Ph Levels Off?

• Thread starter GrowBros
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GrowBros

GrowBros

I have a few plants that are starting to have yellowing fan leaves in week 6. I use heavy 16 nutes and coco for my medium and try to run my ph at 6.0 but maybe i need to run it higher to eliminate a deficiency? Let me know what you think it is.

Thanks

Ph levels off
sixstring

sixstring

you should take some pics without the hps lights on for us,a whole plant pic might be helpfull also,not just a dead yellow leaf :) and maybe give some enviro # for us as well.peace

GrowBros

GrowBros

Haha ok.
you should take some pics without the hps lights on for us,a whole plant pic might be helpfull also,not just a dead yellow leaf :) and maybe give some enviro # for us as well.peace
I just pulled that leaf off to try to get a pic. I will update later. It looks like the leaf is fine other than just being a bit too yellow for that stage of growth.

sixstring

sixstring

Yeah im not trying to be an ass,it just looks yellow and dead on my pc

GrowBros

GrowBros

This is actually an update to a post from yesterday. To refresh I have recently had an issue with yellowing of leaves in flower. I attached the two pictures for reference.

I think it is a problem with the way I flush my coco coir. I have always flushed with staright watet and left my plants for a day instead of following a flush with aggressive nutrients to keep the nutes in the soil and available to the plant at 6.0ph.

Let me know what you think. I will update tonight after I attempted to flush and feed last night.

Thanks

Sip

Sip

What type of medium, pot size, and nutrients are you using may I ask? Also if it's towards the end of flower it's going to start yellowing.

GrowBros

GrowBros

What type of medium, pot size, and nutrients are you using may I ask? Also if it's towards the end of flower it's going to start yellowing.
Gold Label Coco. Heavy 16 full line. 3 gallon smart pots. I believe when i was normally feeding i flushed and left the medium no nutrients so the plants would yellow.

Ohiofarmer

Ohiofarmer

How far into bloom are you. If your towards the end you should be happy thier yellowing.

Reactions: Sip
Sip

Sip

So first off plants only actively feed for fifteen minutes after you water, so as for your flushing make sure you ph your flush water as well. It also seems to me that your coco may be staying to moist, which would cause yellowing. But really it sounds like a nutrient problem. You may want to lessen your micro nutrients and check your nitrogen levels.

Sip

Sip

I would say back off the nutes a little bit and ph your water after all additives. If the problem persists and the flowers are looking fine then don't worry, she knows what she's doing. Then again it could be silica, process of elimination my friend.

GrowBros

GrowBros

How far into bloom are you. If your towards the end you should be happy thier yellowing.
Week 6. I could just be freaking out for nothing but it seems like they responded well to what we did last night.

Sip

Sip

Sorry slow internet. Yea if it's yellowing that late it's only natural. If you have yellowing of the small stemmed leaves in the buds themselves then I would be worried. But it sounds natural. I still would recommend silica and Humic acids.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
This is actually an update to a post from yesterday. To refresh I have recently had an issue with yellowing of leaves in flower. I attached the two pictures for reference.

I think it is a problem with the way I flush my coco coir. I have always flushed with staright watet and left my plants for a day instead of following a flush with aggressive nutrients to keep the nutes in the soil and available to the plant at 6.0ph.

Let me know what you think. I will update tonight after I attempted to flush and feed last night.

Thanks
That's part of your 'problem' right there. Stop flushing with plain water and then getting aggressive again. If you feed low and slow throughout the grow, you won't really need to flush.
Haha ok.

I just pulled that leaf off to try to get a pic. I will update later. It looks like the leaf is fine other than just being a bit too yellow for that stage of growth.
We need to see the whole plant because that is key to deciphering what the problem may be. We need environmental parameters (actual parameters, not statements like "the pH is fine") in order to further help us help you. I'm not saying you did this, but we see many new members come onto the site and say exactly that. What, exactly, is the pH of the root zone, what's the pH of the run-off, what's the pH of the feed/water going in?
Throughout the plant. Mid and lower.
That is a classic potassium uptake/utilization problem.

Stop pulling leaves off, get pix of them *on* the plant. Give us parameters like EC (if you're using synthetic fertilizers rather than organics, and it looks like you are so you should easily be able to measure electrical conductivity), pH, temps lights-on/lights-off, RH during lights on and off, and the pH of the root zone. I personally am a fan of the slurry method using 0EC water.

Colossus

Colossus

I would say back off the nutes a little bit and ph your water after all additives. If the problem persists and the flowers are looking fine then don't worry, she knows what she's doing. Then again it could be silica, process of elimination my friend.
Saying that bro, is it good to keep having to adjust the pH before every feed? By adding more pH up/down essentially arent you adding more nurtients as well? (Big Learning Curve This One!) Ive had some problems with pH fluctuations as well but im in the middle of winter and our tap water is at 7.0... It usually goes up after they feed? Should i give them another flush (its been a week)

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

Saying that bro, is it good to keep having to adjust the pH before every feed? By adding more pH up/down essentially arent you adding more nurtients as well? (Big Learning Curve This One!) Ive had some problems with pH fluctuations as well but im in the middle of winter and our tap water is at 7.0... It usually goes up after they feed? Should i give them another flush (its been a week)

Generally youll be adding salts (parts per million) when you use ph up/down

You MUST get ph stable before feeding (after you mix nutes) most ferts bring ph down. So youll usually need ph up.

Theres a chart that shows every macro and micro nutrient your plant needs. And at which ph the nutrient can be absorbed. Maintaining ph is paramount, if you dont ph up and down before feeding you could cause a lot of issues.

Heres that chart

Gl soil ph table

Also dude, you only really want to flush out salts (ppm) buildup. If your not using a ppms meter / ec meter to measure your salts before you water, you should start. This is an important factor.

Latest posts

Top Bottom