PH is abt 8! How to bring it down fast?

• Thread starter HumbleTie1321
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HumbleTie1321

HumbleTie1321

How do I safely and quickly bring my PH down to an optimal level? I just tested with a soil ph test kit and all 3 of my pots are 8 or more. Would adding water with lower than normal ph help at all or do I need to go another route? I have some citric acid crystals here. Would they work and if so how much would I add?

HumbleTie1321

HumbleTie1321

Thanks for posting peeps! Okay, growing in Purple Cow Indicanja living soil. I had been using a probe ph (which are a joke, they always showed 7). So got my real testing kit today (liquid version that uses Barium Sulfate powder and a liquid soil testing reagent). Tested all 3 plants and they're off the chart 8+. I tested thinking perhaps I did something wrong but got the same result. I have been using 6.5 water when I water. I have some citrate crystals here on hand. Is it safe to use them and how? And I DO have the ph down solution for water but here I am...

HumbleTie1321

HumbleTie1321

What soil mix is it? And how exactly did you perform your test? And whats your intended feeding looking like?
Purple Cow Indicanja living soil. Supposed to be great stuff..

HumbleTie1321

HumbleTie1321

Purple Cow Indicanja living soil. Supposed to be great stuff..
Used a liquid version that uses Barium Sulfate powder and a liquid soil testing reagent. Tested all 3 plants and they're off the chart 8+.

HumbleTie1321

HumbleTie1321

Used a liquid version that uses Barium Sulfate powder and a liquid soil testing reagent. Tested all 3 plants and they're off the chart 8+.
I used nutes 1 time early on but haven't done it again in abt a month. Would enzyme help in the growing process or are they worth it in living soil?

Ponky

Ponky

Humic acid once. And I don't know enough about enzymes. But can't hurt. Humic and fulvic acid. Should help. Ph to where you want to be. But check the water twice. In case it's ph bouncing after you mix it.

Ponky

Ponky

Cite: Our study showed that fulvic acids (FA) significantly decreased the soil pH (Figure 2A). The acidity may have been the result of quinone groups such as carboxyl, phenolic, and hydroxyl groups that easily lower the soil pH [8]. Fulvic acid also influences the growth of soil microbial biomass and microbial activity.Apr. 18, 2019

The Effect of Fulvic Acids Derived from Different Materials on Changing Properties of Albic Black Soil in the Northeast Plain of China
Mahendar Kumar Sootahar, Xibai Zeng and others.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Ok, I just got done looking at your Purple Cow soil. It's good stuff except for the one thing it actually needs. I was not able to find a microbe breakdown, so I can only guess that there are no MBE's in that soil and that's why your pH is sky high. Add some Recharge to fix it. The MBE's are what balance the pH and convert the soil to food.

HumbleTie1321

HumbleTie1321

Ok, I just got done looking at your Purple Cow soil. It's good stuff except for the one thing it actually needs. I was not able to find a microbe breakdown, so I can only guess that there are no MBE's in that soil and that's why your pH is sky high. Add some Recharge to fix it. The MBE's are what balance the pH and convert the soil to food.
Interesting.. Thanks for looking at it! I added some great white enzymes when I watered today. What are MBE's and where do I get them?

HumbleTie1321

HumbleTie1321

A couple of days. Then you don't worry about it anymore.
Use the recharge weekly for the rest of the grow.
What do you think of this stuff? People say that it can be used with soil but I'll be Damned if I can figure out how to do it. It's supposed to control your ph. Has Fulvic acid in it. I'm just so green I'm unsure of how to use these products. I fought this in the beginning. If it's not gonna work for my situation then I'm sending it back..
Advanced Nutritients Bloom

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

You can use the other stuff, but it will defeat the purpose of using that soil anyway, so the recharge is a better option in this case.
There is nothing wrong with what you have, it's just used differently. You mix it and add it to the water.
That doesn't work as well with soil.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Flush plant, get a 16oz cup fill with water, pour a small bit of white vinegar into cup stir and give plant, go slow u can allways repeat, to raise ph same drill but use bakeing soda, or you can buy ph up down.

Top Bottom