Ph lockout in organics?

• Thread starter chugzfarmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
chugzfarmer

chugzfarmer

Hey everyone I'm having some problems with my current grow. Haven't been monitoring ph too closely because I was told organic teas adjusted theirselves. I seem to be having a deficiency possibly caused by a lockout due to high ph.

I have checked the ph of the teas I have fed and they have seemed on the high side fluctuating from high 6's to mid 7's. Also I have watered a few times lazily with unPHed water. They are in coco.

I'm going to put a few photos of my plants. You can see intervienal chlorosis and slow new growth seems to be zinc to me. I had noticed the lightening of new growth over time but didnt think to adjust it.

Ph lockout in organics
Ph lockout in organics 2
N

Newber

not ph'ing water is just asking for trouble. Flush with ph'd water until your run off is reading in range

goingtoguano

goingtoguano

Do you know the level of dissolved solids in your water and teas? It can be just as important as the PH.
PPM meters are cheap.

mancorn

mancorn

When you say "tea" is this a commercial blend, or your own brew? Are you adding nutrients to the tea or feeding separately? Traditionally the tea is to create microbes, which in turn break down your organic nutrients and make them available to your plant. But this takes time. If you don't have the organic food in your soils, the tea might not be doing anything (as the microbes will just die off if they can't find food).

Top Bottom