Ph Help

• Thread starter Gravity
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Gravity

Gravity

My pH runoff in soil is 5.5. What do I need to do in order to get my soil to 6.5?

Gravity

Gravity

I don't know honestly. My plants appear to be looking healthy. My main concern is the nutrients being locked out due to low soil pH.

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
If the leaves are all uniform green and stems have no purple streaking, then leave them alone.

If your plants are happy and showing no signs of stress or deficiency, then you don't need to change much.

However if you're concerned it may lead to a cumulative problem, consider raising slightly the pH of the water you feed. Try 6.8 or 7 and see where the runoff ends up. I've corrected imbalances in this way before, but, as I said if your plants look healthy you may not want to change anything.

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
But you need to understand that if you rhizosphere is already balanced you may be throwing it off balance with such an adjustment.

Runoff is a great indicator that something is amiss if it corresponds to evidence you see in the plant.

In other words, are you worried because your pH seems low, or did you test pH because your plants weren't performing optimally?

Gravity

Gravity

I tested the runoff pH just out of curiosity & that being said I was worried that with my soil pH being low I could potentially face some nutrient lockout.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Been growing for almost 5 yrs. In all those years I have never checked run off. Im.in ocean forest soil with myco and dolomite lime added. I've never had a deficiency, pm, mild, or bug problem EVER. Minus some fruit flies that come courtesy of the soil.

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
In my opinio . I don't give a shit about my runoff. It's runoff , I put my nutes in at 6.5 and forget it after that.

Been growing for almost 5 yrs. In all those years I have never checked run off. Im.in ocean forest soil with myco and dolomite lime added. I've never had a deficiency, pm, mild, or bug problem EVER. Minus some fruit flies that come courtesy of the soil.

These guys' experience is why I asked if you see any deficiencies... Make changes if you see your plants suffering. If they're healthy and doing well you don't need to change anything

DieselDuds

DieselDuds

I tested the runoff pH just out of curiosity & that being said I was worried that with my soil pH being low I could potentially face some nutrient lockout.

Bro quit the lockout talk. You know how I common that is? Ph 6.5 if your doing that fine everytime and allowing your nutrients to balance out before adding your ph up or down. And then let them balance out after that. There should be no fluctuations and no problems. Don't fix nothing if there isn't a problem. Your over thinking sheet

Latest posts

Top Bottom