Ph Levels Help

• Thread starter JustStartedD
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JustStartedD

JustStartedD

so where I live there's a lot of hard water as most of the water source In this state is dependent on rain/snow fall. I usually let my water sit a day or two. Before adding nutes. Water would be at 6.5 ish. After I add recharge and seaweed it jumps to 8-9.0 can someone help me I've tried using some
Ph 4 (a bottle that came with my ph meter) but it only brings it down .1 or .2 and it takes quite a bit of solution. I'm mixing in a 3 gallon container
Any suggestions?

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Found this on the net.

Recharge can be tank mixed and added to your usual water / nutrient solution. We suggest adding Recharge last, after you adjust your pH. Recharge will initially raise the pH of your solution, but you do NOT need to correct it. The microbes in Recharge are able to actively feed plants at a wide range of pH levels.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Becareful adding ph down in this situation. I find lime to be a great ph buffer and will stabilize your soil to about 7. Wether your ph is high or low it will go to 7. Just don’t get too funky with messing with the ph. You can really screw things up quickly.

S

Shawnery

I would call recharge.

Maybe test ph at each nutrient addition including seaweed and recharge and make sure it's the recharge doing it in the first place.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
The product listing says it will. No need to call them. Just google it. I’m sure others have had similar experiences with it.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
And don’t use the ph calibration sol, it’s toxic!
Use ph up/down, they are cheap as heck.
To bring small quantities down, ivebused lime juice in a pinch.
But recharge is designed to work with soil flora to prevent lock out and slow release the ability to adjust ph.

JustStartedD

JustStartedD

Becareful adding ph down in this situation. I find lime to be a great ph buffer and will stabilize your soil to about 7. Wether your ph is high or low it will go to 7. Just don’t get too funky with messing with the ph. You can really screw things up quickly.
I used some apple cider vinegar this morning brought ph down to 6.8 and I fed them like that. I ph'd the water before adding anything f and it was at 7.9 and when I added it went up to 8.1 and I just added some vinegar. Next time I'll adjust just the water/seaweed and add the rechrge

S

Shawnery

I saw the same page but decided not to post it because I thought it better to be sure. Its seems unlikely that it's supposed to get that high? That's way up there in the toxicity level of ph. This is why i suggested testing the ph of each addition separately. This could easily be done with a quarter gallon of water without needing to be wasteful.

Most likely it's the recharge but wouldn't we feel like shit posting a link to information we have no personal experience with and he lost his crop?

JustStartedD

JustStartedD

I saw the same page but decided not to post it because I thought it better to be sure. Its seems unlikely that it's supposed to get that high? That's way up there in the toxicity level of ph. This is why i suggested testing the ph of each addition separately. This could easily be done with a quarter gallon of water without needing to be wasteful.

Most likely it's the recharge but wouldn't we feel like shit posting a link to information we have no personal experience with and he lost his crop?
I spoke to a buddy of mine he's been growing for about 8-9 years and he said the recharge is good , microbiology is on point and the molasses and acids are helpful for the plant. And he also said growing organically I don't really need to mess with ph too much as the soil and the microbes in the soil would take care of most of the work for me. But he said to still ph'd the water to 6-6.9 to avoid plant deficiencies or excessive nutrients

S

Shawnery

Can I just ask why people are so against speaking to the people who created the product?

I'm not saying your friend isn't right because he obviously has the experience to back it up but still.

JustStartedD

JustStartedD

Can I just ask why people are so against speaking to the people who created the product?

I'm not saying your friend isn't right because he obviously has the experience to back it up but still.
Well my water is already very hard and without any additives the water is at 7.9 and only going up a .2-.3 when I add the nutrients doesn't seem like a crazy increase. Also I've read a lot about the recharge & you can even give recharge to the plants at 2x the recommended amount without damaging the plant. And I'm currently using a little less the the specified amount 1/2 tsp for 2.5 gal, I added half tsp to 3 gals. & I have no issue contacting the manufacturer but it doesn't seem like the recharge is the cause of th high ph. On another note. I watered yesterday at 6.8 ph and the plants seemed very happy they got a bit thicker and bushier

S

Shawnery

That all makes perfect sense and you seem like you know what you're doing. I didn't mean the comment so much to you but just a general observation of the human race.

:cool:

JustStartedD

JustStartedD

That all makes perfect sense and you seem like you know what you're doing. I didn't mean the comment so much to you but just a general observation of the human race.

It's all good. I post because I'm asking for help. Any opinion is helpful. & I've grown before but this would be the first real grow I've done with all the right materials/tools.

S

Shawnery

It's all good. I post because I'm asking for help. Any opinion is helpful. & I've grown before but this would be the first real grow I've done with all the right materials/tools.
I ask all the time and then do the opposite, they love me for it!:D

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter

Have you tried to get a hold of companies in this day and age? It’s like pulling teeth and many times the people you are speaking to have little to no practical experience. Especially when it comes to growing marijuana.

I don’t mind using google. That’s what it’s there for. But if you can get good answers from a real person who has experience with it imo that’s the best advice you can get.

Last edited:
Top Bottom