ph issue/nute burn help!!

• Thread starter greenleaff
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

greenleaff

temp and humidity are all good. Im growing in coco. I charged the coco before transplanting. they are clones and i had them for a few days so they're about 2 weeks old. I fed them over 500 ppm at 6.2 Ph for the first few feedings. i knew it was going to cause me problems but i thought since in coco they might need the extra nutrients since they are freshly transplanted. boy was i wrong. i woke up to them looking like this. some leaves that weren't pictured were also tacoing up and new leaves would tangle. so i did my research and i flushed them each with over a gallon at 320 ppm's and a 5.8 ph. am i screwed or will they be good? will this affect the over all health of the plant for down the road? and how long will the plants take to recover because I for sure over fed with the nutes and the Ph didn't help either.
Ph issuenute burn help
Ph issuenute burn help 2
Ph issuenute burn help 3
Ph issuenute burn help 4
Ph issuenute burn help 5

C2CGrowz

C2CGrowz

Don't stress on it man, it looks like they will be able to come back from it. I would flush them with about a gallon of some PURE R/O water, then wait a few days and water again with just a light feeding. They should recover just fine, and then you can resume what ever feeding routine you prefer.

Good Luck with it and if you have any other questions check me out on Instagram = coast2coastgrowz = you can DM me directly.

ALWAYS Happy to help a fellow GROWer

G

greenleaff

thanks man! ill follow you when i get home. and yeah i flushed today again at 320 ppm (last night at 340) and 5.8 ph and then i tested the run off and it was at 380 ppm and 6.0 ph. so i definitely had nutrient burn and an ph issue. so now that i have the measurements all figured out, and keep feeding low (until they want more), i should be good right? I also checked the new growth to see if they would have problems too, but they're actually green and looking good.
Don't stress on it man, it looks like they will be able to come back from it. I would flush them with about a gallon of some PURE R/O water, then wait a few days and water again with just a light feeding. They should recover just fine, and then you can resume what ever feeding routine you prefer.

Good Luck with it and if you have any other questions check me out on Instagram = coast2coastgrowz = you can DM me directly.

ALWAYS Happy to help a fellow GROWer
m

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

thanks man! ill follow you when i get home. and yeah i flushed today again at 320 ppm (last night at 340) and 5.8 ph and then i tested the run off and it was at 380 ppm and 6.0 ph. so i definitely had nutrient burn and an ph issue. so now that i have the measurements all figured out, and keep feeding low (until they want more), i should be good right? I also checked the new growth to see if they would have problems too, but they're actually green and looking good.

m
Unfortunately the affected leaves are going to die. The plant will be set back but with the proper adjustments you mentioned made it should pull through in time, how are your plants getting magnesium?

Last edited:
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
They will recover, but it will take them a while. You will probably lose a lot of your current growth eventually, but as long as your new growth looks good and robust, you should be OK. Plants don't heal leaves... they typically either scar over the damaged area if small, or if it is plantwide, the entire leaf might drop.

G

greenleaff

Unfortunately the affected leaves are going to die. The plant will be set back but with the proper adjustments you mentioned made it should pull through in time, how are your plants getting magnesium?
i give them cal-mag. these are what the tops are looking like. the twisting is from the ph issue but i don't know about the canoeing? my temps and humidity are good.
IMG 0355
IMG 0351
IMG 0345

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Definitely nutrient issues going on here and several of them.

What are your temps/humidity?

What light are you using and how close it?

To me it looks like you have some root issues. That can be caused by a lot of different things from soil to lighting.

I think the cal mag was a good start but would like to hear some more info to see if there are other things that may need corrected

G

greenleaff

Definitely nutrient issues going on here and several of them.

What are your temps/humidity?

What light are you using and how close it?

To me it looks like you have some root issues. That can be caused by a lot of different things from soil to lighting.

I think the cal mag was a good start but would like to hear some more info to see if there are other things that may need corrected
I got them as clones and they were in 3 inch rock wool cubes, they were rooted but they weren't too long coming out the bottom. I transplanted in coco that i charged with nutes.
630w cmh @ 60% power
72-78 degrees
50-60% humidity (i need to add a humidifier because my humidity tends to dip low)
I got them on Friday, fed them twice a day for a couple days at over 500 ppm's and 6.2-6.3 ph. i had a feeling this was going to happen.
then monday morning i checked up on them and saw the issues and i flushed them and been feeding them 320-340ppm 5.8 ph since.

G

greenleaff

I got them as clones and they were in 3 inch rock wool cubes, they were rooted but they weren't too long coming out the bottom. I transplanted in coco that i charged with nutes.
630w cmh @ 60% power
72-78 degrees
50-60% humidity (i need to add a humidifier because my humidity tends to dip low)
I got them on Friday, fed them twice a day for a couple days at over 500 ppm's and 6.2-6.3 ph. i had a feeling this was going to happen.
then monday morning i checked up on them and saw the issues and i flushed them and been feeding them 320-340ppm 5.8 ph since.
and the light is like 4-5 feet above

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

and the light is like 4-5 feet above
That all sounds reasonable. They may have just been shocked or some minor air pruning and will take some time to recover. Cal mag is often thrown out there as a fix all which is not the case but in in your case it's a good idea to supplement it. Keep on keeping on and they should improve.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Looks a lot like nitrogen excess, although stress is possible. The leaves are really pronounced in their claw likw appearance, though. Perhaps they will spring back after flushing and allowing roots to develop more before feeding them. I see this happening on other posts and think it is best to give plants a few days after transplant before you start feeding them again.

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

m
Let them dry out or you'll smother them. That would finish them off.

WankirA

WankirA

Sorry to barge in here folks, but can I ask @greenleaff what NPK your feed is?
If the thread advice is working, ignore me, Im prolly way off, but this is possibly a phosphorous deficiency, progression of the damage is so similar to a graphic i have from elsewhere (420m graphic) wouldnt want to jump the gun, but it may be a place to start looking.
I can post the image if rules allow it...?!
Fudge, ill apologize after if i'm out of order - here....

Hope it gets sorted though GL, good luck.
Cheers
W

G

greenleaff

hey all! they're starting to look good. most of the messed up leaves have died off and all the new growth is looking good. some are even pointing up, ill take pics tomorrow and post. stems are purple though so hopefully they get better by tomorrow or next couple days.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
stems are purple though so hopefully they get better by tomorrow or next couple days.
Don't fret about the stems turning purple, as it happens a lot indoors. All of mine turn purple, but it should be uniform, not in purple veins or cords The stems on the larger leaves are most notable and is just a reaction to strong light. If you see it in streaks or in lines, then you typically have a nutrient deficiency/imbalance. With nutrient overload, it would be prudent to keep an eye out for it to make sure you don't have any lingering problems... but uniform purple is pretty normal, at least in my experience.

Latest posts

Top Bottom