pH for soil medium

• Thread starter ron60
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

ron60

My water nutrient solution for feeding the plant is 6.2 pH, when the water overage (run out the bottom)was measured, it was7.6 pH. Is the ideal 6.2 pH measured by the water feeding solution or when it runs out the bottom of the pot? In other words, does the water going in or the water coming out get measured to determine pH?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
My water nutrient solution for feeding the plant is 6.2 pH, when the water overage (run out the bottom)was measured, it was7.6 pH. Is the ideal 6.2 pH measured by the water feeding solution or when it runs out the bottom of the pot? In other words, does the water going in or the water coming out get measured to determine pH?
I feel it's more important to have the feed at the right pH because I have never once resolved a problem by using run-off as the metric. Nor have I ever been able to get run-off where it's "supposed" to be (who cares where it is as long as it's where it's supposed to be in the root zone?)

If your concern is where pH is at the root zone (most important place, yes?) then I perform an actual media sample test, because run-off only tells you what's being pulled or going through the medium.

I also feel that for soil (not soilless like Sunshine mix, coco, perlite, and other similar products) the pH you've posted is a little on the low side. 6.5-6.8 is where I like to land with soil.

Why'd you put this in harvesting and curing? Ought to be in a growing thread.

Top Bottom