ph for hydroton in dwc?

• Thread starter PEPE LaPUE
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PEPE LaPUE

PEPE LaPUE

what is the ph for hydroton medium in a dwc set up? thanxs in advance ;)

B

bobbybrown

5.8-6.2 is the best. It depends on how much it increases daily. If you want to reduce labor, you can take it down to 5.5, then let it swing to 6.5...but stay close to 6.

I would get a PH doser. Do some searches on aquarium ph dosers or find a cheap way to do it.

PEPE LaPUE

PEPE LaPUE

5.8-6.2 is the best. It depends on how much it increases daily. If you want to reduce labor, you can take it down to 5.5, then let it swing to 6.5...but stay close to 6.

I would get a PH doser. Do some searches on aquarium ph dosers or find a cheap way to do it.
thanxs bro how about coco whats the ph suposse to b for that? im running 2 in dwc and 9 in coco..

sedate

sedate

I've been doing DWC buckets for a really long time and I tend to have the best results letting the pH swing just a bit around 6.0 - absorption windows for micros/macros are all good around this point.

Generally, I think the same range is good for coco as well - but maybe hovering a tad higher - 6.2 - 6.5.

PEPE LaPUE

PEPE LaPUE

I've been doing DWC buckets for a really long time and I tend to have the best results letting the pH swing just a bit around 6.0 - absorption windows for micros/macros are all good around this point.

Generally, I think the same range is good for coco as well - but maybe hovering a tad higher - 6.2 - 6.5.
nice thanxs

B

bobbybrown

thanxs bro how about coco whats the ph suposse to b for that? im running 2 in dwc and 9 in coco..

The same PH. Make sure you let it swing, since different nutrients are absorbed at different ph levels, you want it to hit the entire range every week or so. It's not a must, but it theory it works the best.

sedate

sedate

bobbybrown said:
The same PH. Make sure you let it swing, since different nutrients are absorbed at different ph levels, you want it to hit the entire range every week or so. It's not a must, but it theory it works the best.

Agreed - keeping pH pegged at 5.8 gives me all sorts of problems around the edges. Letting it float seems to really help.

Top Bottom