Ph levels.

• Thread starter Chris Mullen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Chris Mullen

Chris Mullen

How accurate would you fellow farmers say this is.

. That’s why you want to have the perfect level of acidity in your water, which will be around 5.5-6.0Typical pH Levels
  • 3.5 and below: Root Damage
  • 4.0-4.5: Poor Nutrient Uptake
  • 5.0-5.4: Good pH Level
  • 5.4-5.8: Perfect pH Level
  • 6.0-7.0: Acceptable pH Balance
  • 7.5-8.0: Poor Nutrient Uptake
  • 8.5 and Above: Root Damage
Note: Soil-grown plants tend to need a little bit higher of a pH than hydroponics because soil retains and releases certain elements to your plants at different times. However, both hydroponic and soil pH levels should stay within the same optimal range of 5.5-6.0 ph.

rogone

rogone

Nothing major so far ,maybe littlebit of calcium deficiency ( i was sure i feed too low ph it was like 5.7-6 i think), i cant tell. Little yellowish dots stayed from then. I was sure 6.5ish is perfect for soil no?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Tip for soil from a fake soil grower. No need to PH your feed the soil will do that for you. If you have a problem with soil PH its either it was not amended right to start with or you have a nutrient buildup. Just my opinion, this is a controversial opinion but hey its always good to have discussions over controversial topics.

Green Mtn

Green Mtn

I've been using FFOF and have had a tough issue with PH between the soil clocking in around 6 out of the bag. And my nutrients mix up to like 4.5-5.... My poor girls faded out bad. The company swears that you don't have to PH and the soil will buffer.....This is not working out for me at all.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I've been using FFOF and have had a tough issue with PH between the soil clocking in around 6 out of the bag. And my nutrients mix up to like 4.5-5.... My poor girls faded out bad. The company swears that you don't have to PH and the soil will buffer.....This is not working out for me at all.
You sure that's the cause?

Green Mtn

Green Mtn

Thinking I need to add some Lime to buffer the acids in the soil and get me closer to 6.8

Green Mtn

Green Mtn

The only thing that is acidic are the nutrients. Not sure it's the cause but with the runoff at 5 at most, I suspect this is too acidic.

Green Mtn

Green Mtn

Yeah could be I guess? I'm learning so maybe yes. So a flush in either case would have helped. And only ph'd water at this point?

Green Mtn

Green Mtn

I't just alarming how low the PH is when you mi the Roots Organic line according to their instructions.

Green Mtn

Green Mtn

And as far as build up? I water every 3 days rotating between feeding, plain water & just water and microbes. So they really only get fed like every 9 or 10th day. And I'd say well maybe they need to be fed? But they don't green up when fed, almost the opposite they yellowing gets worse.

Seraphine

Seraphine

How accurate would you fellow farmers say this is.

. That’s why you want to have the perfect level of acidity in your water, which will be around 5.5-6.0Typical pH Levels
  • 3.5 and below: Root Damage
  • 4.0-4.5: Poor Nutrient Uptake
  • 5.0-5.4: Good pH Level
  • 5.4-5.8: Perfect pH Level
  • 6.0-7.0: Acceptable pH Balance
  • 7.5-8.0: Poor Nutrient Uptake
  • 8.5 and Above: Root Damage
Note: Soil-grown plants tend to need a little bit higher of a pH than hydroponics because soil retains and releases certain elements to your plants at different times. However, both hydroponic and soil pH levels should stay within the same optimal range of 5.5-6.0 ph.
I keep my in range. Anywhere from 5.8 - 6.3.

Green Mtn

Green Mtn

Should I worry about the PPM though? I was trying to feed at like 1000pm or is this a waste of time? Feed if they need?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Should I worry about the PPM though? I was trying to feed at like 1000pm or is this a waste of time? Feed if they need?
Feed if they need based on plants response.
I'm betting your leaves are very dark green, the very tips are curling down and slight burning on the tips. Have a picture?

Green Mtn

Green Mtn

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I use ffof and it doesn't work out for me either; I adjust everything I pour into the plant to 6.5 & I recommend all growers do as well. Also consider adding Dolomite lime to ffof for best results, good luck!

Top Bottom