setup
5x5 grow tent
t5 veg (600watt flower)
4inch fan induct
6inch fan exaust
RO water filteration
foxfarm ocean forest/happy frog soil
3(weeks into veg with clones)
added a lil of "ZHO Rhizosphere root inocoluat"(help build my microbial system around my roots)

I have a RO water filteration system. My ph is 7.0 in the r.o water. when i add the cal mag and super thrive it drops to a 5.5

I have read that plants will not take cal and mag if ph is too low.

Im trying to build micro ogranisms.

I have read if u have p.h up or water with clorine it will kill my organisms. (f*ck that)

I have also heard baking soda raises ph natually but it also messes 'something'
up.

My qestion is, is 5.5 RO water ok, or should i raise it? Like i said, i add cal-mag and b1 vitamines already to the RO water. And if i need to raise it, how do i without affecting my micro ogranisms.

D

Dr.Green.Thumb

thanks again for the quick reply. So pro-tek wont kill the micros?

true grit

true grit

or just use ph up. need to be in mid 6's at least. i can bet the small amount of ph up needed won't do shit, even if it could hurt things. don't overthink or worry too much about the small stuff if you are just starting. worry about the larger issues like ph being in range for uptake.

S

Shredder

thanks again for the quick reply. So pro-tek wont kill the micros?

Dr. The best thing you can do for your microscopic friends is to establish them in your soil before anything else. Best way to do that is with high quality earth worm castings, and or compost. This will establish the microbes, then you can feed them organically, in turn they will feed your plants. That let's the plant call the shots, over you with a hydro shop bottle of brand x, would be trying to do otherwise.

I prefer using mostly dry feeds, such as meals, guano's and such mixed in my soil with the ewc/compost. One reasonably priced way to do that is with espoma's tone fertilizers. You can get 5 lb for around $5 around here in home depot.

Then to send your micro herd reinforcements, add the occasional compost/ ewc tea. Maybe a couple shots of molasses in veg. And if you think you just have to something more, and a good humic acid powder to the water in tiny amounts. Think liquid karma type stuff.

In about 4-6 weeks top dress with some more tone, if you used that..... And get those trimming shears ready...........shredder

Edit. Adding the compost and or ewc also gives the soil some ph ing qualities, so you can worry much less, about less than perfect conditions......

D

Dr.Green.Thumb

babies

Check out my babies.....ive had them for about 2 weeks. I have them in happy frog/happy forest plus some perlite. Is it too early to give them the worm castings?

Crop
S

Shredder

No, I put ewc on the day I start clones. I Start them in beer cups. First I poke a hole in the cup, then put an inch or two of a veg mix in, fill the bulk with straight peat, put the clone that is in a rapid rooter in, fill around the clone then top with ewc. Works great......shredder

Latest posts

Top Bottom