, to flush the plant i've put 2,5 liters of water+calmag in it

Soooo what the hell do you think happened?

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Hi you all, so 2 days ago i flushed my plant (26 days old) cause i suspected ph fluctuations, but what i noticed was that the original ph 6.50 of my solution changed after going trough the soil (Biobizz light mix / basic ph=6,2) and ending up in the under pot, becoming 5.80.

I tested this with a ph pen, I used RO combined with tap water (300 ppm) and added CalMag (1,5 ml x L)
resulting in a solution with 400 ppm, to flush the plant i've put 2,5 liters of water+calmag in it

Soooo what the hell do you think happened?
first got to ask what was wrong with the 6.5 ph,the boi bizz product is a peat base product
so you flushed ,why?
next you combine the ro water with tap,thats ok but you mentioned after it was 300 ppm ,that without anything added to it ?
shoot for the lowest ec you can get then add about 100 to 150 ppm of cal mag then the rest feed,the higher the number you start out with the less food your gonna get ,you have to have cal-mag in soiless ,so that a no brainer if you dig,so start with your water damn near nothing on your ec.
ive never run with your soil mix ,just now heard of it,looked it up and my guess is you flushing it washed out most of your nutrients,so throw up some pics and other folk might be able to give better directon

Giotto

Giotto

first got to ask what was wrong with the 6.5 ph,the boi bizz product is a peat base product
so you flushed ,why?
next you combine the ro water with tap,thats ok but you mentioned after it was 300 ppm ,that without anything added to it ?
shoot for the lowest ec you can get then add about 100 to 150 ppm of cal mag then the rest feed,the higher the number you start out with the less food your gonna get ,you have to have cal-mag in soiless ,so that a no brainer if you dig,so start with your water damn near nothing on your ec.
ive never run with your soil mix ,just now heard of it,looked it up and my guess is you flushing it washed out most of your nutrients,so throw up some pics and other folk might be able to give better directon
So, i flushed it because at the time i discovered that after a 24h period my Lemon Kick added in the solution dissolved, resulting in the ph raising from 6,5 to 7,5 in the solution.With that in mind i thought a flush might be the best thing since i've been giving to the plants a higher ph.So from that i learned to never keep the solution for the next day,i just make it and use it right away.
Yeah sorry 300 ppm i was referring to my tap water, mixing RO water with tap water results in 150/170ppm.
I think that's the best solution mixing 50% RO and 50% Tap Water , cause like that i wouldn't add CalMag and still have a low ppm (150/170); instead if i use only RO water i'll need to add CalMag resulting in 100/150 ppm which are the same values of my RO water mixed with my tap water.

Sadly the specs about nutrients are written in deutch
DSC02818
DSC02819
DSC02820
DSC02821

Last edited:
Top Bottom